Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,881 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

How Indomie Came To Nigeria - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Indomie Came To Nigeria (5283 Views)

How Much Is The Price Of Indomie Noodles In Your Area? / A Nairalander Came To My House And Did This (graphic Pics) / Where Can I Get Indomie Distributors In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Indomie Came To Nigeria by Dboy55(m): 7:57pm On Jul 21, 2018
Hey dear nairalanders I bet about 70% of you guys, tought indomie is a Nigeria food, well you guys are wrong .

Indomie is a brand of instant noodle by Indofood, the largest instant noodle manufacturer in Indonesia with 72% of market share. It is distributed in Australia, Asia, Africa, New Zealand, the United States, Canada and European and Middle Eastern countries. "Indo" stands for "Indonesia" and "mie" stands for "noodles" in the Indonesian language, therefore "Indomie" stands for "noodles from Indonesia or Indonesian noodle". Both Indomie and IndoMie can be used to describe the brand.
Indomie has come a long way since its humble beginnings in the 1970's. Our noodles are made from carefully selected ingredients, the best quality flour and fresh spices from the natural resources of Indonesia giving it a unique and delicious taste.
Indomie was first produced in the 1970's with the classic Chicken Flavoured Noodles. In 1983, Indomie Mi Goreng was introduced and has since become a favourite. Indomie is now a household brand name that everybody loves and has grown up with and has become part of their staple food. Indomie is available in 80 countries around the world including Australia, America, The Netherlands, Germany, Hong Kong, China, Dubai, Nigeria, and many more.

In 1988 Indomie was introduced in Nigeria through import, and in 1995 open its first production factory in Nigeria under Dufil Prima Foods. Dufil, a joint venture between Salim Group, the Indonesian conglomerate that owns the Indomie brand, and Tolaram Group of Singapore, struggled in its early years. It is the first instant noodles manufacturing plant in Nigeria and the largest in Africa. Indomie Instant Noodles has grown to become a household name across the country. Indomie is produced in Nigeria since 1995 where it is a popular brand and has the largest instant noodle manufacturing plant in Africa.

Since 2003, Dufil’s fortunes shifted and its revenues have increased at an average rate of almost 30 per cent a year. One reason is the heavy marketing focus. The company’s advertisements appear on buses and buildings around the country. Mothers with young children are a particular target market. One of Dufil’s popular catchlines reads: “No mama be like you, no noodles be like Indomie”.
So I hope you guys learnt something this night,
Cc; missyb3

Re: How Indomie Came To Nigeria by princecool29(m): 7:58pm On Jul 21, 2018
Ehn en

Re: How Indomie Came To Nigeria by Dboy55(m): 7:59pm On Jul 21, 2018
princecool29:
Ehn en
yes ooh,you nor no before
Re: How Indomie Came To Nigeria by princecool29(m): 9:18pm On Jul 21, 2018
Dboy55:
the op actually took time to explain the indomie concept like say na budget grin
Dboy55:
the op actually took time to explain the indomie concept like say na budget
Re: How Indomie Came To Nigeria by Betakeshi: 11:12pm On Jul 21, 2018
grin
Re: How Indomie Came To Nigeria by dubylhover(m): 9:39pm On Jul 24, 2018
Oasis007 pls could you help me with the general fpl classic league code abeg....
Re: How Indomie Came To Nigeria by Oasis007(m): 12:56am On Jul 25, 2018
dubylhover:
Oasis007 pls could you help me with the general fpl classic league code abeg....

244800-50376

Sorry I couldn't reply in time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Indomie Came To Nigeria by dubylhover(m): 8:12am On Jul 29, 2018
Oasis007:

244800-50376

Sorry I couldn't reply in time.

In case you're interested,there is a competitive fpl league where d winner takes 50k at d end of d season and 2k is given weekly to the best manager. In case you're game
Re: How Indomie Came To Nigeria by Oasis007(m): 8:39am On Jul 29, 2018
dubylhover:

In case you're interested,there is a competitive fpl league where d winner takes 50k at d end of d season and 2k is given weekly to the best manager. In case you're game

Is it free?!
Re: How Indomie Came To Nigeria by dubylhover(m): 8:56am On Jul 29, 2018
Oasis007:

Is it free?!

grin cheesy Nah..its 2k entry free... Manu in pidgin fantasy league
Re: How Indomie Came To Nigeria by Oasis007(m): 9:02am On Jul 29, 2018
dubylhover:

grin cheesy Nah..its 2k entry free... Manu in pidgin fantasy league

grin

You don pay for me ba?!
Re: How Indomie Came To Nigeria by dubylhover(m): 9:28am On Jul 29, 2018
Oasis007:

grin

You don pay for me ba?!

cheesy cheesy
Re: How Indomie Came To Nigeria by Oasis007(m): 9:33am On Jul 29, 2018
dubylhover:

cheesy cheesy

grin

Last Year was my first Experience, and I didn't perform well. I don't wanna dash away 2K just like that!

This is PMB Administration, Money must be wisely and judiciously spent.

1 Like

Re: How Indomie Came To Nigeria by isacolukay(m): 2:47pm On Jul 30, 2018
Remember my first time eating Indomie in 1995....

I was in JSS1 and my classmates have been bringing it to school and the thing dey enter my eyes. My mama no gree buy am, saying it looked like earthworms. Na so I go meet auntie Nafi opposite our house to collect 2 on credit. Then it was #7.50 each.

I come prepare am, carry am going school, I felt like a king that day. After I don chop am, to pay money turn to World Cup. My hustle of to conobi change that year no gree pay for over a month. Auntie Nafi dey there dey hold me, I no fit pay.

Na so she go report me to my mama o. Come see beating that day....

But since then, mum used to buy us Indomie sha.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Instant Nigerian Food / Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) / How Can One Make Yoghurt?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.