Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,544 members, 7,823,387 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

Cameroon Arrests Four Soldiers Suspected Of Executing Women, Children - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Cameroon Arrests Four Soldiers Suspected Of Executing Women, Children (29191 Views)

Suspected IPOB Gunmen Kill Four Soldiers In Rivers State / RRS Arrests Four Notorious Traffic Robbers In Lagos / Herdsmen Invade Southern Kaduna, Kill Women, Children (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cameroon Arrests Four Soldiers Suspected Of Executing Women, Children by Sharpbobo: 6:44pm On Jul 19, 2018
WAKABOBO.COM

Cameroon has arrested four soldiers suspected of shooting dead two women and two children in the country’s far north where its army is battling jihadist group Boko Haram, two security sources told Reuters.

A video of the incident, which went viral on Twitter since it emerged on July 13, has provoked international outcry.

Government spokesman Issa Tchiroma Bakary initially described the footage as “fake news” and said that the men in the footage, who were wearing military fatigues, did not appear to be Cameroonian soldiers.

However, he said the government would open an investigation.

“Four soldiers were arrested on Sunday. They are suspected of being the authors of the executions in the video,” said an army officer in Cameroon’s Far North region near the border with Nigeria.

A second security source said that three of the soldiers had been transferred to the capital Yaounde whilethe fourth was still being held in Maroua, the capital of the Far North.

Spokesmen for the army and the government did not respond to multiple requests for comment.

The shaky footage shows two women, one with an infant strapped to her back, being led across a patch of dusty scrubland by a group of uniformed men, who accused them of belonging to the Nigerian militant group, Boko Haram.

The women, silent throughout the ordeal, were blindfolded and told to sit down alongside their children.

Moments later, two men step back, level their rifles and fired series of shots.

Amnesty International said it had gathered credible evidence that the men in the video were indeed Cameroonian soldiers based on an analysis of their weapons, speech and uniforms.

Culled from>>>>https://wakabobo.com/cameroon-arrests-four-soldiers-suspected-of-executing-women-children/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cameroon Arrests Four Soldiers Suspected Of Executing Women, Children by adebayoggt(m): 7:39pm On Jul 19, 2018
Barbaric and inhumane...

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cameroon Arrests Four Soldiers Suspected Of Executing Women, Children by Sylver247: 7:48pm On Jul 19, 2018
And the president wants to contest for the 7th tenure.
Africa don cast.

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cameroon Arrests Four Soldiers Suspected Of Executing Women, Children by rentAcock(m): 9:27pm On Jul 19, 2018
Another shithole African nation. Africa slowly turning into the middle East.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cameroon Arrests Four Soldiers Suspected Of Executing Women, Children by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:27pm On Jul 19, 2018
Very good one...
They should face the penalty.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cameroon Arrests Four Soldiers Suspected Of Executing Women, Children by Handsomebeing(m): 9:27pm On Jul 19, 2018
Good.
Re: Cameroon Arrests Four Soldiers Suspected Of Executing Women, Children by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jul 19, 2018
Those guys are bastards

I wept after watching that video

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cameroon Arrests Four Soldiers Suspected Of Executing Women, Children by simplyOJ(m): 9:28pm On Jul 19, 2018
Most animals don't even do this to its kind. The heart of a man.......and we are supposed to be the specie with the highest sense of reasoning.

23 Likes

Re: Cameroon Arrests Four Soldiers Suspected Of Executing Women, Children by PointZerom: 9:28pm On Jul 19, 2018
Can this happen in Niger Area?

Yes if the soldiers involve are southerners.

No if the soldiers involve are Notherners.

Cc Immhotep Lzza

1 Like

Re: Cameroon Arrests Four Soldiers Suspected Of Executing Women, Children by olusledge: 9:28pm On Jul 19, 2018
jungle jungle jungle
Re: Cameroon Arrests Four Soldiers Suspected Of Executing Women, Children by famzynet: 9:29pm On Jul 19, 2018
Those soldiers are wicked.Even if the women are Boko Haram,why kill those children.

I cried for those children. They know no evil. Those men should be given slow death.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cameroon Arrests Four Soldiers Suspected Of Executing Women, Children by Beno3: 9:29pm On Jul 19, 2018
Propaganda angry
Re: Cameroon Arrests Four Soldiers Suspected Of Executing Women, Children by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:29pm On Jul 19, 2018
shocked

That's good.

Watching how they killed those women and children was an eyesore. Africa my Africa, we still have a thousand miles to go mehn

2 Likes

Re: Cameroon Arrests Four Soldiers Suspected Of Executing Women, Children by stano2(m): 9:29pm On Jul 19, 2018
They will never find peace

1 Like

Re: Cameroon Arrests Four Soldiers Suspected Of Executing Women, Children by Jacobx007: 9:32pm On Jul 19, 2018
The soldiers messed up big time, why take videos when executing them? Even when you don't shoot them, they will strap exclusives and kill innocent people, even those little kids are potential suicide bombers

2 Likes

Re: Cameroon Arrests Four Soldiers Suspected Of Executing Women, Children by Austindark(m): 9:32pm On Jul 19, 2018
I thought their military spokesman said they weren't their soldiers, even describing the guns used as a confirmation that the man are not Cameroonian soldiers.

I sorry for Africa

1 Like

Re: Cameroon Arrests Four Soldiers Suspected Of Executing Women, Children by olatade(m): 9:34pm On Jul 19, 2018
evil bastards
Re: Cameroon Arrests Four Soldiers Suspected Of Executing Women, Children by Sultty(m): 9:35pm On Jul 19, 2018
Watch d video here,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnWphqO2lbs it's graphic. Angels abeg blow d trumpet let this world end

1 Like

Re: Cameroon Arrests Four Soldiers Suspected Of Executing Women, Children by FarahAideed: 9:35pm On Jul 19, 2018
Best news of the day...I was really sad about that video the day I saw
.I hope they are made to face the same fate

Good to know the Cameroonian govt has arrested the killers so soon while Buhari is still shielding his soldiers that killed over 1000 shias as they slept

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cameroon Arrests Four Soldiers Suspected Of Executing Women, Children by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jul 19, 2018
I didn't watch the video intentionally because I wanted peace... You know sometimes when the whites throw banana to blacks or Africans, we call them racist.... But from the video you can see the full definition of monkey!!!!

11 Likes

Re: Cameroon Arrests Four Soldiers Suspected Of Executing Women, Children by Sharpshooota: 9:36pm On Jul 19, 2018
When will Buhari Fulani army arrest the herdsmen wrecking havoc in the country....
Re: Cameroon Arrests Four Soldiers Suspected Of Executing Women, Children by Mankosi: 9:38pm On Jul 19, 2018
I have not seen the video before. Any link to the video?
Re: Cameroon Arrests Four Soldiers Suspected Of Executing Women, Children by jeffoe(m): 9:40pm On Jul 19, 2018
embarassed embarassed. The women and children where led to be slaughtered. Evil everywhere
Re: Cameroon Arrests Four Soldiers Suspected Of Executing Women, Children by KraticKratus: 9:41pm On Jul 19, 2018
megrimor:
Those guys are bastards

I wept after watching that video

I laughed.
Re: Cameroon Arrests Four Soldiers Suspected Of Executing Women, Children by Minjim: 9:41pm On Jul 19, 2018
I commend the Cameroonian military for the follow-up. Even though a govt official had described it as "fake news"

We've had many cases like that here but our govt lack the balls to investigate

I cant watch the whole part of the video cos I'm highly emotional.

3 Likes

Re: Cameroon Arrests Four Soldiers Suspected Of Executing Women, Children by gaetano: 9:42pm On Jul 19, 2018
rentAcock:
Another shithole African nation. Africa slowly turning into the middle East.

You are right. The war is close to an end in the Middle East and America feeds off wars, so their attention is shifted towards Africa. They didn't build a drone base in niger Republic for nothing. They sponsor terrorism, destabilising countries while selling weapons to them to battle terrorism. Terrorism is a business Americans understand but most Africans don't know this.

2 Likes

Re: Cameroon Arrests Four Soldiers Suspected Of Executing Women, Children by Platony(m): 9:43pm On Jul 19, 2018
Oh Lord,.....Dis is too extreme,......chaiiii!!! Wetin those innocent children do dem?

cry cry
Re: Cameroon Arrests Four Soldiers Suspected Of Executing Women, Children by Platony(m): 9:43pm On Jul 19, 2018
I dnt wnt to watch it.......i will not watch it. Never!!!

Some things are better not known. cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Cameroon Arrests Four Soldiers Suspected Of Executing Women, Children by kuss: 9:45pm On Jul 19, 2018
I have not still recovered from the shock from that video
The gory images in still playing in my memory
Those little innocent children. .......
Damn

3 Likes

Re: Cameroon Arrests Four Soldiers Suspected Of Executing Women, Children by jaxxy(m): 9:45pm On Jul 19, 2018
Thanks to amnesty international if not..
Re: Cameroon Arrests Four Soldiers Suspected Of Executing Women, Children by kuss: 9:46pm On Jul 19, 2018
Mankosi:
I have not seen the video before. Any link to the video?
pray you don't see it
Couldn't watch it to the end
Very gory

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oro Community Disowns Arrested Offa Bank Robbery Suspect - See Picture / Nigerian Prostitute Who Lied About Schooling In UK Exposed By Ghana Police / Nigerian Man Detained By Italian Police For Beating Wife Throws Baby From Storey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.