Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,772 members, 7,831,482 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

5G Is Coming To Smartphone But Will Nigeria Use It? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5G Is Coming To Smartphone But Will Nigeria Use It? (678 Views)

Introduction To Smartphone Socs (a Revision) / Introduction To Smartphone CPU Basics / 5G Is Corona Virus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5G Is Coming To Smartphone But Will Nigeria Use It? by edewojames(m): 9:26am On Jul 24, 2018
The world tech space has been talking of 5G a lot since last year and just right in the second half of 2018, Qualcomm has promised to install 5G network to smartphones. If smartphones start using 5G network, then, you know, super fast speed is now possible, even though 4G is already fast enough.

Qualcomm has created a mmWave antennas which integrates the specifications for 5G network. The mmWave antennas are QTM052 module family and QPM56xx sub-6 GHz RF module. The chipset marker also claimed that it is the first to a fully powered 5G network at 5 Gbps. This new antennas will be integrated into its upcoming chipset which will probably be launched before the this year. The forthcoming chipset will replaced the latest flagship chipset of Qualcomm Snapdragon 845.

Installing 5G on mobile phones is a great deal. Telecommunication company will need to gear up their game to meet this current need. However, in undeveloped countries, like Nigeria, having a 5G network on smartphones is a big deal as most of the wireless carriers are yet to integrate 4G network. However, one of the middle-level smartphones launched this year has already incorporated this 4G network on it as well as other smartphones.

Copied from
https://phonesnaira..com/2018/07/smartphones-to-start-using-5g-in-2019-qualcomm.html

Re: 5G Is Coming To Smartphone But Will Nigeria Use It? by adeniyi3971(m): 9:57am On Jul 24, 2018
I won't be in Nigeria by then
Re: 5G Is Coming To Smartphone But Will Nigeria Use It? by edewojames(m): 10:25am On Jul 24, 2018
adeniyi3971:
I won't be in Nigeria by then
Lol! But Nigeria is your country.
Re: 5G Is Coming To Smartphone But Will Nigeria Use It? by masterfactor(m): 10:36am On Jul 24, 2018
I never experience the full potential of 3G not to talk of 3.5G or 4G self una wan bring 5G come...una head NVR correct
Re: 5G Is Coming To Smartphone But Will Nigeria Use It? by finsulyman: 10:40am On Jul 24, 2018
I'm using 6G here in India
Re: 5G Is Coming To Smartphone But Will Nigeria Use It? by edewojames(m): 12:39pm On Jul 24, 2018
finsulyman:
I'm using 6G here in India
Your own China is in the multiverse
Re: 5G Is Coming To Smartphone But Will Nigeria Use It? by tidedroid: 4:05pm On Jul 24, 2018
My 4g ntel sim is not faster than my 3g mtn sim,in fact it's f'ing slow.u now want them to bring 5g so that we will be the first country to be achieving 2g speed on 5g network.abeg let them(network providers) improve what they have now rather than rushing to use tech that they are not ready for
Re: 5G Is Coming To Smartphone But Will Nigeria Use It? by TheUbermensch: 6:10pm On Jul 24, 2018
Let us first enjoy 2G well.
Re: 5G Is Coming To Smartphone But Will Nigeria Use It? by Simeony007(m): 8:33pm On Jul 24, 2018
Will it spoil Nigerians phones if they use it
Re: 5G Is Coming To Smartphone But Will Nigeria Use It? by Waffarianman(m): 9:06pm On Jul 24, 2018
We Never Use 4g Finish Na 5g... Yeye dey reli dey smell
Re: 5G Is Coming To Smartphone But Will Nigeria Use It? by edewojames(m): 9:23pm On Jul 24, 2018
tidedroid:
My 4g ntel sim is not faster than my 3g mtn sim,in fact it's f'ing slow.u now want them to bring 5g so that we will be the first country to be achieving 2g speed on 5g network.abeg let them(network providers) improve what they have now rather than rushing to use tech that they are not ready for
Funny you. In fact, them never fit give us better 4G. I wonder when 5G go come Naija.
Re: 5G Is Coming To Smartphone But Will Nigeria Use It? by edewojames(m): 9:24pm On Jul 24, 2018
Simeony007:
Will it spoil Nigerians phones if they use it
No!
Re: 5G Is Coming To Smartphone But Will Nigeria Use It? by fotadmowmend(m): 8:40am On Jul 25, 2018
Nigerian 2g=no network 3g=1.5g, 3.5g=2g, 4g=2.5g
Re: 5G Is Coming To Smartphone But Will Nigeria Use It? by edewojames(m): 8:44am On Jul 25, 2018
fotadmowmend:
Nigerian 2g=no network 3g=1.5g, 3.5g=2g, 4g=2.5g
Bro, you talk true. If 5G comes to Nigeria. Data cost will increase.

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Me Decide On My Next Phone / Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus Review: Loved It! / How To Use Both Wi-fi And Mobile Data To Boost Internet Speed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.