Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,093 members, 7,825,453 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Is It Really About Working Hard? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Really About Working Hard? (13178 Views)

What Do You Hate Most About Working From Home? / Common Lies About Working From Home As A Nigerian / Why You Should Make Working Hard A Habit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Really About Working Hard? by midehill(m): 11:38pm On Jul 18, 2018
The phrase "working hard" pisses me up nowadays not because I am lazy but because working hard is not the way to get rich and be comfortable.

For instance look around you, I am sure you know atleast one person who is very hardworking, they could be a close friend, neighbours, it could even be our dad or mum. But look at them, sometimes when you hear them speak, some will tell you they have been working for twenty years, some thirty and some fourty and above years with nothing to show for it. All the money they got from working hard are only used to cater for their family and pay bills, after all this they have nothing to show for it after long years of working and sweating.

Meanwhile another guy in the corner knows what works for him, let's say he loves playing football, he would work towards that and before you know it he is a billionaire. Another guy loves singing, he works towards that, before you know it, they are calling him or her for shows up and down. Just recently our celebrity musician tekno said he did not go to school and he is a milionaire, we all know when he started singing meanwhile some of us have been working before he starts singing but just look at it now, our money and his money no be mate, another musician is Mr eazi...how many more do I want to talk about!!!

The message I am trying to pass is know what works for you, if you loves singing go for it, follow your dream one day you will succeed. if you love football, same thing applies to it. If it's acting, go for it,u will succeed

Another thing I want you to note is that when you love doing something and you back it up with prayer and you go for it, there is no way you won't make it.

There are some great music's that haven't been produced because those with the talent are busy doing another thing.

There are some great writers yet to be known simply because they are no where to be found

There are some great footballer that are even far better than Messi and Ronaldo but he or she is somewhere wallowing in poverty

To end it all, school is very important but the way our economy is going, don't dare say you want to become a doctor, lawyer, accountant without having plan B

To me school is overated, u will hear pple saying I want to become a doctor whereas they have something that can pay them more well than those professions they just enlisted.
School is good but if you are not careful, it can make you to be poor.

My name is midehill, I just want to make common sense

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Really About Working Hard? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:41pm On Jul 18, 2018
It's not about working hard at all...

The Grace of God encapsulate that.....atleast for us!

44 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Is It Really About Working Hard? by Onechancearmy(m): 11:23am On Jul 19, 2018
grin

Believe Techno at your own peril. It is ALWAYS about working hard. Luck will only take you so far in life. And if you drop out of school, you are placing your destiny in the hands of blind motherluck. Life is not always a lottery and even if it were, not everybody who plays the lottery wins.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Really About Working Hard? by salbis(m): 11:23am On Jul 19, 2018
If working one's fingers to the bones would make someone successful, bricklayers, truck pushers, etc would have been successful.
Smart soft workers are the ones hammering. May God crown our efforts.

18 Likes

Re: Is It Really About Working Hard? by jabberjawz: 11:23am On Jul 19, 2018
Oga first of all, happy common sense making... grin.........in my opinion, it pays to work hard, but one should channel d energy to something one is 99 percent passionate about....then back it up with genuine prayers....& Watch this unexplainable divine intervention follow up your actions..... simply beyond physics & chemistry........am a living proof... wink

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Really About Working Hard? by LordofNaija: 11:24am On Jul 19, 2018
cheesy I still laugh when I hear people say hardwork pays. Providence and smartness does it all. Just work smart man. If it's meant for you, it will surely come to pass. What work has Yusuf Buhari ever done to own two top rated hotels. Think man, think

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Really About Working Hard? by BossOluwendy(m): 11:24am On Jul 19, 2018
It's really not about working hard or hardworking... It's about doing what is right and the right thing at the right time...

1 Like

Re: Is It Really About Working Hard? by Jatinzbusinessc(m): 11:24am On Jul 19, 2018
shocked

You said follow your dreams, should I just follow my dreams without plans for the future? What if my dreams don't work out the way I want them to be.

Working hard is the only way to success, you must work hard before you start working smart or your money works for you.

The problem is not in the hard work the problem is in diversifying, the savings from the hard work and use it to work smarter.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Really About Working Hard? by pweshboi(m): 11:24am On Jul 19, 2018
Hmm

11 Likes

Re: Is It Really About Working Hard? by redsquare(m): 11:24am On Jul 19, 2018
Everything is by the grace of God. Some first class graduates are doing 30k jobs while some primary school drop-outs are making millions daily. In every situation, thank God. Do not boast about your success and accomplishments.

17 Likes

Re: Is It Really About Working Hard? by Codo22(m): 11:24am On Jul 19, 2018
Op is lazy
Re: Is It Really About Working Hard? by Nobody: 11:24am On Jul 19, 2018
But tekno works hard.

Going to school and working hard are two different things. Disciplining urself to have an original thought, like bill gates or any entrepreneur, is working hard. More importantly, having the guts to pursue ur goals is what brings success. Success doesn't fall on anybody. No guts, no glory.

Rich thieves work hard. Super models starving themselves everyday & exercising work hard. In the rare occasion dt u don't work hard but stumble on wealth via inheritance or lottery, ur lazy soul will eventually make u lose it.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Really About Working Hard? by dynicks(m): 11:25am On Jul 19, 2018
working smart is the koko bro.....use your head....

7 Likes

Re: Is It Really About Working Hard? by DarkMagic(m): 11:25am On Jul 19, 2018
In this country,it is not about working hard...it is about working smart
Do what u can do well
School is one thing.. getting a good paying job is another
U might have a 2 ¹ and start selling iTunes cards
That is how bad it is
I know ma child will b a footballer grin grin grin lol
But really, do what u can do well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Really About Working Hard? by BedLam: 11:25am On Jul 19, 2018
G

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Really About Working Hard? by dansokoto1(m): 11:25am On Jul 19, 2018
no work smart

1 Like

Re: Is It Really About Working Hard? by AkpaMgbor(m): 11:25am On Jul 19, 2018
It's about working smart...and being in the position to grab your opportunity...

2 Likes

Re: Is It Really About Working Hard? by CrazeMan69(m): 11:25am On Jul 19, 2018
So you are saying we should all buy laptops and help promote Nigeria’s reputation as fraudsters grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Really About Working Hard? by debque(m): 11:26am On Jul 19, 2018
hmmm
Re: Is It Really About Working Hard? by omojeesu(m): 11:26am On Jul 19, 2018
midehill:
The phrase "working hard" pisses me up nowadays not because I am lazy but because working hard is not the way to get rich and be comfortable.

For instance look around you, I am sure you know atleast one person who is very hardworking, they could be a close friend, neighbours, it could even be our dad or mum. But look at them, sometimes when you hear them speak, some will tell you they have been working for twenty years, some thirty and some fourty and above years with nothing to show for it. All the money they got from working hard are only used to cater for their family and pay bills, after all this they have nothing to show for it after long years of working and sweating.

Meanwhile another guy in the corner knows what works for him, let's say he loves playing football, he would work towards that and before you know it he is a billionaire. Another guy loves singing, he works towards that, before you know it, they are calling him or her for shows up and down. Just recently our celebrity musician tekno said he did not go to school and he is a milionaire, we all know when he started singing meanwhile some of us have been working before he starts singing but just look at it now, our money and his money no be mate, another musician is Mr eazi...how many more do I want to talk about!!!

The message I am trying to pass is know what works for you, if you loves singing go for it, follow your dream one day you will succeed. if you love football, same thing applies to it. If it's acting, go for it,u will succeed

Another thing I want you to note is that when you love doing something and you back it up with prayer and you go for it, there is no way you won't make it.

There are some great music's that haven't been produced because those with the talent are busy doing another thing.

There are some great writers yet to be known simply because they are no where to be found

There are some great footballer that are even far better than Messi and Ronaldo but he or she is somewhere wallowing in poverty

To end it all, school is very important but the way our economy is going, don't dare say you want to become a doctor, lawyer, accountant without having plan B

To me school is overated, u will hear pple saying I want to become a doctor whereas they have something that can pay them more well than those professions they just enlisted.

It is more about working smart. One good way is doing multilevel network marketing!

1 Like

Re: Is It Really About Working Hard? by ehinorlive: 11:26am On Jul 19, 2018
when you find the right thing to do, do it with hard work.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Really About Working Hard? by idrisolaide(m): 11:26am On Jul 19, 2018
cheesy
Re: Is It Really About Working Hard? by WhiteSoup: 11:26am On Jul 19, 2018
Did Hushpupi work hard?
Did Bobrisky work hard?

I does not even knows why people still want to go to school in this era

Youths should learned to follow the inspiration of these people and strive to be like them.

1 Like

Re: Is It Really About Working Hard? by Lagbaja01(m): 11:26am On Jul 19, 2018
Working intelligently with discipline ==>>> undeniable success

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Really About Working Hard? by safarigirl(f): 11:26am On Jul 19, 2018
Wise words..... even the Big Brother contestants that are now making money, is it degree that pushed them?

work smart, stop working hard

10 Likes

Re: Is It Really About Working Hard? by Nobody: 11:26am On Jul 19, 2018
midehill:
The phrase "working hard" pisses me up nowadays not because I am lazy but because working hard is not the way to get rich and be comfortable...

Thanks for sharing

Can school really make you poor or is it how you apply what you learned from school?

School never really ends; there are always new things to learn.

The real trap is thinking that just because you aced some exams in the past you no longer need to humble yourself to learn new things.

I've found that successful people love learning new things (from books, travel, meeting new people and so on)

However the eternal grumblers (similar to the ones you mentioned who boast about their 40-years-a-slave travails) are usually some of the most RIGID minds around.

These poor souls are forever trapped in the past, with outdated theories on how things are supposed to be... Not humbling themselves enough to learn what is really going on now...

That was nice food for thought. Thanks again.

8 Likes

Re: Is It Really About Working Hard? by flyca: 11:27am On Jul 19, 2018
Every successful person is hardworking. You think they musicians, footballers have it any have it any easier because their performance time is short, right? Do you how long they practiced behind the scenes?

A successful pianoist might practice for 6 months to perform in a concert for less than 10mins for instance. Ronaldo (a successful footballer) could be training both body and mind up to 20 hours a day. Do you know what Kim K spends on time, doctors, professional employees/artists, nutritionists etc to make sure her body appears perfect? All these, you can't tell. But you see them counting money of Instagram and you assume it's all rossy. And you imagine "no be just to wear bikini take picture?". My brother it is not o

Some people might be naturally talented at something, but you must nuture a talent in other to create wealth out of it.

Identifying "the fertile ground" is where smart-work comes to play. Also identifying your future early and good mentorship are key factors.

Althogether, it's hard work plus smart work

NB: I'm not talking about inherited wealth o. I'm talking about people who build themselves from scratch.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Really About Working Hard? by uxomykaz: 11:27am On Jul 19, 2018
"I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift , nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all."

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Really About Working Hard? by Dandsome: 11:27am On Jul 19, 2018
It's no longer about working hard but working smart.
Re: Is It Really About Working Hard? by SolnergyPower: 11:27am On Jul 19, 2018
Interesting
Re: Is It Really About Working Hard? by viktohmarkz(m): 11:27am On Jul 19, 2018
that's so true working hard doesn't pay much, buh doing what you love pays.
talking about making money you can make cool cash by just reading and commenting on threads like this, with registration of just #1600. click on the link on my signature.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

To Become A Referee In Nigerian Globacom League? / Recapitalization: Jobs Losses Loom As Nigerian Banks Battle To Escape Extinction / Should I Japa Or Stay In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.