Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,446 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

Stock Market Index Dips Further By 0.6% On Sustained Weaker Demand - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Stock Market Index Dips Further By 0.6% On Sustained Weaker Demand (2188 Views)

Naira Plunges To N1,900, Rebounds To N1,354 Then Dips To N1,700/$ / Weaker Naira Drives Up Foreign Demand For Local Products / MTN Shares Rise By 2.6% On Possible Resolution Of $10b Demand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stock Market Index Dips Further By 0.6% On Sustained Weaker Demand by Nkemakonam62: 5:22am On Jul 19, 2018
The bears continued to dominate transactions on the equity sector of the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE), as most blue chip stocks depreciated in price, causing the All-share index to plunge further by 0.6 per cent.

Yesterday, the All- share index shed 215.52 points, representing a decline of 0.58 per cent to close at 36,748.18 points. Also, the market capitalisation declined by N78billion to close at N13.312trillion.

The negative sentiment was impacted by losses recorded in medium and large capitalised stocks, amongst which are; Guaranty Trust Bank, Okomu Oil, FBN Holdings, Oando, and Nigerian Breweries.

Analysts from Cordros Capital, said: “in our view, the continued sell-offs call for cautious trading among investors, amidst absence of a near-term one-off positive catalyst in the short to medium term. However, still-positive macro-economic fundamentals remain supportive of gains on the long term.”

The Chief Research Officer, Investdata Consulting, Ambrose Omodion, said: “Reversal is imminent if more positive Q2 earnings reports hit the market today, considering undervalued state of equities and high yields. Investors should review their position in line with their investment goals and act as events unfold in the global and domestic environment.”

Market breadth closed negative, with 20 gainers versus 23 losers. Continental Reinsurance recorded the highest price gain of 10 per cent, to close at N1.65, while PZ Industries followed with a gain of 9.74 per cent to close at N16.90 per share.

International Breweries appreciated by 9.33 per cent to close at N41, while Japaul Oil and Maritime Services, and McNichols gained 9.09 per cent each to close at 36kobo and 72kobo per share, respectively.

On the other hand, FBN Holdings led the losers’ chart by 9.76 per cent, to close at N9.25, while Oando followed with a loss of 9.52 per cent to close at N4.75, per share.
Wema Bank declined by 8.82 per cent to close at 62kobo, while Caverton Offshore Support Group, and Consolidated Hallmark Insurance shed 7.14 per cent each to close at N1.95, and 26kobo per share, respectively.

Also, total volume traded depreciated by 11.05 per cent to 181.28 million shares worth N1.64billion, traded in 3,854 deals. Transactions in the shares of Transnational Corporation of Nigeria (Transcorp) topped the activity chart with 16.77 million shares valued at N20.64million. Zenith Bank followed with 15.15 million shares worth N361.67million, while Fidelity Bank traded 14.94 million shares valued at N29.79million.Oando traded 11.12 million shares valued at N53.63million, while Access Bank transacted 10.69 million shares worth N106.98million.

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/07/stock-market-index-dips-further-by-06.html

Re: Stock Market Index Dips Further By 0.6% On Sustained Weaker Demand by dingbang(m): 7:47am On Jul 19, 2018
Buhari is the cause of all these..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stock Market Index Dips Further By 0.6% On Sustained Weaker Demand by jeffoe(m): 7:47am On Jul 19, 2018
The stock market is just too complicated
Re: Stock Market Index Dips Further By 0.6% On Sustained Weaker Demand by handsome86(m): 7:48am On Jul 19, 2018
Who ehelp
Re: Stock Market Index Dips Further By 0.6% On Sustained Weaker Demand by nony43(m): 7:48am On Jul 19, 2018
I won ask one question, say i put my money for Nigerian stock and say i use play bet9ja which one for better for me?
Re: Stock Market Index Dips Further By 0.6% On Sustained Weaker Demand by MISEDUCATIONS: 7:49am On Jul 19, 2018
the stock market is the greatest con since tax.
Re: Stock Market Index Dips Further By 0.6% On Sustained Weaker Demand by Nobody: 7:52am On Jul 19, 2018
dingbang:
Buhari is the cause of all these..

Mumu, this is the stock market. It's now I lnow some of you are just joining the bandwagon to shout Lughari for likes.
Re: Stock Market Index Dips Further By 0.6% On Sustained Weaker Demand by dingbang(m): 7:53am On Jul 19, 2018
Admin401:

Mumu, this is the stock market. It's now I lnow some of you are just joining the bandwagon to shout Lughari for likes.
grin guy easy o... No kill yourself

2 Likes

Re: Stock Market Index Dips Further By 0.6% On Sustained Weaker Demand by eagleeye2: 7:53am On Jul 19, 2018
Simply loss of confidence by investors. The only way investors know how to protest is by moving their funds to safer havens.

1 Like

Re: Stock Market Index Dips Further By 0.6% On Sustained Weaker Demand by Obas101(m): 8:13am On Jul 19, 2018
I know just understand this stock thing. And I hear say na the fastest way to turn millionaire
Re: Stock Market Index Dips Further By 0.6% On Sustained Weaker Demand by KingRex1(m): 8:14am On Jul 19, 2018
Oando already having stock losses and haven't paid Ansbury the $680m arbitration award.. Something bad might hit them

1 Like

Re: Stock Market Index Dips Further By 0.6% On Sustained Weaker Demand by INTEGRITYA1(m): 8:45am On Jul 19, 2018
Real Estate market is far more reliable, though both markets has advantage.
Re: Stock Market Index Dips Further By 0.6% On Sustained Weaker Demand by MIKOLOWISKA: 9:08am On Jul 19, 2018
MISEDUCATIONS:
the stock market is the greatest con since tax.
greatest wealth creator you mean
Re: Stock Market Index Dips Further By 0.6% On Sustained Weaker Demand by faithfavour: 9:09am On Jul 19, 2018
Investor confidence is at all time low. The system is not working.

1 Like

Re: Stock Market Index Dips Further By 0.6% On Sustained Weaker Demand by EmekusTHEgreat(m): 9:22am On Jul 19, 2018
Bad time to sell, good time to buy

But if it falls any lower then the results won't be sexy.
Re: Stock Market Index Dips Further By 0.6% On Sustained Weaker Demand by MISEDUCATIONS: 10:02am On Jul 19, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
greatest wealth creator you mean
thats the point. creating wealth for who?
Re: Stock Market Index Dips Further By 0.6% On Sustained Weaker Demand by PropertyDeals(f): 1:52pm On Jul 19, 2018
Stock market index not favorable. It's mainly because investors confidence isn't that strong for now.

Are you done with your market analysis of the next property/land you want to acquire? If Real Estate Investment or Land Banking is your choice, it's better you do it rightly with a reputable source. No matter where you need land or house/apartment property in Lagos and other states, we are capable. Our office is in Ikeja (off Medical Road), feel free to visit or call us via the details in my signature. Don't miss this ongoing 50% discount promo on Queens Court Shapati Lakowe...

Check or signature below!!!
Re: Stock Market Index Dips Further By 0.6% On Sustained Weaker Demand by Layman24: 3:11pm On Jul 19, 2018
Gambling camp.
Re: Stock Market Index Dips Further By 0.6% On Sustained Weaker Demand by MIKOLOWISKA: 7:33pm On Jul 19, 2018
MISEDUCATIONS:
thats the point. creating wealth for who?
for those who want it. No food for lazy man
Re: Stock Market Index Dips Further By 0.6% On Sustained Weaker Demand by MISEDUCATIONS: 7:51pm On Jul 19, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
for those who want it. No food for lazy man
so you think african poverty is because of laziness?

1 Like

Re: Stock Market Index Dips Further By 0.6% On Sustained Weaker Demand by MIKOLOWISKA: 1:27am On Jul 20, 2018
MISEDUCATIONS:
so you think african poverty is because of laziness?
i don't think
I know
Re: Stock Market Index Dips Further By 0.6% On Sustained Weaker Demand by MISEDUCATIONS: 2:40am On Jul 20, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
i don't think
I know
you and buhari will make good ignorant small-brained friends
Re: Stock Market Index Dips Further By 0.6% On Sustained Weaker Demand by MIKOLOWISKA: 7:32pm On Jul 21, 2018
MISEDUCATIONS:
you and buhari will make good ignorant small-brained friends
if we can rule and slaughter you with ''small brain ''
I wonder what you have between your ears, gap or relaxer
Re: Stock Market Index Dips Further By 0.6% On Sustained Weaker Demand by MISEDUCATIONS: 7:45pm On Jul 21, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
if we can rule and slaughter you with ''small brain ''
I wonder what you have between your ears, gap or relaxer
you took too long
Re: Stock Market Index Dips Further By 0.6% On Sustained Weaker Demand by MIKOLOWISKA: 7:53pm On Jul 21, 2018
MISEDUCATIONS:
you took too long
I'll take as long as I damn well please
Re: Stock Market Index Dips Further By 0.6% On Sustained Weaker Demand by MISEDUCATIONS: 7:56pm On Jul 21, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
I'll take as long as I damn well please
pls do. but no one will be here to take your call
Re: Stock Market Index Dips Further By 0.6% On Sustained Weaker Demand by MIKOLOWISKA: 8:19pm On Jul 21, 2018
MISEDUCATIONS:
pls do. but no one will be here to take your call
who gives a sht so long as I have achieved my goal

(1) (Reply)

Invitation Letters / Snail Farming Is The Best Farming: / How Can I Write Letter To The Company That Am Interest In Become A Distributor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.