Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,173 members, 7,953,639 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:31 PM

Kebbi Rice Farmers Lament Fertilizer Scarcity - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Kebbi Rice Farmers Lament Fertilizer Scarcity (273 Views)

See The Man I Saw Using POS Machine Selling His Gurasa Suya In Birnin kebbi / Lagos Fishermen Lament Over Dangote Refinery: "What Will Be Left For Us?" / Dangote's 2.6million Rice Mill In Kebbi State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kebbi Rice Farmers Lament Fertilizer Scarcity by maol27(m): 2:56am On Jul 23, 2018
Rice farmers in Kebbi State have expressed concerns over their inability to secure fertilizers for the rainy season, saying the shortage of the product will hamper their output.

A prominent rice farmer along the Dikku Road, Birnin-Kebbi, Alhaji Ibrahim Guluma, while speaking with our correspondent on the plight of the farmers, noted that despite their readiness to buy the product at the rate of N7,500 at the open market, it was not available.

Guluma, who has four hectares of rice farm, stated, “I could not secure fertilizer from the government this year, and I tried to buy from the open market, but it is not available.”

He noted that he usually harvested about 30 paddy bags of rice from his four hectares of rice farm for every rainy season, but said he was not sure if his output would surpass last year’s due to scarcity of fertilizers.

Source and more:
Kebbi rice farmers lament fertilizer scarcity http://www.sanwomi.com/2018/07/kebbi-rice-farmers-lament-fertilizer.html

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

(1) (Reply)

Artificial Grass Installations / I Buy Gift Cards Of All Kinds / Start Snail Farming In Nigeria And Scale Upto A Million In No Time - Read Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.