Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,150 members, 7,821,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

TAKING ADVANTAGE (mayowa Oladipo) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / TAKING ADVANTAGE (mayowa Oladipo) (369 Views)

Dark Night (episodes) by Oladipo Daniel / One Night.. By Oladeji Mayowa / "AFTER THE STORM" Prologue By Ademola Mayowa Joseph (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

TAKING ADVANTAGE (mayowa Oladipo) by StarOnEarth(m): 12:21am On Jul 20, 2018
Growing up should be so much fun because most times we dance to the rhythm of life and pay little or no attention to certain areas of our lives, like, you wouldn’t even care if your parent were rich or broke, if they could get you the cheapest candy in town you are fine, but as times goes on reality began to set in, we start to pay attention to the things we don’t have and the opportunities we think are not visible to us, excuses start to set in, excuses such as “I would have been rich by now if my dad was the governor” or “if I was given birth to in the united states, life would have been better for me” or “if I had gone to a better school I would have gotten better grades” or if I had lived in a high income earning environment I would have been a better person”. Yeah right!! All this might be true but what of does things that you have that you are not taking advantage of. When you start to feel pity for yourself about the fact that you might not have what most people have it takes your mind away from the things you have which can also be productive.
There are lot of things that we possess that we are making little or no use of, this things are what successful people understand and make use of, things like

· Time:
we have 86400 seconds deposited in our lives every day, the dead don’t have that, but the big question is what do you do with it? Do you just sit all day watching TV, browsing the internet, worrying, partying, gossiping etc.? The thing we do with this seconds would yield more product than any fact that was stated earlier, it is either a good or bad product depending on what you do with your time. A wise one once said “Time is free but it is priceless, you can’t own it but you can use it, you can’t keep it but you can spend it but once it is lost you can’t get it back”.
· Strength:
This is your physical quality of being strong and it goes along with time, the strength you had 15years ago would be different from now. So now you are strong enough to stand, enough to walk without support, enough to see without glare, enough to do a lot of thing but the big question again is what are you doing about it? Do you just play football all day, dance, exercise, Etc. this is the best time to channel your strength to do something productive because it would come to a time when your strength is gone and you look back and wished you had done the right thing at the right time.

· Intelligence:
I went for a 3 days seminar that had a lot of professionals in attendance, they were professor and they had enough experience on our field of study, at the last day of the seminar, the speaker suggested we all write a short test so he can be assure that we all got what he was saying all along, for a minute I was wondering why I would have to write a test with professor till one of them said it is totally impossible to write a test with the young ones because they would be humiliated because our brain was still young and we can assimilated faster than they could. Then I found out they were right being young means you can think beyond your wildest imagination but the question is what do you thing about every day?

· Penny:
Yes penny!! We all have that small money that comes to us without a need on it no matter how little they are, the question is do we save them? Invest them? Or lavish them? The truth is the little things we do with small money determine how successful we are, so if you are killing yourself for not having millions look back and see what you did to the thousands.

· Vision:
Being young means you have a lot of time to make plans, set goal and achieve them. A man of 70 years cannot possible have a realistic and achievable vision like a 20year old boy and this is because he has time on his side. So what do you with your vision?

Your parent might not be rich, you might not be where you are supposed to be but am sure you have this five things listed above so my question is are you taking advantage of them?

http://mayorwritings..com/2018/07/taking-advantage.html

(1) (Reply)

Any Which Way, Monday Must Come After Sunday / The Blind Lover-episode 5(the End) / FOOD IS Ready(a Short Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.