Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

How To See The Kingdom Of The Heaven. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To See The Kingdom Of The Heaven. (768 Views)

The Heaven And Hell Is It The Gospel To Preach? / Will The Heaven And The Earth Be Destroyed? / GO WELLNESS RESORT: The Heaven For Your Fun And Wellness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To See The Kingdom Of The Heaven. by Maximus85(m): 9:35am On Jul 22, 2018
This was the question Nicodemus asked Jesu Christ. And he said, you must be born again. That is what we all know. But what does it mean to be born again?

If we examine the response Jesus gave to Nicodemus, we will realize that "Confess your sins and accept Jesus as your personal lord and savior" can never be what being born again is.

John 3:5 Jesus answered: “Most truly I say to you, unless anyone is born from water and spirit, he cannot enter into the Kingdom of God.

Born from water is baptism by water which comes after confession of sin and accepting Jesus as one's personal lord and savior.

Baptism by Holy Spirit is special. It's different. You can't demand for it. No man can give it to you. Only Jesus in collaboration with his father can choose those to be baptized with holy spirit. In Pentecost 33 CE, in that upper room. Those that have the spirit appear on their head in form of tongues of fire where reborn or baptized with the spirit. They didn't ask for it but they were chosen. They weren't the only disciples of Jesus around but they were selected.

The Bible also showed us the reward for those reborn or baptized only by water and those reborn or baptized by both water and spirit.

Good morning friends.

2 Likes

Re: How To See The Kingdom Of The Heaven. by tballeyy(m): 9:58am On Jul 22, 2018
by be a member of the Nigeria Senate
Re: How To See The Kingdom Of The Heaven. by paxonel(m): 11:10am On Jul 22, 2018
Maximus85:

Born from water is baptism by water which comes after confession of sin and accepting Jesus as one's personal lord and savior.
very wrong!
Being born of water refers to the ministry of John the Baptist

Born again was never christianity so it shouldn't be a thing for today Christians.

Christian baptism was different from baptism of John the Baptist.

Baptism of John the baptist was the actual born again jesus refers to in John3:5

but christian baptism was any baptism done to prospect believers after the death and resurrection of christ. act 19:3-5

Take note of the timing, they are different

Born again was the days of john the Baptist, remember John the Baptist was killed before the crucifixion of jesus.

If you have your brain think and understand from there, don't go and pass wrong info
Re: How To See The Kingdom Of The Heaven. by MuttleyLaff: 12:17pm On Jul 22, 2018
Maximus85:
This was the question Nicodemus asked Jesu Christ. And he said, you must be born again. That is what we all know. But what does it mean to be born again?

If we examine the response Jesus gave to Nicodemus, we will realize that "Confess your sins and accept Jesus as your personal lord and savior" can never be what being born again is.

John 3:5 Jesus answered: “Most truly I say to you, unless anyone is born from water and spirit, he cannot enter into the Kingdom of God.

Baptism by Holy Spirit is special. It's different. You can't demand for it. No man can give it to you. Only Jesus in collaboration with his father can choose those to be baptized with holy spirit. In Pentecost 33 CE, in that upper room. Those that have the spirit appear on their head in form of tongues of fire where reborn or baptized with the spirit. They didn't ask for it but they were chosen. They weren't the only disciples of Jesus around but they were selected.

The Bible also showed us the reward for those reborn or baptized only by water and those reborn or baptized by both water and spirit.

Good morning friends.

paxonel:
very wrong!

Born again was never christianity so it shouldn't be a thing for today Christians.

Baptism of John the baptist was the actual born again jesus refers to in John3:5
but christian baptism was any baptism done to prospect believers after the death and resurrection of christ

Born again was the days of john the Baptist, remember John the Baptist was killed before the crucifixion of jesus.

If you have your brain think and understand from there, don't go and pass wrong info
After dark one evening, he came to speak with Jesus.
"Rabbi," he said,
"we all know that God has sent you to teach us.
Your miraculous signs are evidence that God is with you."

- John 3:2

Maximus85, do you believe it is possible to see the Kingdom though without entering the Kingdom
You can hear of, see afar, see on TV, read/see on social media like Instagram, Youtube, Facebook,
read on the internet about the power and mightiness of United States of America
but no one can enter the United States of America except they meet all of the requirements

People see America, people watch America
but to enter America, to set foot on American soil in America, requires certain criteria being met

Maximus85, please study John 3:1-5 first before answering the above question, by slowing reading but reading it out loud
Hope you notice, how Nicodemus instigated Jesus, getting switching the gear on Nicodemus
Jesus in responding to Nicodemus' admitted observation(s) in John 3:2,
decided to, up the ante, from ''see'' in John 3:2-3 to ''enter'' in John 3:5 after Nicodemus brought in the issue of re-entering a mother's womb in John 3:4

About the issue of "born again",
Jesus said to Nicodemus, it takes one having a spirit renewal or spirit re-birth, to see and recognise the kingdom of God

He said, except born from above (i.e. "born again''), one cant see, cant accept the truth of nor admit the existence of the kingdom of God

Meaning, if one isnt born from above (i.e. "born again''),
then such one, will rubbish, ridicule, make fun of, poke fun at, make jokes about, scoff at, be sarcastic about the things of the kingdom of God and kingdom itself
Re: How To See The Kingdom Of The Heaven. by Maximus85(m): 1:36pm On Jul 23, 2018
paxonel:
very wrong!
Being born of water refers to the ministry of John the Baptist KINDLY SHOW US FROM THE BIBLE

but christian baptism was any baptism done to prospect believers after the death and resurrection of christ. act 19:3-5

You had to throw an insult to make your point. I don't blame you. You've only shown where you're coming from and where you belong.

John's Baptism was for the confession of sin. My Bible tells me about three baptisms. By Water, Spirit and Fire. I don't know what Christian baptism is sir.

I was angry cos of you insult. I had to calm down so that I can read your comment with a straight mind. But you didn't pass anything right. Pls don't insult me again.
Re: How To See The Kingdom Of The Heaven. by DrholuwaTOBI(m): 1:57pm On Jul 23, 2018
John 3:5

Born of Water and the Spirit.

in the original context the Greek word of AND is KAI

Which can serve as a conjuction but in this context it's Born of water That's the Spirit.

Example is;

Rev 12:11

And moreover the Kingdom of God is not a location, It's a person Jesus.
Re: How To See The Kingdom Of The Heaven. by paxonel(m): 5:50pm On Jul 25, 2018
Maximus85:

You had to throw an insult to make your point.
where is the insult, kindly indicate please.

I don't blame you. You've only shown where you're coming from and where you belong.
I will not respond to this

John's Baptism was for the confession of sin.
very true

My Bible tells me about three baptisms. By Water, Spirit and Fire. I don't know what Christian baptism is sir.
whether it is fire or water or spirit what i meant by christian baptism is any baptism done to believers after the resurrection of christ and not before.
Do you realize that there was nothing like christianity on earth until christ resurrected?
That simply means John did not baptize people into christianity

I was angry cos of you insult. I had to calm down so that I can read your comment with a straight mind. But you didn't pass anything right. Pls don't insult me again.
check my comment again i did not insult but only making sensitive corrections.
But whether you take it or not it really do not matter, so don't be angry
Re: How To See The Kingdom Of The Heaven. by Maximus85(m): 7:47pm On Jul 25, 2018
paxonel:
very wrong!

If you have your brain
think and understand from there, don't go and pass wrong info

The bolded is a complement where you come from, I guess.
Re: How To See The Kingdom Of The Heaven. by Maximus85(m): 7:49pm On Jul 25, 2018
paxonel:
where is the insult, kindly indicate please.
I will not respond to this
very true
whether it is fire or water or spirit what i meant by christian baptism is any baptism done to believers after the resurrection of christ and not before.
Do you realize that there was nothing like christianity on earth until christ resurrected?
That simply means John did not baptize people into christianity
check my comment again i did not insult but only making sensitive corrections.
But whether you take it or not it really do not matter, so don't be angry

First, how many disciples does Jesus had when he was here on earth?
Re: How To See The Kingdom Of The Heaven. by paxonel(m): 8:59pm On Jul 25, 2018
Maximus85:

First, how many disciples does Jesus had when he was here on earth?
they were over 5000 of them
Re: How To See The Kingdom Of The Heaven. by paxonel(m): 9:01pm On Jul 25, 2018
Maximus85:

The bolded is a complement where you come from, I guess.
it was not a complement or an insult either,
It was geared to encourage you to think or meditate while reading

1 Like

Re: How To See The Kingdom Of The Heaven. by Maximus85(m): 10:16pm On Jul 25, 2018
paxonel:
they were over 5000 of them

How many did he call to the last super and why?
Re: How To See The Kingdom Of The Heaven. by paxonel(m): 6:21am On Jul 26, 2018
Maximus85:

How many did he call to the last super and why?
Because they were the selected apostles, not just disciples

1 Like

Re: How To See The Kingdom Of The Heaven. by Maximus85(m): 7:55am On Jul 26, 2018
paxonel:
Because they were the selected apostles, not just disciples

I'm glad you know this. You just said they were SELECTED. They didn't decide on their own to be selected. Good. So, what was the significance of the last super Jesus Christ had with them and why didn't Jesus had it with all of his disciples?
Re: How To See The Kingdom Of The Heaven. by paxonel(m): 10:34am On Jul 26, 2018
Maximus85:

I'm glad you know this. You just said they were SELECTED. They didn't decide on their own to be selected. Good. So, what was the significance of the last super Jesus Christ had with them and why didn't Jesus had it with all of his disciples?
I don't know,
Now you tell me the significance of why only twelve were selected for the passover, I'm learning.

But whatever answer you are giving it will never dispute the fact that there was nothing like christianity on earth as at that time of the passover. And that christianity as a religion or faith only came up after Jesus resurrected.
Re: How To See The Kingdom Of The Heaven. by Maximus85(m): 11:12am On Jul 26, 2018
paxonel:
I don't know,
Now you tell me the significance of why only twelve were selected for the passover, I'm learning.

But whatever answer you are giving it will never dispute the fact that there was nothing like christianity on earth as at that time of the passover. And that christianity as a religion or faith only came up after Jesus resurrected. The whole world know this
Re: How To See The Kingdom Of The Heaven. by Maximus85(m): 11:28am On Jul 26, 2018
paxonel:
I don't know,

But whatever answer you are giving it will never dispute the fact that there was nothing like christianity on earth as at that time of the passover. And that christianity as a religion or faith only came up after Jesus resurrected.

After the Lord's evening meal, Jesus told them what the meal stood for.

Luke 22:28-30
However, you are the ones who have stuck with me+ in my trials; 29 and I make a covenant with you, just as my Father has made a covenant with me, for a kingdom, 30 so that you may eat and drink at my table in my Kingdom, and sit on thrones+ to judge the 12 tribes of Israel.

Did you noticed that he selected the 12? He also made a covenant with them for a kingdom just like his father did with him. And their job with him in heaven is to rule over the 12 tribe of Judah (the earth)

Was he talking to his disciples in general or the selected few? Note that Jesus once refer to the selected as little flock and the rest he called other sheep.

Any question before we proceed?
Re: How To See The Kingdom Of The Heaven. by paxonel(m): 4:08pm On Jul 26, 2018
Maximus85:

After the Lord's evening meal, Jesus told them what the meal stood for.

Luke 22:28-30
However, you are the ones who have stuck with me+ in my trials; 29 and I make a covenant with you, just as my Father has made a covenant with me, for a kingdom, 30 so that you may eat and drink at my table in my Kingdom, and sit on thrones+ to judge the 12 tribes of Israel.

Did you noticed that he selected the 12? He also made a covenant with them for a kingdom just like his father did with him. And their job with him in heaven is to rule over the 12 tribe of Judah (the earth)

Was he talking to his disciples in general or the selected few? Note that Jesus once refer to the selected as little flock and the rest he called other sheep.

Any question before we proceed?
are you saying that only twelve were selected for the kingdom?
Re: How To See The Kingdom Of The Heaven. by Maximus85(m): 10:04pm On Jul 26, 2018
paxonel:

Let's me explain it better.

But first,
Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. 10 Thy kingdom come Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

That kingdom is coming from where?
Re: How To See The Kingdom Of The Heaven. by paxonel(m): 6:17am On Jul 27, 2018
Maximus85:

But first,
Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. 10 Thy kingdom come Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

we all know that the kingdom is already here with us it is not something that is expected to come again, though it was expected to come at the era before Jesus crucifixion and resurrection.
But after Jesus died and resurrected the kingdom was freely given to as many people that believe at that point.

And as many of us that have received the kingdom he has freely given it to us and we have been translated into the kingdom already. Col 1:13

Not some few twelve people
Re: How To See The Kingdom Of The Heaven. by MuttleyLaff: 6:25am On Jul 27, 2018
paxonel:

Maximus85:

But first,

Maximus85, answer these:
1/ Do you believe it is possible to see the Kingdom though without entering into the Kingdom?

2/ Do you understand that you can hear of, see afar, see on TV, read/see on social media like Instagram, Youtube, Facebook,
read on the internet about the power and mightiness of the kingdom
but no one can enter into the kingdom except they meet all of the requirements?

3/ Do you understand that people can see the demonstration of the power of the kingdom,
people watch the demonstration of the power of the kingdom
but to enter into the kingdom, to set foot on and into the kingdom, requires different and certain criteria being met

4/ What did Jesus say, is needed for anyone to see (i.e. to acknowledge, to perceive, to recognise, to accept, to not deny etcetera)
the demonstration of the power & might of the kingdom, going around healing etcetera or about doing wonders for all to see?

5/ Now what did Jesus say, is needed, as a qualification, for someone, to enter into the kingdom, to set foot on and into the kingdom?
Re: How To See The Kingdom Of The Heaven. by paxonel(m): 6:39am On Jul 27, 2018

5/ Now what did Jesus say, is needed, as a qualification, for someone, to enter into the kingdom, to set foot on and into the kingdom?
just believe in him that's all. John 3:16

Just believe in him the kingdom already right here with you, you don't need to do anything else.

You are a christian that means you already believe, you have the kingdom already.

The kingdom is christianity.

Just go about live your life freely, that's all.
Re: How To See The Kingdom Of The Heaven. by MuttleyLaff: 6:52am On Jul 27, 2018
paxonel:
just believe in him that's all. John 3:16

Just believe in him the kingdom already right here with you, you don't need to do anything else.

You are a christian that means you already believe, you have the kingdom already.

The kingdom is christianity.

Just go about live your life freely, that's all.
Maximus85 & paxonel, I realised after posting that I havent asked that question clearly, properly and effectively enough
so I need to re-ask and reask in a direct, different and more refined way

5/ Now what are the two conditions, Jesus' exact words, concerning what is required for someone, to enter into the kingdom, to set foot on and into the kingdom?
He said that, no one, without these two conditions, can enter into the kingdom, to set foot on and into the kingdom.

We arent talking about enjoying the benefits of the kingdom, not about seeing the benefits of the kingdom, not about appreciating the benefits of the kingdom, not about acknowledging the benefits of the kingdom
but talking about physical enter/entry into kingdom.

It even isnt the false doctrine it's being built up to be,
but is a fact, reality and truth that, except one is biologically born of human being (i.e. born of water)
and spiritually born of God (i.e. born again, as in born from above, born of the Spirit) you cannot enter the kingdom

To see the kingdom you need to be born again, as in born from above, born of the Spirit
but to enter the kingdom, unless you are born of water and born again, as in born from above, born of the Spirit, it is not going to happen

If not for Nicodemus, Jesus didnt even have to mention this.
Jesus was even baffled at Nicodemus
He told him off for being a teacher of Israel and not knowing such a basic and obvious thing like this

That one event, dead in the night, mention of born of water and born again, had and has nothing to do with water baptism
Re: How To See The Kingdom Of The Heaven. by Maximus85(m): 1:24pm On Jul 27, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Maximus85 & paxonel, I realised after posting that I havent asked that question clearly, properly and effectively enough
so I need to re-ask and reask in a direct, different and more refined way

5/ Now what are the two conditions, Jesus' exact words, concerning what is required for someone, to enter into the kingdom, to set foot on and into the kingdom?

Just one question for you. What is the significance of water baptism? In a spiritual sense, what happens when one is baptized in water? Please back your answer up with the scripture.

Best Regards
He said that, no one, without these two conditions, can enter into the kingdom, to set foot on and into the kingdom.

We arent talking about enjoying the benefits of the kingdom, not about seeing the benefits of the kingdom, not about appreciating the benefits of the kingdom, not about acknowledging the benefits of the kingdom
but talking about physical enter/entry into kingdom.

It even isnt the false doctrine it's being built up to be,
but is a fact, reality and truth that, except one is biologically born of human being (i.e. born of water)
and spiritually born of God (i.e. born again, as in born from above, born of the Spirit) you cannot enter the kingdom

To see the kingdom you need to be born again, as in born from above, born of the Spirit
but to enter the kingdom, unless you are born of water and born again, as in born from above, born of the Spirit, it is not going to happen

If not for Nicodemus, Jesus didnt even have to mention this.
Jesus was even baffled at Nicodemus
He told him off for being a teacher of Israel and not knowing such a basic and obvious thing like this

That one event, dead in the night, mention of born of water and born again, had and has nothing to do with water baptism
Re: How To See The Kingdom Of The Heaven. by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:45pm On Oct 25, 2020
I'm MaxInDHouse in a congregation in Lagos.
You're welcome to NL my brother, don't worry over the attitude of Churchgoers on Nairaland. Jesus asked us to make the presentation and if a sheep of Jehovah listens to your presentation he or she will be touched by the sword of Spirit! Hebrew 4:11
Formerly i bear "Maximus69" but i changed my profile and mail to prevent some from disturbing me.
Once again you're welcome my brother! smiley
Maximus85:

But first,

(1) (Reply)

The Problem With Being A Moderate Christian or Muslim. / What Is Worldly Music? / Pastor George Oyoke [one Saved Is Forever Saved] Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.