Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,822 members, 7,820,886 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist (2629 Views)

I'm An Atheist That Thinks That Premarital Sex Is Wrong. Is This Unusual? / An Atheist On Judgment Day / As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by McCoy662(m): 12:41am On Jul 23, 2018
For quite some time now, I have been battling with my faith as a Christian. I have a lot of unanswered questions about Christianity: does God really exist?? is He really a good God is He really all knowing is he really all powerful.

well, I don't want to trend though so religious fanatics should stay away. but if u have any reasonable explanation whatsoever, I am willing to take it up. it not easy to lose my life long faith.

[b]For quite some time now, I have been battling with my faith as a Christian. I have a lot of unanswered questions about Christianity: does God really exist?? is He really a good God is He really all knowing is he really all powerful.

well, I don't want to trend though so religious fanatics should stay away. but if u have any reasonable explanation whatsoever, I am willing to take it up. it not easy to lose my life long faith.

[/b]For quite some time now, I have been battling with my faith as a Christian. I have a lot of unanswered questions about Christianity: does God really exist?? is He really a good God is He really all knowing is he really all powerful.

The creation.

the Bible said that God created the universe and everything in it. God created Adam, and he was in perfect harmony with God until he was tricked into eating the forbidden fruit. if we read the Bible carefully, the good news version made it clear that God told Adam not to eat the forbidden fruit before Eve was made and Eve was the one deceived by the devil.

first of all, Eve wasn't really aware of the instruction. secondly, why was the devil allowed to tempt man when God knows fully well how susceptible we are to temptations. or was the fall of man in the plan of the "good God" right from creation??

since the devil was not tempted by anyone when he sinned against God, then I think if any man should get the same punishment as the devil, he should be allowed to voluntrilly sin.

Again, Christianity was brought to us by the whites not quite long ago. now my question is why did we know nothing about this our creator until the white men brought the message to us. hitherto the arrival of the missionaries, we knew nothing about this very God. then I would ask why would someone forget everything about his creator since we are all the descendants of Adam. so we aught to know at least by folk tales that we have a God so supreme, so powerful, the maker of the universe but no, we knew nothing about him.

for such a supreme being noto be known, he must have been inactive contrary to the belief that he is caring and always with us.

to be continued...

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:45am On Jul 23, 2018
being an atheist is the beginning of wisdom... and the necessary state of mind to live a fulfilling happy rewarding life!

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by gabe: 1:01am On Jul 23, 2018
first off, the story of Adam and Eve was told to make sense of the origin of mankind by the Jewish priests who wrote the Talmud, which is mostly the OT as we know it. Bible scholars agree most of the OT was written during the Babylonian exile by Jewish priests trying to explain the origin of their nation to their people through their religious training and experiences. Today we know evolution is responsible for the origin of our species.

6 Likes

Re: Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:10am On Jul 23, 2018
JESUS IS LORD FOREVER AND EVER.

GOD WILL ALWAYS BE GOD.

5 Likes

Re: Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by Greene66: 5:23am On Jul 23, 2018
Lol man...

I'm not religious neither I'm i an atheist

God really exists man.. Believe me.

4 Likes

Re: Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by Amberon11: 6:00am On Jul 23, 2018
Who told you Eve was never instructed about the forbidden fruit.

Why are you adding and subtracting to the Bible? Can you show us the verse that states that Eve was totally oblivious of the instruction?
Re: Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by hopefulLandlord: 6:02am On Jul 23, 2018
Amberon11:
Who told you Eve was never instructed about the forbidden fruit.

Why are you adding and subtracting to the Bible? Can you show us the verse that states that Eve was totally oblivious of the instruction?
Why not show him the verse of Yahweh telling Eve of the instruction instead?

BTW which one of the two creation stories in the book of genesis 1 and 2 are correct?

Let me help you with the two orders in case you don't read your Bible like most Christians, here: http://www.leighb.com/genesis.htm

4 Likes

Re: Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by Amberon11: 6:14am On Jul 23, 2018
Genesis 3: 2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
Genesis 3: 3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

Its funny how people who were never grounded in the word of God come here to write rubbish about the Bible and questions if God truly exists. Well thank God Christianity is not Islam, you can leave the faith anytime you like, Jesus remains Lord.

hopefulLandlord:

4 Likes

Re: Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by Amberon11: 6:22am On Jul 23, 2018
I foolishly replied you thinking you were sane now not knowing you're the same rebellious scheming old you.

There is only one creation story and I'm not about to read your links. Keep reading the Bible you do dey alright las las.
hopefulLandlord:

BTW which one of the two creation stories in the book of genesis 1 and 2 are correct?

Let me help you with the two orders in case you don't read your Bible like most Christians, here: http://www.leighb.com/genesis.htm

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by hopefulLandlord: 6:26am On Jul 23, 2018
Amberon11:
I foolishly replied you thinking you were sane now not knowing you're the same rebellious scheming old you.

There is only one creation story and I'm not about to read your links. Keep reading the Bible you do dey alright las las.

Bury your head in the sand, its a tactic that's never failed religious people

5 Likes

Re: Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by hopefulLandlord: 6:28am On Jul 23, 2018
Amberon11:
Genesis 3: 2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
Genesis 3: 3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

Its funny how people who were never grounded in the word of God come here to write rubbish about the Bible and questions if God truly exists. Well thank God Christianity is not Islam, you can leave the faith anytime you like, Jesus remains Lord.

I knew eve was aware according to the mythology and OP was wrong about eve not being aware but this is what you should've said in the first place grin
Re: Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by hopefulLandlord: 6:30am On Jul 23, 2018
Greene66:
Lol man...

I'm not religious neither I'm i an atheist

God really exists man.. Believe me.

This is fine and dandy but why should we believe you?

I mean what's the difference between your last sentence and a Muslim saying "allah really exists man and Mohammed is his prophet.. Believe me."?
Re: Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by hopefulLandlord: 6:51am On Jul 23, 2018
McCoy662, How does Christianity being bullsheet make you an atheist? you could chose deism, pantheism and many other isms

1 Like

Re: Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by Robynwelo1(f): 7:02am On Jul 23, 2018
This is the beginning of your conversion, the sooner, the better. Very soon you will see that the bible is a load of crap, keep reading.

4 Likes

Re: Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by Gggg102(m): 7:07am On Jul 23, 2018
eve was aware...
Re: Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by Nobody: 7:12am On Jul 23, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
McCoy662, How does Christianity being bullsheet make you an atheist? you could chose deism, pantheism and many other isms

On behalf of all Deist,(even though we all don’t meet)

We refuse the acceptance of McCoy662 to practice deism, he is definitely not needed on this end.

He could choose pantheism, Nihilism and any other ism.

cheesy
Re: Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by Amberon11: 7:43am On Jul 23, 2018
You can bury your own head in shame.
Jobless mofo always trolling Christians and hating an "inexistent" God.

The joke is on you.
hopefulLandlord:

Bury your head in the sand, its a tactic that's never failed religious people

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by Amberon11: 7:48am On Jul 23, 2018
You obviously didn't know it was stated in the Bible and thought you could win that argument.

Yeah, the "mythology" that gives you nightmares and makes you lose sleep.
hopefulLandlord:

I knew eve was aware according to the mythology and OP was wrong about eve not being aware but this is what you should've said in the first place grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by hopefulLandlord: 7:51am On Jul 23, 2018
Amberon11:
You obviously didn't know it was stated in the Bible and thought you could win that argument.

Yeah, the "mythology" that gives you nightmares and makes you lose sleep.

Keep telling yourself that wink
Re: Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by hopefulLandlord: 8:22am On Jul 23, 2018
PRESENTATION:

On behalf of all Deist,(even though we all don’t meet)

We refuse the acceptance of McCoy662 to practice deism, he is definitely not needed on this end.

He could choose pantheism, Nihilism and any other ism.

cheesy

I never knew you're a deist
Re: Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by McCoy662(m): 8:27am On Jul 23, 2018
Amberon11:

Genesis 2:15
 Then the Lord God placed the man in the Garden of Eden to cultivate it and guard it. 16 He told him, “You may eat the fruit of any tree in the garden, 17 except the tree that gives knowledge of what is good and what is bad.

Genesis 2:21
Then the Lord God made the man fall into a deep sleep, and while he was sleeping, he took out one of the man's ribs and closed up the flesh. 22 He formed a woman out of the rib and brought her to him. 23 Then the man said,

“At last, here is one of my own kind—
Bone taken from my bone, and flesh from my flesh.
‘Woman’ is her name because she was taken out of man.”

then tell me which comes first?
Re: Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by Amberon11: 9:08am On Jul 23, 2018
What exactly is your point?

You said and I quote "Eve wasn't really aware of the instruction" and I countered that statement by showing a verse were Eve stated clearly that she was well aware of the instruction.

I ask again what exactly is your point?
McCoy662:

Genesis 2:15
 Then the Lord God placed the man in the Garden of Eden to cultivate it and guard it. 16 He told him, “You may eat the fruit of any tree in the garden, 17 except the tree that gives knowledge of what is good and what is bad.

Genesis 2:21
Then the Lord God made the man fall into a deep sleep, and while he was sleeping, he took out one of the man's ribs and closed up the flesh. 22 He formed a woman out of the rib and brought her to him. 23 Then the man said,

“At last, here is one of my own kind—
Bone taken from my bone, and flesh from my flesh.
‘Woman’ is her name because she was taken out of man.”

then tell me which comes first?

1 Like

Re: Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by Shelumiel: 9:30am On Jul 23, 2018
McCoy662:
For quite some time now, I have been battling with my faith as a Christian. I have a lot of unanswered questions about Christianity: does God really exist?? is He really a good God is He really all knowing is he really all powerful.

[b]For quite some time now, I have been battling with my faith as a Christian. I have a lot of unanswered questions about Christianity: does God really exist?? is He really a good God is He really all knowing is he really all powerful.

[/b]For quite some time now, I have been battling with my faith as a Christian. I have a lot of unanswered questions about Christianity: does God really exist?? is He really a good God is He really all knowing is he really all powerful.

The creation.

the Bible said that God created the universe and everything in it. God created Adam, and he was in perfect harmony with God until he was tricked into eating the forbidden fruit. if we read the Bible carefully, the good news version made it clear that God told Adam not to eat the forbidden fruit before Eve was made and Eve was the one deceived by the devil.

first of all, Eve wasn't really aware of the instruction. secondly, why was the devil allowed to tempt man when God knows fully well how susceptible we are to temptations. or was the fall of man in the plan of the "good God" right from creation??

since the devil was not tempted by anyone when he sinned against God, then I think if any man should get the same punishment as the devil, he should be allowed to voluntrilly sin.

Again, Christianity was brought to us by the whites not quite long ago. now my question is why did we know nothing about this our creator until the white men brought the message to us. hitherto the arrival of the missionaries, we knew nothing about this very God. then I would ask why would someone forget everything about his creator since we are all the descendants of Adam. so we aught to know at least by folk tales that we have a God so supreme, so powerful, the maker of the universe but no, we knew nothing about him.

for such a supreme being noto be known, he must have been inactive contrary to the belief that he is caring and always with us.

to be continued...
My Brother , our life here will come to an end one day ;this something the Christian, Muslim and the atheist acknowledge. And what lies after that ,we do not know. So here is my advice : hold unto the words of the Bible; just take it for what it is (this is called faith ) . If in the end , it turns out that the Bible and the information in it was wrong , you have nothing to loose . But if it turns out to be true , then you would have saved yourself from something far worse than unbelief Shalom .

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by OtemAtum: 9:50am On Jul 23, 2018
Shelumiel:
My Brother , our life here will come to an end one day ;this something the Christian, Muslim and the atheist acknowledge. And what lies after that ,we do not know. So here is my advice : hold unto the words of the Bible; just take it for what it is (this is called faith ) . If in the end , it turns out that the Bible and the information in it was wrong , you have nothing to loose . But if it turns out to be true , then you would have saved yourself from something far worse than unbelief Shalom .
Assuming I died as a Christian and found out that Christianity is just a load of crap, I will be very much disappointed. As in... how could I have spent the whole of my earth life following loads of craps? I thank myself anyway for quickly realising the truth and now knowing the creator of Yahweh, Allah and the creator of fictitious Jesus. I have their histories, all of them
Re: Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by hopefulLandlord: 9:58am On Jul 23, 2018
Shelumiel:

What if you "hold on to the the words of the bible" by faith and find out the Koran was actually true after you die? you'd end up in hell with the Hindus, atheists, deists etc so you do have something to lose.......

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by chemystery: 10:04am On Jul 23, 2018
Shelumiel:
It's very stupid to go that way bro. There are thousands of religions and the best bet would be to hold unto the beliefs of all these religions. That way, you will not come short of any eternal goodies if any one of these beliefs happens to be the true one. There will also be nothing to loose if they all happen to be false. Just do that and thank me later.

4 Likes

Re: Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by hopefulLandlord: 10:10am On Jul 23, 2018
chemystery:

It's very stupid to go that way bro. There are thousands of religions and the best bet would be to hold unto the beliefs of all these religions. That way, you will not come short of any eternal goodies if any one of these beliefs happens to be the true one. There will also be nothing to loose if they all happen to be false. Just do that and thank me later.

If he holds on to every religion as true he would end up in hell if some specific religions happen to be true

For instance holding Yahweh - the Jewish mythical god - as true while holding Vishnu of the Indian myth too as true would still land you in hell if Yahweh is true cuz Yahweh said you shouldn't have any other god aside from him

Also Allah of the middle eastern Arabic mythology has the same orientation as Yahweh (some say they're the same)

In a nutshell, there's no surefire way of gaming Pascal's wager

5 Likes

Re: Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by Shelumiel: 10:10am On Jul 23, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

What if you "hold on to the the words of the bible" by faith and find out the Koran was actually true after you die? you'd end up in hell with the Hindus, atheists, deists etc so you do have something to lose.......
Brother, the Koran speaks about God , but is it from God ? No !

1 Like

Re: Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by hopefulLandlord: 10:11am On Jul 23, 2018
Shelumiel:

You mean Muslims are going to heaven if Christianity were true?
Re: Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by delkuf(m): 10:15am On Jul 23, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

I pray you don't hopefully become a landlord here on earth, but also in heaven. I wish we could see one on one and talk, not to debate like you want. I am convinced that if we see, Jesus will touch your heart.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by Shelumiel: 10:19am On Jul 23, 2018
chemystery:

I am sorry to say , but
your post does not make sense.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by OtemAtum: 10:19am On Jul 23, 2018
Shelumiel:
Both bible and Quran are not written by God. God is too big to write books for earth, which is an insignificant part of itself. The gods such as Yahweh, Allah, Olorun, Chimides, Chaleb, Vishnu, Atum, Moloch, El, Enlil, Enki etc are the ones who are interested in writing books to either dominate the souls of humans(in the case of Yahweh and Allah) or to help them become free from mind slavery(in the case of Atum, Olorun, Chimides and Chaleb).

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

TOP 10 Gospel Songs Released In February 2019 / Missing Books of the New Testament / The Scandal Of The Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.