Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,982 members, 7,810,737 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:06 PM

Chrysler Mechanic Needed - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Chrysler Mechanic Needed (1930 Views)

Which One Should I Go For? 2014 Chevy Impala Or 2015 Chrysler 200 / Mechanic Needed For Honda Evil Spirit / Fiat Chrysler Want To Block Mahindra's "Jeep Clone" Roxor From Entering US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chrysler Mechanic Needed by pappy2000: 11:58am On Jul 24, 2018
I need a mechanic who can help me change my Chrysler Voyager 2002 engine from 24 to 2.0
Re: Chrysler Mechanic Needed by cokerayodele9(m): 2:23pm On Jul 24, 2018
Call Ayo on 07031371445
Re: Chrysler Mechanic Needed by AutoElectNG: 2:34pm On Jul 24, 2018
Something to think about

Please do your homework well

Re: Chrysler Mechanic Needed by pappy2000: 8:58pm On Jul 24, 2018
AutoElectNG:
Something to think about

AutoElectNG:
Something to think about

AutoElectNG:
Something to think about

Great do u have an ideal on how I can be done with a four cylinder engine of the same size
Re: Chrysler Mechanic Needed by autologic: 9:51pm On Jul 24, 2018
pappy2000:
I need a mechanic who can help me change my Chrysler Voyager 2002 engine from 24 to 2.0
Seems u want to embark on a white elephant kazeemisation project cos there is nothing like 2.0 engine variant for voyager for that model year unless you want to manufacture one for yourself.
But if I may ask ,why seeking for such impossible downgrade of engine capacity ? Fuel consumption ?

1 Like

Re: Chrysler Mechanic Needed by sultaan(m): 11:16pm On Jul 24, 2018
I can't even recall seeing a Chrysler Voyager with a 4 cylinder engine, I think they made some back in the days but most of the ones I had seen plus the one we had came with the 3.3l V6.

Don't even consider engine replacement. If the original engine was the 2.4, look for a donor from late 90's to 2000+ from a Chrysler car
Re: Chrysler Mechanic Needed by pappy2000: 6:28pm On Jul 28, 2018
Its a four plug photos attached

Re: Chrysler Mechanic Needed by AutoElectNG: 9:58pm On Jul 28, 2018
pappy2000:
Its a four plug photos attached

You are correct but reading just the Wikipedia article (and not the technical documentation) on the engines and the changes made year in year out up to the extent that for some configurations, a totally different ECM had to be installed makes it clear to me that you are safer sticking to a 2.4, if you must use another engine, then pay sometime to go over all the details to be sure it would work, failing which it is a venture I would not want to be associated with

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_1.8,_2.0_%26_2.4_engine#2.4_and_2.4_Turbo
Re: Chrysler Mechanic Needed by radautoworks: 4:10am On Jul 30, 2018
pappy2000:

Why tho?

1 Like

Re: Chrysler Mechanic Needed by Nobody: 4:40am On Jul 30, 2018
pappy2000:

OP, it's your money and your vehicle but your proposition is ridiculous.

1) It's insane to downgrade an engine unless your going to add forced induction to compensate. No replacement for displacement.

2) Whatever malady that your power plant have can be resolved without replacing the engine. Even if the block is cracked, an extreme example, it can still be welded or a replacement block sourced.

Good luck on whatever decision you pursue but please get second opinions before commiting to an engine swap.

1 Like

Re: Chrysler Mechanic Needed by pappy2000: 10:19am On Jul 30, 2018
Now what do I do , my mechanic said I need to change the engine completely ,please explain what I can do
Re: Chrysler Mechanic Needed by AutoElectNG: 10:23am On Jul 30, 2018
What malady are you trying to cure?

Why does he say you need a new engine?

How many miles is the current engine?

1 Like

Re: Chrysler Mechanic Needed by pappy2000: 3:42pm On Jul 30, 2018
AutoElectNG:
What malady are you trying to cure?

Why does he say you need a new engine?

How many miles is the current engine?

He said its giving a knocking sound.He said its probably the crank shaft. He said I need to buy a tokunbo engine,
Re: Chrysler Mechanic Needed by sultaan(m): 1:59am On Jul 31, 2018
We don't really care about what he says, it is what you hear and what you see that matters, so state exactly what you see going on , when it started and what has been done.
How Many miles do you have on that van what model year is it and what codes is it giving you(check engine light)

1 Like

Re: Chrysler Mechanic Needed by radautoworks: 2:42am On Jul 31, 2018
pappy2000:

He said its giving a knocking sound.He said its probably the crank shaft. He said I need to buy a tokunbo engine,

First, read this https://www.nairaland.com/post/69784777

Then, answer what we are all asking you. What is the car doing? Not what your mechanic is telling you, what are you seeing or hearing with your own korokoro?
Re: Chrysler Mechanic Needed by pappy2000: 10:48am On Jul 31, 2018
radautoworks:

First, read this https://www.nairaland.com/post/69784777

Then, answer what we are all asking you. What is the car doing? Not what your mechanic is telling you, what are you seeing or hearing with your own korokoro?

Great, Each time I press the accelerator, I hear a cranking sound then the silencer is bringing out a black soot.
Re: Chrysler Mechanic Needed by AutoElectNG: 11:13am On Jul 31, 2018
Please scan for codes...use a phone with reasonable specifications to record the audio of the sounds you hear and share
Re: Chrysler Mechanic Needed by sultaan(m): 10:21pm On Jul 31, 2018
Possibly timing cbeltso your mech will have to open up the belt cover and take a look at the timing.

What happened before this problem started, or did someone work on the car.

Model year and mileage

Type of engine oil used
Re: Chrysler Mechanic Needed by pappy2000: 3:20pm On Aug 02, 2018
sultaan:
Possibly timing cbeltso your mech will have to open up the belt cover and take a look at the timing.

What happened before this problem started, or did someone work on the car.

Model year and mileage

Type of engine oil used

Well what I observed was that the plug flinged out while driving , I have since replaced the plug.

2003 model

Visco 2000

I also notice that the engine oil dries quicker in the past two month
Re: Chrysler Mechanic Needed by pappy2000: 3:20pm On Aug 02, 2018
AutoElectNG:
Please scan for codes...use a phone with reasonable specifications to record the audio of the sounds you hear and share

I will do that over the weekend , thanks
Re: Chrysler Mechanic Needed by AutoElectNG: 3:30pm On Aug 02, 2018
pappy2000:

I will do that over the weekend , thanks

A friendly forum member told me that my English was over the top and said I should have said:

Scan for codes and make a clear the recording of what you hear to share

What I meant is there are phone whose recordings have such poor fidelity that the recording would be distorted and others listening would not be able to decipher the sound, so use a good phone not a basic phone, that is what I mean, so the recording will be high fidelity so when it is reproduced we can hear what you actually hear when the engine is running

1 Like

Re: Chrysler Mechanic Needed by pappy2000: 3:49pm On Aug 02, 2018
AutoElectNG:

A friendly forum member told me that my English was over the top and said I should have said:

Scan for codes and make a clear the recording of what you hear to share

What I meant is there are phone whose recordings have such poor fidelity that the recording would be distorted and others listening would not be able to decipher the sound, so use a good phone not a basic phone, that is what I mean, so the recording will be high fidelity so when it is reproduced we can hear what you actually hear when the engine is running

I understand perfectly what you were saying sir.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Information 1997-2000 Mecerdes C Class And 1999-2001 Bmw 323i / Car Quiz: Which Way Should You Move The Trafficator Stalk / What Have You Done To Your Car Recently?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.