Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,286 members, 7,957,742 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:50 PM

I Resorted To Stealing Because People No Longer Build Houses - Bricklayer - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Resorted To Stealing Because People No Longer Build Houses - Bricklayer (290 Views)

Bricklayer Kills Lover For Rituals In Ogun State(Photos / Kenyan Student Pleads Guilty To Stealing Her Mom's Money To Spend With Boyfriend / 'I Started Stealing, Because People Are No Longer Building Houses'- Bricklayer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Resorted To Stealing Because People No Longer Build Houses - Bricklayer by EmagNig(m): 11:38am On Jul 18, 2018
A bricklayer who was arrested by men of the Niger State Police Command for stealing motorcycles, has confessed that he resorted to stealing because people no longer builder houses in the state.

28 year old Danjuma Idris and his accomplice, 27-year-old Mohammed Kudu, had been terrorising motorcyclists in Kpakungu, Chanchaga Local Government Area of the state.

They were arrested after stealing the motorcycle of one Emeka Johnson who resides in Ketaren Gwari.

When interrogated, Idris said he had to seek another means to survive since no one was calling him for bricklaying jobs anymore.

“Things are hard, l am looking for what to survive on since there are no jobs anywhere. I have been in this business of snatching motorcycles from people for years. The bricklayer job I was doing cannot sustain me, people are no longer building houses as before and things are hard for young men and that was why I resorted to snatching motorcycles from people,.

I wish I had not taken to this. But I will blame my situation on the poor economic state of the country and the state” he said.

Parading them before newsmen, the state police command spokesperson, Muhammad Abubakar, said the suspects would be charged to court once investigations have been completed.

https://lailasnews.com/i-resorted-to-stealing-because-people-no-longer-build-houses-bricklayer/

lalasticlala

Re: I Resorted To Stealing Because People No Longer Build Houses - Bricklayer by GOFRONT(m): 12:18pm On Jul 18, 2018
shocked

(1) (Reply)

Just In: Boko Haram Kills Six Traders In Fresh Attack In Nigeria / CAC Pastor Dupes Church Members With Fake Job Offers, Lands In Police Cell / Baby Dies After Mom Forgot Him Inside Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.