Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,043 members, 7,810,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:08 PM

Corning Gorilla Glass 6 Introduced With Higher Levels Of Compression - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Corning Gorilla Glass 6 Introduced With Higher Levels Of Compression (1627 Views)

For Those Who Don’t Know: There Are Levels To This Gorilla Glass Thing. / Corning's Gorilla Glass 4 Aims To Protect Your Phone From Deadly Drops / The New Corning Gorilla Glass 6 Will Make It’s Debut On Oppo’s New Flagship. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corning Gorilla Glass 6 Introduced With Higher Levels Of Compression by Behankey(m): 10:15am On Jul 25, 2018
Corning Gorilla Glass 6 has been introduced by Corning today. This is an upgrade to the Corning Gorilla Glass 5 which we typically see on most flagship devices. The Gorilla Glass 6 according to Corning, has higher levels of compression. And will be able to withstand a higher degree of falls compared to its predecessor.

The glass comes with a totally new material that would survive multiple drops. According to a test conducted on the Corning Gorilla Glass 6, it survived fifteen drops from 1 meter before actually having a crack. This makes the new version two times stronger than its predecessor. The Gorilla Glass 5 couldn’t withstand up to 9 drops before literally shattering to pieces.

The Gorilla Glass 6 was made from new glass composition which can also be chemically strengthened to give it significantly higher levels of compression. With that feature, the Gorilla Glass 6 will be more resistant to damage.

People drop their phones an average of 7 times a year, according to a survey conducted by Corning. More than 50% of the drops occurred within a meter height. So the Corning Gorilla Glass 6 will survive up to 15 times from that range. This means you can use your phone for almost two years without cracks on the screen.

Corning Gorilla Glasses are currently on over 6 billion devices manufactured by more than 45 major brands. We can’t wait for the new Glass to make its way to new flagships soon and it is rumoured that the next Phantom device from TECNO Mobile will be coming with the Corning Gorilla 6 glass.

1 Like

Re: Corning Gorilla Glass 6 Introduced With Higher Levels Of Compression by Rubiesangel: 10:27am On Jul 25, 2018
Ope o! No more smashed screens.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corning Gorilla Glass 6 Introduced With Higher Levels Of Compression by Psoulsport(m): 10:35am On Jul 25, 2018
Corning Gorilla Glass 6 I believe will be the next tech in phones and if Tecno is able to release the next phantom in this...other brands will lead in this because of the compression this will come with for the screen protection

Tecno I guess is looking at releasing another phantom. Nice one...

Re: Corning Gorilla Glass 6 Introduced With Higher Levels Of Compression by Yyvonne: 11:31am On Jul 25, 2018
If only the next phantom from tecno comes with the Corning Gorrilla Glass 6 as rumoured, then my days of constantly mending my broken screen would be over... Yippee!
Re: Corning Gorilla Glass 6 Introduced With Higher Levels Of Compression by Behankey(m): 11:47am On Jul 25, 2018
Rubiesangel:
Ope o! No more smashed screens.
Lol. You won't have to be repairing screens everytime
Re: Corning Gorilla Glass 6 Introduced With Higher Levels Of Compression by scarycuteface(m): 11:48am On Jul 25, 2018
Corning Gorilla glass 6? That's good. Saves from the stress of having to repair screens every time. And if new phones like the next phantom start having this, then that will be good.
Re: Corning Gorilla Glass 6 Introduced With Higher Levels Of Compression by Abiodunspectre(m): 1:45am On Jul 26, 2018
How reliable is the gorilla glass?
Re: Corning Gorilla Glass 6 Introduced With Higher Levels Of Compression by Yyvonne: 4:33am On Jul 26, 2018
For TECNO to consider using for the next phantom, then I believe it's strong and reliable..
Abiodunspectre:
How reliable is the gorilla glass?
Re: Corning Gorilla Glass 6 Introduced With Higher Levels Of Compression by Goldyyy: 5:07am On Jul 26, 2018
Of course no one derives joy in repairing a smashed screen all the time.. if the next phantom eventually comes with it, it will make sense gan!!..
scarycuteface:
Corning Gorilla glass 6? That's good. Saves from the stress of having to repair screens every time. And if new phones like the next phantom start having this, then that will be good.
Re: Corning Gorilla Glass 6 Introduced With Higher Levels Of Compression by Creg7: 9:37am On Jul 29, 2018
Corning or no corning...... Looking forward to the next phantom..... Does that mean the next phantom is to be the first phone to launch the corning glass?
Re: Corning Gorilla Glass 6 Introduced With Higher Levels Of Compression by Behankey(m): 9:18am On Jul 30, 2018
Creg7:
Corning or no corning...... Looking forward to the next phantom..... Does that mean the next phantom is to be the first phone to launch the corning glass?
The Camon I has a Corning Gorilla glass 3. But if this is true, the next phantom might be the first to spot a 6.
Re: Corning Gorilla Glass 6 Introduced With Higher Levels Of Compression by scarycuteface(m): 10:13am On Jul 30, 2018
Goldyyy:
Of course no one derives joy in repairing a smashed screen all the time.. if the next phantom eventually comes with it, it will make sense gan!!..
Will be very nice!!
Re: Corning Gorilla Glass 6 Introduced With Higher Levels Of Compression by Goldyyy: 12:44pm On Jul 31, 2018
Make sense
scarycuteface:
Will be very nice!!
Re: Corning Gorilla Glass 6 Introduced With Higher Levels Of Compression by hardeycute(m): 12:52pm On Jul 31, 2018
Crapno robots up there stylishly promoting another crap from the house of Crapno.

And why do I think it is just one or two persons making all those comments?

1 Like

Re: Corning Gorilla Glass 6 Introduced With Higher Levels Of Compression by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jul 31, 2018
Behankey:
Corning Gorilla Glass 6 has been introduced by Corning today. This is an upgrade to the Corning Gorilla Glass 5 which we typically see on most flagship devices. The Gorilla Glass 6 according to Corning, has higher levels of compression. And will be able to withstand a higher degree of falls compared to its predecessor.

The glass comes with a totally new material that would survive multiple drops. According to a test conducted on the Corning Gorilla Glass 6, it survived fifteen drops from 1 meter before actually having a crack. This makes the new version two times stronger than its predecessor. The Gorilla Glass 5 couldn’t withstand up to 9 drops before literally shattering to pieces.

The Gorilla Glass 6 was made from new glass composition which can also be chemically strengthened to give it significantly higher levels of compression. With that feature, the Gorilla Glass 6 will be more resistant to damage.

People drop their phones an average of 7 times a year, according to a survey conducted by Corning. More than 50% of the drops occurred within a meter height. So the Corning Gorilla Glass 6 will survive up to 15 times from that range. This means you can use your phone for almost two years without cracks on the screen.

Corning Gorilla Glasses are currently on over 6 billion devices manufactured by more than 45 major brands. We can’t wait for the new Glass to make its way to new flagships soon and it is rumoured that the next Phantom device from TECNO Mobile will be coming with the Corning Gorilla 6 glass.
smelling lies!
Re: Corning Gorilla Glass 6 Introduced With Higher Levels Of Compression by Behankey(m): 3:57pm On Aug 05, 2018
9PBLIVE:
smelling lies!
which of the fact listed is a smelling lie?
Re: Corning Gorilla Glass 6 Introduced With Higher Levels Of Compression by rainmaker12(m): 2:46pm On Aug 10, 2018
Stories. It will still shatter! Maybe gorilla glass 20, grin b4 we get practically shatter prove
Re: Corning Gorilla Glass 6 Introduced With Higher Levels Of Compression by investigator007: 12:11pm On Aug 12, 2018
E go really make sense o, that means the next phantom will be on another whole new level
Behankey:

Re: Corning Gorilla Glass 6 Introduced With Higher Levels Of Compression by investigator007: 12:12pm On Aug 12, 2018
Yyvonne:
For TECNO to consider using for the next phantom, then I believe it's strong and reliable..
i'm with you on this one ,cos Tecno mobile are really doing good when it comes to decive durability
Re: Corning Gorilla Glass 6 Introduced With Higher Levels Of Compression by Yyvonne: 3:22am On Aug 13, 2018
investigator007:
i'm with you on this one ,cos Tecno mobile are really doing good when it comes to decive durability
yeah.. they know what their users like
Re: Corning Gorilla Glass 6 Introduced With Higher Levels Of Compression by Behankey(m): 11:08am On Aug 19, 2018
investigator007:
E go really make sense o, that means the next phantom will be on another whole new level
You get it. Let's see how Tecno aims to improve the next one
Re: Corning Gorilla Glass 6 Introduced With Higher Levels Of Compression by Rubiesangel: 11:22am On Aug 19, 2018
Behankey:
Tecno improves with every new device they make. Each device they make, is several steps ahead of the last.
Re: Corning Gorilla Glass 6 Introduced With Higher Levels Of Compression by Ejadike(m): 11:26am On Aug 19, 2018
Meaning the glass screen will be very strong...
Re: Corning Gorilla Glass 6 Introduced With Higher Levels Of Compression by Ejadike(m): 11:27am On Aug 19, 2018
investigator007:
it's still an art they need to fully Master. I'm sure TECNO will do better in the near future
Re: Corning Gorilla Glass 6 Introduced With Higher Levels Of Compression by Rubiesangel: 1:15pm On Aug 20, 2018
Behankey:
stay put and watch, you will be wowed
Re: Corning Gorilla Glass 6 Introduced With Higher Levels Of Compression by enoch273: 5:33pm On Aug 20, 2018
Chai! Let me just comment my reserve sad
Re: Corning Gorilla Glass 6 Introduced With Higher Levels Of Compression by sureinfo: 8:10am On Aug 26, 2018
I can't wait to see the next phantom with this glass, it's going to be super cool
Re: Corning Gorilla Glass 6 Introduced With Higher Levels Of Compression by Behankey(m): 1:47pm On Aug 27, 2018
Rubiesangel:
stay put and watch, you will be wowed
I have my eyes on them. I know they will do well with coming devices.
Re: Corning Gorilla Glass 6 Introduced With Higher Levels Of Compression by Behankey(m): 1:48pm On Aug 27, 2018
Rubiesangel:
Tecno improves with every new device they make. Each device they make, is several steps ahead of the last.
the truth!

(1) (Reply)

The All New Infinix Hot S3X Is Now Available And Here's What's In The Box / Chimera Tool PRO Dongle (authenticator) / Hot! Get Almost 3GB On Glo For #500 With This Trick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.