Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

South African Rapper AKA Wants To Quit Instagram Because It Destroys People - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / South African Rapper AKA Wants To Quit Instagram Because It Destroys People (845 Views)

Portable Accuses Davido Of Unfollowing Him On Instagram Because Of Osun Politics / Burna Boy Warns MI Abaga For Supporting South African Rapper AKA / "We Should Have Just Lost To Egypt Rather Than Nigeria" - SA Rapper, AKA Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

South African Rapper AKA Wants To Quit Instagram Because It Destroys People by WotzupNG: 10:47am On Jul 19, 2018
South Africa rapper, AKA has revealed intentions of quitting Instagram because of what the social media app does to people. In a series of tweets, AKA spoke of how the life of glamour which he and others flaunt on the app is making people crave for things they don’t really need in life.

He also warned against relying on social media to know what people hold as opinion about you.

Read his tweets below.

”There must be more to life than Instagram.

”I’m legit thinking of quitting Instagram. The pressure it’s putting on young men and women for material things is scary, and people like me are part of the problem without even knowing it. That thing was created for one purpose, for you to want things you don’t actually need.

”You go on Instagram, and it legit sucks you in on every level. You scroll and scroll and scroll and click and click and click, your mind completely devouring everything. Every bag, every holiday, every car, every new product that you are told you NEED in order to feel complete.

”I don’t have all the answers but damn. Mybexplore page is pure poison. Im not trying to judge anyone … I just need some more peace in my life.

”Is it possible to be addicted to Instagram and still be grateful for what you have? …. I don’t think so.

”Why are you so hungry to know what people are thinking or saying about you??… if you can figure that out, control it, and manage it … I think you will find the key to mastering social media.”

https://www.wotzup.ng/2018/07/aka-quit-instagram-destroy-people/

Re: South African Rapper AKA Wants To Quit Instagram Because It Destroys People by FarahAideed: 10:50am On Jul 19, 2018
Word!!!

1 Like

Re: South African Rapper AKA Wants To Quit Instagram Because It Destroys People by OneCorner: 10:50am On Jul 19, 2018
Na u sabi.
Re: South African Rapper AKA Wants To Quit Instagram Because It Destroys People by stefanweeks: 10:54am On Jul 19, 2018
You have a point sha

But na you and your colleagues start am
Re: South African Rapper AKA Wants To Quit Instagram Because It Destroys People by Patrick33(m): 10:55am On Jul 19, 2018
He's saying there truth... Makes youths not to be content...they Borrow just to slay on Instagram.. then the most important thing is that it just sits there and sucks your data like no tomorrow tongue lipsrsealed Swag doesn't pay bills
Re: South African Rapper AKA Wants To Quit Instagram Because It Destroys People by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:55am On Jul 19, 2018
Man of valour.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South African Rapper AKA Wants To Quit Instagram Because It Destroys People by Donald95(m): 11:03am On Jul 19, 2018
Yes it's a good idea. Just as nairaland is trying to destroy people like madridguy, Sarki ngeneukwuewu and the guy directly above me it is adviceable for them to take this bold step like the S.A rapper
Re: South African Rapper AKA Wants To Quit Instagram Because It Destroys People by WotzupNG: 11:22am On Jul 19, 2018
lalasticlala
Re: South African Rapper AKA Wants To Quit Instagram Because It Destroys People by ItxAyce(m): 11:33am On Jul 19, 2018
True words
Scrolling through the Gram these days is just tiring.
New shoes, New clothes, fancy bags, costly accessories in every picture. You'd feel incomplete if you don't have such things.
[/b]These days, people's moods are determined by how many likes they get on social media.[b]
Re: South African Rapper AKA Wants To Quit Instagram Because It Destroys People by Hardeybohwarley(m): 11:49am On Jul 19, 2018
AKA The Greatest...Feel the same bro, the rate at which people destroy their life just to impress on gram lipsrsealed lipsrsealed only God can save. Fakers live on gram. Real Gee's don't .
In Jay Z voice
"Y'all on the gram holding cash to your ear"
"There's disconnection we don't call me money over here".
Re: South African Rapper AKA Wants To Quit Instagram Because It Destroys People by tammyboy1(m): 11:53am On Jul 19, 2018
lol anybody that still gets intimidated over these fake instagram lifestyle is still a big time learner
Re: South African Rapper AKA Wants To Quit Instagram Because It Destroys People by Tamarapetty(f): 11:56am On Jul 19, 2018
Slay queens and co
Re: South African Rapper AKA Wants To Quit Instagram Because It Destroys People by LifestyleTonite: 1:51pm On Jul 19, 2018
lalasticlala
Re: South African Rapper AKA Wants To Quit Instagram Because It Destroys People by mynaijadj(m): 2:19pm On Jul 19, 2018
Even Christian leaders are not left out
Re: South African Rapper AKA Wants To Quit Instagram Because It Destroys People by iamnavy1: 2:48pm On Jul 19, 2018
AKA my best rapper of all time

True word from you there
This Social Media of a thing is very addictive this days

Am gonna quit also

#SuperMega
Re: South African Rapper AKA Wants To Quit Instagram Because It Destroys People by iamnavy1: 2:50pm On Jul 19, 2018
Lalasticlala this got to be on the front page sir

#Supermega
Re: South African Rapper AKA Wants To Quit Instagram Because It Destroys People by LifestyleTonite: 3:12pm On Jul 19, 2018
mynaijadj:
Even Christian leaders are not left out

fALSE PROPHETS like Ubert Angel, Shepherd Bushiri, Biodun Fatoyinbo, David Ibiyeomie etc.

Always flaunting lamborghini and Gucci as if they are in competition with rappers.
Re: South African Rapper AKA Wants To Quit Instagram Because It Destroys People by iamnavy1: 3:35pm On Jul 19, 2018
LifestyleTonite:

fALSE PROPHETS like Ubert Angel, Shepherd Bushiri, Biodun Fatoyinbo, David Ibiyeomie etc.

Always flaunting lamborghini and Gucci as if they are in competition with rappers.

Apostle Suleiman
Re: South African Rapper AKA Wants To Quit Instagram Because It Destroys People by LifestyleTonite: 5:19pm On Jul 19, 2018
iamnavy1:

Apostle Suleiman

Why is this positive thread not on FP?

(1) (Reply)

Cossy Ojiakor shares raunchy video of herself acting in a BDSM scene. / My New Name Is OLUWA-DIDDY -- P-DIDDY TOLD Falz(photo + Video) / Yomi Casual, Alex Ekubo & Bryan Okwara Poses With Their Chevrolet Cars (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.