Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

Rolls Royce Goes Into Flying Taxis, To Be Ready By 2019 For Testing - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Rolls Royce Goes Into Flying Taxis, To Be Ready By 2019 For Testing (25989 Views)

List Of 9 Future Cars Set To Be Released By 2019 (Photos) / GM Plans To Mass-Produce Self-Driving Car Without Steering Wheel & Pedal By 2019 / Volvo's Parent Company,Geely,Buys Terrafugia.Promises Flying Car By 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rolls Royce Goes Into Flying Taxis, To Be Ready By 2019 For Testing by AutoReportNG: 3:02am On Jul 20, 2018
Whenever the name Rolls Royce is mentioned, it comes with class, wealth and royalty. The company seems to be diversifying into flying taxis. Remember the likes of Telsa, Uber, Airbus and some other auto firm are already in this race, so Rolls Royce has joined the bandwagon.

Rolls-Royce has revealed more details around its plans to launch a five-seater flying taxi and confirmed that a prototype vehicle will take to the skies next year.

The timeline for the launch was announced during a keynote presentation at the Farnborough Airshow, in Hampshire.

Rolls-Royce expects the taxi to be operational within the next three to five years.

The aerospace company has purportedly ploughed millions into the development of the vehicle, which has cost Rolls-Royce in the 'single-digit millions of pounds'.

The hybrid-electric vehicle will be capable of both vertical take-off and landing, bypassing the need for a runway.

Rolls-Royce says its plane will transport five passengers at speeds of up to 250mph (402 km/h) with a maximum range of 500 miles (800 km).

The Rolls-Royce presentation allowed the world-leading engineering company to divulge more details on its flying taxi concept, which it teased ahead of the keynote.

Rolls-Royce believes flying taxis will revolutionize the way people travel.

Speaking during the keynote, head of Rolls-Royce's electrical team, Rob Watson said: 'In this market, you will see something like this flying within three to five years, and we will demonstrate the system in two years.

Once it has reached the right altitude, the propellers on the wing can be folded away, reducing drag and cabin noise, with the craft relying upon the two rear propellers for thrust, Rolls-Royce claims.

Rolls-Royce says its flying taxi will be able to make use of pre-existing infrastructures, such as heliports on-top of buildings and airports.

'Building on our existing expertise in electric technologies and aviation, Rolls-Royce is actively exploring a range of possible markets and applications for electric and hybrid electric flight. Rolls-Royce has a strong track record as pioneers in aviation.

'From developing the first turbo-prop and jet engines to creating the world's most efficient large civil aero-engine and vertical take-off and landing solutions, we have a very strong pedigree.

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2018/07/rolls-royce-goes-into-flying-taxis-to.html

2 Likes

Re: Rolls Royce Goes Into Flying Taxis, To Be Ready By 2019 For Testing by AutoReportNG: 3:03am On Jul 20, 2018
This one will be for the VVIPs...

See more pictures here...

https://www.autoreportng.com/2018/07/rolls-royce-goes-into-flying-taxis-to.html

12 Likes

Re: Rolls Royce Goes Into Flying Taxis, To Be Ready By 2019 For Testing by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:45am On Jul 20, 2018
Technology is bae.
This will definitely be landing on an helipad.
We Can't wait to experience this soon!

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rolls Royce Goes Into Flying Taxis, To Be Ready By 2019 For Testing by Oceannaagent: 4:24am On Jul 20, 2018
Nice concept , love technological innovations.
Re: Rolls Royce Goes Into Flying Taxis, To Be Ready By 2019 For Testing by rozayx5(m): 7:00am On Jul 20, 2018
The arab gulf would probably order all their production

Ready markets

12 Likes

Re: Rolls Royce Goes Into Flying Taxis, To Be Ready By 2019 For Testing by minasota(f): 7:00am On Jul 20, 2018
Lagos state needs it

2 Likes

Re: Rolls Royce Goes Into Flying Taxis, To Be Ready By 2019 For Testing by lolaxavier(m): 7:00am On Jul 20, 2018
Serious minded people. Thinking aloud and ahead.

My fellow countrymen continue to pray their way to intense and aggravated stupidity with the hope that God will drop a flying taxi from the skies.

My fellow countrymen continue to kill one another daily for money rituals

My fellow countrymen continue to destroy lives and properties because of cows. Later in 2019, we will collect N1,000 and vote in Cowhari again. Remember, it's not like we are even in the top 10 meat producing countries.

My fellow countrymen sold their future for N4,000. Now tell me, have your problems vanished through this N4,000? Have you not finished spending it? OK nah. Your suffering only just begun in multiple folds.

My fellow countrymen continue to entrench themselves into unrivalled poverty by financing the lifestyle of one daddy G.O. Make una continue.

Nigerians, why are we too tired to think and act?

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Rolls Royce Goes Into Flying Taxis, To Be Ready By 2019 For Testing by Nobody: 7:02am On Jul 20, 2018
Most technology is meant for the rich: Many will see and hear of about it; some will not even know it exists; only few humans will have the opportunity to use it eventually. What we do for all humanity is the real technology. Heal the world

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Rolls Royce Goes Into Flying Taxis, To Be Ready By 2019 For Testing by igbohausayoruba: 7:02am On Jul 20, 2018
Na wa ooOoo
Re: Rolls Royce Goes Into Flying Taxis, To Be Ready By 2019 For Testing by inoki247: 7:03am On Jul 20, 2018
our Politicians will be the First Bidder am Sure...

4 Likes

Re: Rolls Royce Goes Into Flying Taxis, To Be Ready By 2019 For Testing by dynicks(m): 7:04am On Jul 20, 2018
grin
Re: Rolls Royce Goes Into Flying Taxis, To Be Ready By 2019 For Testing by wisino1(m): 7:05am On Jul 20, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Rolls Royce Goes Into Flying Taxis, To Be Ready By 2019 For Testing by EmekaBlue(m): 7:07am On Jul 20, 2018
good for lagos traffic
Re: Rolls Royce Goes Into Flying Taxis, To Be Ready By 2019 For Testing by dubilo: 7:08am On Jul 20, 2018
Distruptive thinking at work, and ask myself when will african wake up from its slumber because I posit that thesame brain these people have is what african have, we just choose not to use our's

2 Likes

Re: Rolls Royce Goes Into Flying Taxis, To Be Ready By 2019 For Testing by Reference(m): 7:12am On Jul 20, 2018
EmekaBlue:
good for lagos traffic

.....and transfer the traffic jam to the air abi.....why not just cut down in your unproductive overpopulated state.
Re: Rolls Royce Goes Into Flying Taxis, To Be Ready By 2019 For Testing by JamesIkosong(m): 7:12am On Jul 20, 2018
Don't struggle alone when there's someone to help out.

Re: Rolls Royce Goes Into Flying Taxis, To Be Ready By 2019 For Testing by Blakjewelry(m): 7:14am On Jul 20, 2018
smart coy evolve with time
Re: Rolls Royce Goes Into Flying Taxis, To Be Ready By 2019 For Testing by EmekaBlue(m): 7:15am On Jul 20, 2018
Reference:

.....and transfer the traffic jam to the air abi.....why not just cut down in your unproductive overpopulated state.
the air is big enough for everyone and i doubt if 5% of nigerians can even acquire it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rolls Royce Goes Into Flying Taxis, To Be Ready By 2019 For Testing by edonks1: 7:16am On Jul 20, 2018
Burn down Naija. Useless country. No creativity

1 Like

Re: Rolls Royce Goes Into Flying Taxis, To Be Ready By 2019 For Testing by Nobody: 7:20am On Jul 20, 2018
K
Re: Rolls Royce Goes Into Flying Taxis, To Be Ready By 2019 For Testing by Sabadon(m): 7:21am On Jul 20, 2018
see how people are innovative and we re still thinking whether to give grazing land to herdsmen,

where did we ever go wrong.

4 Likes

Re: Rolls Royce Goes Into Flying Taxis, To Be Ready By 2019 For Testing by Billygee2u: 7:21am On Jul 20, 2018
lolaxavier:
Serious minded people. Thinking aloud and ahead.

My fellow countrymen continue to pray their way to intense and aggravated stupidity with the hope that God will drop a flying taxi from the skies.

My fellow countrymen continue to kill one another daily for money rituals

My fellow countrymen continue to destroy lives and properties because of cows. Later in 2019, we will collect N1,000 and vote in Cowhari again. Remember, it's not like we are even in the top 10 meat producing countries.

My fellow countrymen sold their future for N4,000. Now tell me, have your problems vanished through this N4,000? Have you not finished spending it? OK nah. Your suffering only just begun in multiple folds.

My fellow countrymen continue to entrench themselves into unrivalled poverty by financing the lifestyle of one daddy G.O. Make una continue.

Nigerians, why are we too tired to think and act?

1 Like

Re: Rolls Royce Goes Into Flying Taxis, To Be Ready By 2019 For Testing by Reelmii: 7:27am On Jul 20, 2018
very soon na Davido will come an say he has bought one. we can cout how many nigerians can buy this and it can only be used to convey pple that can pay for the fare and not for everyone
Re: Rolls Royce Goes Into Flying Taxis, To Be Ready By 2019 For Testing by EmekusTHEgreat(m): 7:50am On Jul 20, 2018
AutoReportNG:
This one will be for the VVIPs...

You forgot one 'V'

1 Like

Re: Rolls Royce Goes Into Flying Taxis, To Be Ready By 2019 For Testing by Nathdoug(m): 7:53am On Jul 20, 2018
INNOVATIONS EVERYDAY FROM THE WESTERN WORLD
HERE IN NIGERIA WE ARE STILL THINKING OF HOW TO GIVE HERDSMEN LAND TO GRAZE ON....
BUHARI IS A PLAGUE TO THIS COUNTRY
PLEASE MY FELLOW YOUTH LETS GET RID OF THE DULLARD
YOUTHS PLEASE
ZOMBIE PLEASE REPENT...
Re: Rolls Royce Goes Into Flying Taxis, To Be Ready By 2019 For Testing by avrex3k(m): 7:55am On Jul 20, 2018
Great thinkers, All white neighbor.. smiley
Re: Rolls Royce Goes Into Flying Taxis, To Be Ready By 2019 For Testing by wizgrin(m): 8:06am On Jul 20, 2018
Have u all thought about d disadvantages using this in the nigeria economy? If no think about the kidnappers case, think about d boko haram, think about drug smugglers, most of all think about our undevelopment.
Re: Rolls Royce Goes Into Flying Taxis, To Be Ready By 2019 For Testing by Nobody: 8:11am On Jul 20, 2018
Gratefulheart1:
Most technology is meant for the rich: Many will see and hear of about it; some will not even know it exists; only few humans will have the opportunity to use it eventually. What we do for all humanity is the real technology. Heal the world

Nice....

1 Like

Re: Rolls Royce Goes Into Flying Taxis, To Be Ready By 2019 For Testing by Nobody: 8:15am On Jul 20, 2018
couragemurphy:

Nice....
You're a great man too. Only meaningful people value meaningful things.

1 Like

Re: Rolls Royce Goes Into Flying Taxis, To Be Ready By 2019 For Testing by Gracespecial101(m): 8:17am On Jul 20, 2018
rozayx5:
The arab gulf would probably order all their production

Ready markets
Those guys can buy for africa undecided undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mercedes-Benz Goes Into Trailer Production, Releases Aero Trailer Concept / This Trailer Could Just Be A Death Trap As Seen In Lagos (photo) / This Is The All-new 2019 Mercedes Benz B-class Minivan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.