Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,137 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Manfesto: Standardization Of Pricing Of Software And Application Development - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Manfesto: Standardization Of Pricing Of Software And Application Development (951 Views)

Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move / Re: Amazon Recruitment Of Software Developers In Nigeria 2022. Opinion / Differences Between Testing And Debugging In Programming Of Software Application (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Manfesto: Standardization Of Pricing Of Software And Application Development by AbiZeus: 4:49pm On Jul 18, 2018
I believe one of the rots coming into to the tech ecosystem is the lack of standard pricing of software projects and time frame, majorly due to lack of exposure and influence of indians which lack standard and competitive pricing, The ecosystem should bring forth standard pricing, billing hours, one of the things i notice was that in Nigeria most developers are still stuck with crud applications and Wp sites when their development if stripped down and even in these basic applications being built their has been always compromises on the part of the developers due to the fact they believe the client isn't paying well enough to follow standard processes and implementation from technical processes [i.e unit testing ] to human processes [ users persona and researches ] which are pretty important. I call for manifesto from every developer to start a revolution by standardizing the ecosystem with trusted process, PLease drop your complaints, ideas on how the ecosystem[b][/b] can be developed and grown, at the these state the ecosystem is still a bit premature and has not entered the log phase [ the ecosystem is not big ], if standardization doesn't take place early in our ecosystem (i) The pride of our profession would be lost and irrational payment scheme would be offered unto us (ii) These is the most crucial majority of the developers would not strive to produce and implement ground breaking solutions because of the discouragement attached. I believe the motto of our ecosystem should be Excellence, Integrity, Innovation and Prosperity. meaning Excellent Innovations based on Integrity to yield prosperity. PLS? How can we standardize our ecosystem...{ summary: Create OPEC for Programmers. }
Re: Manfesto: Standardization Of Pricing Of Software And Application Development by eblazer(m): 5:53pm On Jul 18, 2018
Well I think this is a welcome initiative as it will help curb out poor quality jobs and bring about excellence and prosperity in the end. The present industry is young and many people been ambitious run into it been paid peanuts to write a software or website with prices that are unbelievable ! . As it stands i will like to suggest a code of conduct of doing things and registration of professional in the industry to stamp out this menace
Re: Manfesto: Standardization Of Pricing Of Software And Application Development by Ayemileto(m): 7:44pm On Jul 18, 2018
This is just like saying there should be a Union standardizing prices.

To me, this does not make any sense. Look at every aspect in Nigeria where we have Union influence, there's hardly development. And this is one of the main things dragging us back as a nation.

Simple fact is, everyone know their worth.

Plus this will be almost impossible in Nigeria because many people who earn through programming do it through freelancing sites like fiverr. If they refuse to accept the job, someone else will. If you have a fiver account, check buyers request section regularly, check the kind of projects some of the buyers want to do and their budget.

Check back in 2 to 5 mins time and see the number of people that have applied.

This also applies to freelancer.

So, will you say Nigerians should stop accepting jobs from this freelancing sites because of some of the ridiculous pay?

Even if you regulate the prices in Nigeria, people who are not willing to pay the reasonable amount will simply give the job to someone which will probably be a foreigner on one of this freelancing sites.

In short, forget about price regulation in this industry. But know your worth.
Re: Manfesto: Standardization Of Pricing Of Software And Application Development by AbiZeus: 8:00pm On Jul 18, 2018
i completely understand the idea that everyone, must know there worth..part of what am pushing for is an identity i.e [the germans are know for building good superior automobiles | machines generally] [the japanese are known for automobiles too and anime(lol) ], the concept am trying to push for is that Nigeria developers will be known to build Good, Standard softwares at standard prices across all fields. I understand that a base line cannot be pushed for pricing but in the long term, if we push communally as a set of capable software engineers, programmers, we will actually be respected and paid more, but the identity must be by design except we want to wake up in the next 10 years and stipends is still given to us and we are know for poor performance globally. Perhaps the question is which identity do we want to push to the world? and what code of conducts should be pushed to the ecosystem.

(1) (Reply)

Help Me With This App / I'm Interested In Investing In A Technology Business / Ai’s Breakthrough Year In Cyber Security : Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.