Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,379 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:22 AM

CEO Gifts Man New Car After Walking 32 Kilometres To Work (Photos) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / CEO Gifts Man New Car After Walking 32 Kilometres To Work (Photos) (467 Views)

Can Your Secretary Ever Be, Lady Flaunt Her Cleavages At Work. PHOTOS / Off And At Work Photos Of Pretty Female Naval Officer / Daughter Of Popular Lagos Traffic Warden Visits Her At Work (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

CEO Gifts Man New Car After Walking 32 Kilometres To Work (Photos) by Groovenaija360(m): 11:59am On Jul 19, 2018
The owner of a moving company in the US has gifted an employee a new car after he walked for 32 kilometres to get to work.

Walter Carr made the long trek on his first day at work after his car broke down.

While en route to work, a police officer spotted Carr walking and stopped him and after hearing the young man’s story, he offered to buy him breakfast.

According to a customer Jenny Lamey, she woke up early to prepare for the movers who were expected at around 8 am. However, at around 6:30 am, the doorbell rang and she found Carr accompanied by the police officer.

"He proceeded to tell us that he had picked up 'this nice kid' in Pelham early this morning. The nice kid, Walter, said that he was supposed to help us with our move today" she wrote on Facebook.

"He walked all night to get from Homewood to Pelham. Because he needed to get to work. For those reading this that are not local, that's over 20 miles. The police officer said they picked him up earlier that morning, took him to get some breakfast and once they checked his story out, brought Walter to our house."

According to Lamey, she offered Carr a place to rest before the rest of the crew arrived but he declined, opting to go to work right away.

"I just can't tell you how touched I was by Walter and his journey. I can't imagine how many times on that lonely walk... in the middle of the night did he want to turn back. How many times did he wonder if this was the best idea. But he walked until he got here! I am in total awe of this young man!" she continued

Lamey contacted the company’s CEO, Luke Marklin and he showed up with a surprise for his new employee, a brand new Ford Escape.  

"I am honestly blown away by him. Everything he did that day is exactly who we are - heart and grit,” Mr Marklin told ABC News.  

According to reports, when he was 5-years-old, Walter and his mother lost their home in New Orleans during Hurricane Katrina.

>>> https://groovenaija360.com.ng/ceo-gifts-man-new-car-after-walking-32-kilometres-to-work-photos/
Re: CEO Gifts Man New Car After Walking 32 Kilometres To Work (Photos) by PastorandMentor(m): 12:41pm On Jul 19, 2018
Na him gay partner. Rubbish
Re: CEO Gifts Man New Car After Walking 32 Kilometres To Work (Photos) by Kingpee2(m): 12:49pm On Jul 19, 2018
In Nigeria,I’m sure this dude will definitely get sacked for not having means to come to work,they will just tell you that you ain’t capable of working in their firm ....

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Take Hands Of Kreative Machinez, Cheapest SEO Service Provider / Real Time Updates In Nigeria - https://naijacurator.com / Motion Graphics Or Animation...mobile App Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.