Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,041 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Dr Jerome Ikewueke The Nigerian Gp Who Saw Baby P Missed'' Unique Opportunity'' - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Dr Jerome Ikewueke The Nigerian Gp Who Saw Baby P Missed'' Unique Opportunity'' (1051 Views)

My Near Death Experience With The Nigerian Police - DIARY Of A Jobless Youth / Lionel Messi Ruined Jerome Boateng's Life / Dr Jerome Ikewueke The Nigerian Gp Who Saw Baby P Missed'' Unique Opportunity'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dr Jerome Ikewueke The Nigerian Gp Who Saw Baby P Missed'' Unique Opportunity'' by babsjnr(m): 1:43pm On Jun 14, 2010
hello my nigerian peoples,The nigerian GP who saw Baby Peter missed a "unique opportunity" to send him to hospital just eight days before his death, a hearing has been told. Dr Jerome Ikwueke has appeared before the General Medical Council facing allegations of professional misconduct. While he admitted having seen Peter on numerous occasions, he disputes the claim he neglected his professional duty to look after the child. Peter Connelly died on 3 August 2007 with more than 50 injuries, These included fractured ribs and a broken back. The GMC panel was told that Dr Ikwueke last saw Peter, from north London, on 26 July. It is alleged he failed to adequately examine Peter, which might have led to the toddler being sent to hospital. The GP, who qualified in Nigeria, had been working in the UK for decades. In 2006 he had received training from the local NHS designed to make family doctors aware of child protection issues. Peter's mother Tracey Connelly had registered the family as patients with Dr Ikwueke in 2003. The GMC heard he was aware of her history of depression, and that she was struggling to cope with being a mother. In the year before his death Peter was seen more than half a dozen times by Dr Ikwueke. The hearing continues.

[color=#000099][/color]

Re: Dr Jerome Ikewueke The Nigerian Gp Who Saw Baby P Missed'' Unique Opportunity'' by candylips(m): 2:11pm On Jun 14, 2010
na wa o

(1) (Reply)

My Past Is Hunting Me / Texmex Decorations And Event Planners / For Matured Ladies Only, Please!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.