Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,926 members, 7,817,715 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

Pls Is It Possible To Change The Processor Of A Laptop - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Pls Is It Possible To Change The Processor Of A Laptop (740 Views)

I Need Core I5 Processor Of This Laptop: Probook 4530s / Urgent!:pls Is 3C Hub Scam? / I need a laptop repair store in Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Is It Possible To Change The Processor Of A Laptop by kachi10000(m): 2:43pm On Jul 22, 2018
I have this laptop.. hp envy 15 j151sa with amd A10 5750 and 2gb dedicated Vram.. the laptop had a mother board issue and after trying to change the motherboard i was finally adviced to change the processor and the offered to give me a core i7 3770 with 1gb Vram.. is it possible for a laptop to undergo such nd is the new processor and Vram an upgrade or downgrade for my system...

Pls i need help... no bashing. Am not feeling fine
Re: Pls Is It Possible To Change The Processor Of A Laptop by unicmarket: 3:05pm On Jul 22, 2018
I don’t think so boss, but this should be possible with the manufacturers, but I think it’s better you sell off the Lappy then replace with what you prefer, instead of wasting time and probably wasting money on a seemingly failed project.
Re: Pls Is It Possible To Change The Processor Of A Laptop by ajides4422(m): 5:08pm On Jul 22, 2018
yes ur can change processor
Re: Pls Is It Possible To Change The Processor Of A Laptop by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jul 22, 2018
There are 3 types. One can be changed, the other can't. One is 'fixed', the other type is clamped and easily removable.
Re: Pls Is It Possible To Change The Processor Of A Laptop by kachi10000(m): 6:13pm On Jul 22, 2018
Lucid1:
There are 3 types. One can be changed, the other can't. One is 'fixed', the other type is clamped and easily removable.

Is it guranteed to work like a normal laptop
Re: Pls Is It Possible To Change The Processor Of A Laptop by kachi10000(m): 6:16pm On Jul 22, 2018
ajides4422:
yes ur can change processor

Ok thank u... do u think the intel processor with the Vram is an upgrade or downgrade over the amd own
Re: Pls Is It Possible To Change The Processor Of A Laptop by d33types: 6:47pm On Jul 22, 2018
Most Intel's can be changed depending on the laptop manufacturer while AMD's aren't usually changeable on laptop.

For example Dell XPS processors are soldered to the board.

Back to question, you cannot upgrade AMD APU processors like yours. Your AMD doesn't have a dedicated graphics like you think. It's still a shared graphics but a good one.

Google for APU graphics
Re: Pls Is It Possible To Change The Processor Of A Laptop by calddon(m): 6:55pm On Jul 22, 2018
Even if the processor is detachable you probably cant put an intel chip on it. The physical architecture of that particular board is designed to handle AMD processor chips. If the board is fried good then your best bet is to get a new board, intel if the case fits.

Most APUs are low-cost systems thus their processor chips are physically soldered to the board.

Most Dell XPS system have their chips inserted to a socket rather than soldered to the board. Dell XPS, Asus ROGs, Alienwares, Legions, etc are laptops targeted at powerGamers and thus feature expandability in their design, some even have options of adding more physical RAM stick to expand the Vram.

The idea of soldering processors to board is to save cos and space.

(1) (Reply)

Used Iphone 7 100k Location Awka / SOLD!! Price Reduced!! #Clean #Faultless #Factory unlocked 64gb Iphone 6 SOLD! / How Can We Find The Right Software Development Company?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.