Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,700 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) (81467 Views)

NDIC Places Properties Of 8 Liquidated Mfbs For Sale (see List) / Nigerian Naira Fast Becoming The Weakest Currency In Africa / Lady Finds Biafran Currency In Her Father's Cupboard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by Nobody: 3:21am On Jul 19, 2018
I just bought this for ur information.
You should know that not everyone on nairaland is broke. It's a forum for everybody. I play a lot here when not busy and I think I am addicted to this forum too.

OsuMustGo:

Oh yeah
Your dream last night...

Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by emmie14: 4:16am On Jul 19, 2018
Oritzy:
Ghana cedis is one of the strongest in Africa..
Which cedi. Mention south African Rand. Botswana pula .. Cedi One of the strongest how?
Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by tos4u(m): 4:16am On Jul 19, 2018
Danelo:
See as Dollar dey upress our Naira.

wait ooooo so if i go to Guinea with my last 10k i will be a big boy?

#10000 = 3million+ in Guinea.
My friend do not deceive yourself you will only get 251,000 guinea currency. REST IN PEACE OUR DEAR MATHEMATICS
Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by tos4u(m): 4:19am On Jul 19, 2018
Danelo:

My friend do not deceive yourself you will only get 251,000 guinea currency. the thunder eye suppose finish your maths teacher ....... What Am I saying self I blame it on buhari administration
Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by nothingspoil70: 4:37am On Jul 19, 2018
realmindz:
Hmmm...
So we are competing with likes of Somalia Rwanda Malawi
Rwanda has one of the best economies in Africa
Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by fr3do(m): 4:39am On Jul 19, 2018
But know this, exchange rate is not an important factor, it is how the exchange rate changes with time that is important and the per capital income.
1USD is about 1000 korean won, but south korea has a good standard of living and per capital income.

Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by Oritzy: 4:40am On Jul 19, 2018
emmie14:

Which cedi. Mention south African Rand. Botswana pula .. Cedi One of the strongest how?
Bros show me proofs and I will believe you but if you don't have any please don't mention me again
Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by Oritzy: 4:42am On Jul 19, 2018
Sexydon3:
ghana cedis is even weaker than naira... naria has more value than cedis
Bros show me proofs and I will believe you but if you don't have any please don't mention me again

Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by Franky826: 4:42am On Jul 19, 2018
cyndy1000:
Even Ghana isn't there

Which is nonsense because Ghana cedis is on a serious down turn recently like a travelling avalanche.

That list is fake

Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by Franky826: 4:43am On Jul 19, 2018
Oritzy:

Which cedis?

Lmao grin

Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by adeoba2008(m): 4:55am On Jul 19, 2018
Niyeal:
I Kno My Naija Naira Wil Be There,
First To Comment,
Shower Me With Likes Now

Mumu. Show me naija on the link. It shows that you don't read before commenting all because you want to make FTC.

Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by cherriton12: 5:00am On Jul 19, 2018
stefanjaeger:
This is one of the area where Buhari led administration goofed..Adeosun and Emefile messed up our economy with policies that got backfired and they are finding it so tough to redeem till date. http://www.generalnews.com.ng
As much as I hate to admit it, PDP had a superior economy management team compared to the inexperienced APC team. Naira could not have gone this bad if Buhari had worked with the experience of Okonjo Iweala. Fact everybody had to reckon with is that Okonjo Iweala ain't an overrated economist.
Nigeria currency (Naira) make it to the list as the 9th weakest currency in Africa. While guinea currency (Guinea franc) top the list.
Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by olajizz01(m): 5:09am On Jul 19, 2018
stefanjaeger:
This is one of the area where Buhari led administration goofed..Adeosun and Emefile messed up our economy with policies that got backfired and they are finding it so tough to redeem till date. As much as I hate to admit it, PDP had a superior economy management team compared to the inexperienced APC team. Naira could not have gone this bad if Buhari had worked with the experience of Okonjo Iweala. Fact everybody had to reckon with is that Okonjo Iweala ain't an overrated economist.
Tribalist,we understand all your cajole.
Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by sonsomegrigbo: 5:29am On Jul 19, 2018
AmiciLord:
100 British Pounds to 1 Biafran whatever. Kanu finish this people. grin

NRAMDI KARU finished them no be small
AmiciLord:
100 British Pounds to 1 Biafran whatever. Kanu finish this people. grin

NRAMDI KARU finished them no be small
Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by Rejoice5000(f): 5:36am On Jul 19, 2018
Danelo:
Go na
Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by zinizta: 6:24am On Jul 19, 2018
cyndy1000:
Even Ghana isn't there

Because of the rampant inflation in the decades before the exchange the second cedi was only worth a small fraction of its original value. The government decided to "cut" four zeros off the currency by the switch to the third cedi. The new currency was not introduced as the third cedi but is instead officially called the Ghanaian Cedi, in contrast to the second cedi that was officially known as the New Cedi. In the second half of 2007 both the second and third cedi were legal tender as the old currency were being gradually withdrawn. At the end of December 2007 more than 90% of all old coins and notes had been withdrawn. [3] From January 2008 old banknotes could only be exchanged at banks and was no longer legal tender. [4]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghanaian_cedi
Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by writeprof(m): 6:25am On Jul 19, 2018
queensera:
2018 List of top 10 weakest currency in Africa has just being revealed. Nigeria currency (Naira) make it to the list as the 9th weakest currency in Africa. While guinea currency (Guinea franc) top the list.

Source:
http://nairaplus.com/2018/07/see-list-of-top-10-weakest-currency-in-africa/

I want to know the ten strongest ones to make my plans.
Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by Niyeal(m): 6:37am On Jul 19, 2018
adeoba2008:

Mumu. Show me naija on the link. It shows that you don't read before commenting all because you want to make FTC.
Are u blind?, Ba ganni? se oju e fo ni?
can't u c Nigeria naira there?.
I'm.becile you're.
Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by Emeskhalifa(m): 6:41am On Jul 19, 2018
Oritzy:
i think that is after they did waht somthing to their currency

I weep for my country cry

Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by Baselm: 6:43am On Jul 19, 2018
ADADAB:
LIAR!!!!!
Top 10 Weakest Currencies In Africa 2018 1. Sao Tome and Principe Dobra Exchange rate: 1 USD = 20808 STD The Sao tome and principle’s currency is called Dobra. It is a very weak currency in the international market and exchanges at a value of 20808 to a dollar. To buy a bottle of Coca-Cola, you’ll need roughly 19,000 Dobra! Sao Tome and principe Dobra – The Lowest Currency In Africa 2. Guinean Franc Exchange rate: 1 USD = 8998 GNF Guinea is a country located in West Africa. It’s currency, the Guinea Franc, is the second weakest currency in Africa. Currently the Guinea Franc exchanges at the rate of 8,998 Guinea Franc to a US Dollar. You’ll need roughly 4,400 Guinea Franc to get a cool bottle of Coca-Cola. 3. Sierra Leonean Leone Exchange rate: 1 USD = 7670 SLL Leone is the name of the currency used in Sierra Leone. Sierra Leone Leone is currently on the number three spot on our list of top 10 weakest currencies in Africa. Plagued by trade deficit (import>export) and this has considerably affected its currency in the international market. The Leone exchanges at the rate of 7,670 Leone against the US Dollar. To buy a bottle of my favorite drink in Sierra Leone, you’ll need around 3,200 Leone. 4. Ugandan Shilling Exchange rate: 1 USD =3603 UGX The trade deficit is a major cause of the weakness of the Uganda currency. The country import more than they export and this cause the number of funds flowing out of the country to be more than the amount coming in. The Uganda currency, the shilling, exchanges against the US Dollar at the rate of 3,603 Uganda Shilling to a US Dollar. To purchase a bottle of Coca-Cola in Uganda, you’ll need around 2,000 shillings! 5. Malagasy Ariary Exchange rate: 1 USD = 3199.65 Ariary Madagascar is another country known for its weak currency. Though the economy of Madagascar is tied to resource extraction which should have boosted its economy, due to lack of investors, its growth has been stunted. The country’s currency, Ariary, exchanges at the rate of 3,199.65 Ariary to the US Dollar and to get a cool bottle of Coca-Cola, one would need around 1700 Ariary. 6. Tanzanian Shilling Exchange rate: 1 USD = 2234 shilling One often wonder why a country as politically stable as Tanzania with its large economy being among the country’s with the weakest currency in Africa, sadly that’s the case. The Tanzanian Shilling exchanges at a rate of 2234 Tanzanian Shilling to the US Dollar. And to cool yourself down with a bottle of Coca-Cola, you’ll need roughly 1100 Tanzanian shilling. 7. Burundian Franc Exchange rate: 1 USD = 1749 BIF In spite of the government’s strict regulations to protect the Burundian currency from becoming almost worthless, no definite progress has been made. The currency still remains as poor as it was. The currency exchanges at a rate of 1,749 Burundian Franc to the US Dollar and one would need about 900 Burundian Franc to exchange for a bottle of Coca-Cola. 8. Congolese Franc Exchange rate: 1 USD = 1596 Congolese franc Congo one of Africa’s largest copper producer has one of the weakest currency in the world. This is partly due to the low prices of copper in the international market and improper management of mines. The Congolese Franc exchanges at the rate of 1,596 Franc to the US Dollar. Give the vendor 800 Franc and you’ll get a cool bottle of the world most famous drink! 9. Rwandan Franc Exchange rate: 1 USD = 855.56 RWF Rwanda started issuing its currency in 1960 and since then it has not been performing up to standard hence falling into a list of the top 10 weakest currency in Africa. The Rwanda Franc exchanges at the rate of 855.56 Rwanda Franc to the US Dollar. You’ll need roughly 500 Franc to get a bottle of Coca-Cola. 10. Malawian Kwacha Exchange rate: 1 USD = 722 Malawian kwacha Malawi first issued it currency called the Malawian pound but in 1971, it changed it currency to Kwacha. The currency has not been performing well in the international market despite the government’s efforts. The Malawian currency, Kwacha, exchanges at the rate of 722 Kwacha to the US Dollar. To get a bottle of your favorite drink, Coca-Cola, in Malawi, you’ll need around 320 Kwacha. The reason why most investors are afraid to invest in the economy of these countries due to the regular fluctuations of their currency. The economies are very unstable and so are the currency! We’ve tried as much as possible to give you the accurate exchange rate but note that these values are constantly changing and if you’ll like to get the current exchange rate of any of the currency stated here, you can visit the country’s central bank website.
these facts and analysis are sound, kudos

Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by supereagle(m): 6:49am On Jul 19, 2018
loswhite:
lol...this weed u take must be a special weed....lol

Who is taking weed between me and you? Why not verify my submission.
Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by Acehart: 6:54am On Jul 19, 2018
cyndy1000:
Even Ghana isn't there

1 cedi = 75 Naira
Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by Cmeo(m): 6:58am On Jul 19, 2018
queensera:
2018 List of top 10 weakest currency in Africa has just being revealed. Nigeria currency (Naira) make it to the list as the 9th weakest currency in Africa. While guinea currency (Guinea franc) top the list.

Source:
http://nairaplus.com/2018/07/see-list-of-top-10-weakest-currency-in-africa/

This list isnt complete without Zimbabwean Dollar (ZWD)

Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by PointZerom: 7:01am On Jul 19, 2018
LZAA:

Pdp ruled for 16 years during which it had three different presidents
During which it had to settle or negotiate its way out of debts to the paris club
Look if u must bow to the caliphate we understand but facts are there in the open
Cc immhotep pointzerom iceberg3 GMBuharii

Leave sirjamo cow milk is dangerous to his health.

Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by pocohantas(f): 7:09am On Jul 19, 2018
emerged01:

How is Ghana's cedis the strongest?

Obviously one of those who determines strength by just exchange rate. What is 'strong' about the Cedi? What is its PPP?

Both the person that compiled the list and that guy you quoted, needs to be schooled grin.
Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 7:11am On Jul 19, 2018
even Liberia one of the war ravaged area is not there.. God abeg come and take buhari out of this planet he don try
Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by gabbasin: 7:25am On Jul 19, 2018
stefanjaeger:
This is one of the area where Buhari led administration goofed..Adeosun and Emefile messed up our economy with policies that got backfired and they are finding it so tough to redeem till date. As much as I hate to admit it, PDP had a superior economy management team compared to the inexperienced APC team. Naira could not have gone this bad if Buhari had worked with the experience of Okonjo Iweala. Fact everybody had to reckon with is that Okonjo Iweala ain't an overrated economist.
when okonjo iweala came on board during obasanjo regime what is the rate of naira to the dollar and when she exit with Jonathan what was the rate
Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by rummmy: 7:33am On Jul 19, 2018
And someone will be comparing zoogeria with Kenya South Africa and even Egypt,..i blame the certificateless general.
Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by principalgee: 7:39am On Jul 19, 2018
Naija no go Carry last, I know
Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by zibe(m): 8:15am On Jul 19, 2018
Sierra Leonan's Leones should top that list. This isn't accurate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Can 200,000 Naira Start A Good Business In Nigeria? / Inside Tony Ezenna House In Bourdillon, Ikoyi, Lagos (Pictures) / How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank