Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,149 members, 7,815,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

What Is Faith, Part 5 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Faith, Part 5 (261 Views)

What Is Faith / How Is Faith Chosen????? / What Is Faith Really? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is Faith, Part 5 by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 8:09pm On Jul 21, 2018
What Is Faith, Part 5

It Is A "Handlable Force"

"Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked." Ephesians 6:16

Faith is a "Takable" substance. It is not a psychological thing. Hebrews 11:1 tells us:
"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Faith is a handlable force, which you can't handle without knowing. Once it is taken, the taker becomes conscious of the fact that, "This is faith."

Most of the time, what we call faith is nothing but mental assent. You hear people make such comments as "Oh yes, I know. It's in the Bible. It must be true!"

They agree with the Word, but are not united practically with it.

You can't have faith without knowing. You live under its powerful, productive influence when it is actually there.

Faith will control and affect the whole of you, in line with what you believe.

Faith is not an ideology. It's a living substance. You can handle it. You can't take hold of it without knowing it.

When it comes, it is a substance that you will be conscious of.

Outside of faith, Christianity has nothing to show!

All the good reports contained in the hall of faith in Hebrews 11, are direct products of faith in action.

Results that cannot be denied are what make Christianity colourful. Outside faith, Christianity is colourless!

Exploits Of Faith, David Oyedepo

You must accept Jesus to walk in this reality

Prayer for Salvation and Baptism in the Holy Spirit

Heavenly Father, I come to You in the Name of Jesus. Your Word says, "...whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Acts 2:21).

I am calling on You. I pray and ask Jesus to come into my heart and be Lord over my life according to Romans 10:9-10.

"If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." I do that now.

I confess that Jesus is Lord, and I believe in my heart that God raised Him from the dead.

I am now reborn! I am a Christian—a child of Almighty God! I am saved!

You also said in Your Word, "If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: HOW MUCH MORE shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?" (Luke 11:13).

I'm also asking You to fill me with the Holy Spirit. Holy Spirit, rise up within me as I praise God. I fully expect to speak with other tongues as You give me the utterance (Acts 2:4).

(Begin to praise God for filling you with the Holy Spirit. Speak those words and syllables you receive—not in your own language, but the language given to you by the Holy Spirit. You have to use your own voice. God will not force you to speak.)

Now you are a Spirit-filled believer. Continue with the blessing God has given you and pray in tongues each day. You'll never be the same!

Please share❤

We Are The Liberation Army, Reloaded!

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Is Lord / The Incredible Power Of The Olive Oil, / Esso Club Applauds Prestige Club Governor's Revamp Drive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.