Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,313 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

Stereotyping Another Form Of Racism - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Stereotyping Another Form Of Racism (367 Views)

Stereotyping Another Form Of Racism / The Concept Of Racism In Jamaican And In Hatti / Let's Talk About Gender Stereotyping. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Stereotyping Another Form Of Racism by armzyville(m): 4:59pm On Jul 18, 2018
The war against racism which began over centuries ago which seems to have be defeated has taken another form.

The believe that some group of people from the same ethnic group or region are thesame is a prejudicial thinking that is affecting the world today.

This act known as stereotype is seen among people of the same race, especially in Africa where some people are seen as an out Caste.

In the eastern part of Nigeria there is a belief known as the Osu caste system, it's such a debasing act to humanity.

As an Osu, you are seen as a slave who can not be crown king or even allowed into certain position in the society.

Same applicable to different cultures in Africa.

It is even more surprising as the so called elites and highly educated people are involved in such act.
I too have gotten a fare share of this shameful act.

I was opportune to school in ...continue reading... http://armzyville..com/2018/07/stereotyping-another-form-of-racism.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Am I Anti-feminist If These Seven Things Happen In My Relationship? / The Real Life - You Are Forgiven / “Erim”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.