Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,505 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

Why We Can’t Arrest, Investigate Adeosun Over NYSC Certificate Scandal – Police - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why We Can’t Arrest, Investigate Adeosun Over NYSC Certificate Scandal – Police (316 Views)

How Amechi/adeosun Proposed “single Window” Would Have Ripped Nigeria Of Billion / Quit Notice: We Can’t Arrest Arewa Youths – FG / Read Kemi Adeosun’s Big Idea On How FAAC Should Be Spent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Can’t Arrest, Investigate Adeosun Over NYSC Certificate Scandal – Police by stainlessmedia(m): 5:07pm On Jul 18, 2018
The police have stated that they cannot investigate the alleged forgery of the National Youth Service Corps, NYSC, exemption certificate by the Minister of Finance, Kemi Adeosun, because there is no formal complaint against her.

The Force spokesman, Jimoh Moshood, told newsmen yesterday in Abuja, that the Nigerian Police was not aware of the allegations against the minister, adding that no one had come forward to lodge a complaint against her.

“There must be a complaint, either written or verbal to us. You must write to a divisional police station or the Commissioner of Police or to the Inspector-General of Police; we have not received any complaint, so we can’t investigate it (allegation of forgery),” Moshood, acting Deputy Commissioner of Police stated.

Asked if the media reports of the allegation were not sufficient for the police to initiate a probe, the spokesman stated that police detectives could not initiate an investigation based on newspaper reports.

He insisted on a written or verbal complaint to the police, noting that this was the basis for all police investigations.

“I have not read the report of what you said was published in newspapers. As I said, we can’t investigate the allegations until there is a verbal or written complaint against her (the finance minister),” the police explained.

Read more details below:

https://www.stainlessmedia.com.ng/2018/07/why-we-cant-arrest-investigate-adeosun.html

Re: Why We Can’t Arrest, Investigate Adeosun Over NYSC Certificate Scandal – Police by Khd95(m): 5:13pm On Jul 18, 2018
dear NPF, is forgery not a crime in the nigerian constitution,do u need any formal complain about a public servany thats forged her certificate..dont u have the liberty to investigate such person

but if its an oodinary citizens, u can flex muscle adn clamp ddown on them

what do i know sef,mtcheeeeeew
Re: Why We Can’t Arrest, Investigate Adeosun Over NYSC Certificate Scandal – Police by Niyeal(m): 5:23pm On Jul 18, 2018
Dare Not
Re: Why We Can’t Arrest, Investigate Adeosun Over NYSC Certificate Scandal – Police by Nbote(m): 5:30pm On Jul 18, 2018
It is finished!!! So who laid d formal complaints for d club raids and SARS harassment? D gods abi? I knew dis case wouldn't see d lite of day as it was going to b swept under d APC carpet with APC broom
Re: Why We Can’t Arrest, Investigate Adeosun Over NYSC Certificate Scandal – Police by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jul 18, 2018
I need to leave this country for good b4 2019. The country has failed woefully.

(1) (Reply)

Habits You Should Not Waste Your Time Or Money On / Soceity And Children Born Out Of Wedlock / Hon. O.c.j. Okocha San, Mfr, Dssrs, Jp Celebrates 40 Years Of Legal Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.