Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,990 members, 7,825,069 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

Here's Why An AAA Nigerian Video Game Title Is Highly Unlikely - Gaming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Here's Why An AAA Nigerian Video Game Title Is Highly Unlikely (17829 Views)

512g STEAM DECK With 20+ AAA PC GAMES AVAILABLE 60,000 6 / How To Play Playstation 4 (PS4) Games On Android | 100% FREE | Play AAA Playstat / [b]10 PC AAA Title Games You Can Run On Your Low End Pc's.[/b] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Here's Why An AAA Nigerian Video Game Title Is Highly Unlikely by HajimeSaito(m): 12:24am On Jul 26, 2018
KazukiIto:

+30XP.

And that's for the stupidity you just displayed. Do you understand how video games are made?

And you're the bigshot expert on video games, aren't you? I suggest you try and attain a rudimentary degree of intelligence to spare yourself future embarrassment.

You won't always be able to take advantage of the anonymity of the virtual world to hide your ignorance.
Re: Here's Why An AAA Nigerian Video Game Title Is Highly Unlikely by JastSiryin(m): 2:33am On Jul 26, 2018
einsteine:

As someone who has read hundreds of literary works and written some, I can tell you that literature is practically useless for the development of a nation. Compare the effect of Albert Einstein, Michael Faraday, James Clark Maxwell and Isaac Newton on the development of the world to that of Shakespeare, Dickens, Bach and Raphael.

Tell me the latter people I mentioned were as relevant to the state of development of the world as the former.

No, tell me with a straight face.

Lee Kuan Yew once said one of the greatest surprises he got when he came to Africa was that Kwame Nkrumah was proud of a 25 year old First Class honours holder in Classics who became Ghana's youngest Vice Chancellor. Lee Juan Yew wondered "Why does an agrarian country that needs development have it's best and brightest studying classics (Latin and Greek)? "

Art and Entertainment are luxuries.
It's both strange and fascinating that someone of your standing would hold an opposing view towards literary works. No one can dispute the leading role of science and tech in nation building, but to view another field as being useless as a result is totally one-sided. I'm sure your main grouse with the purely abstract arts are their apparent lack of tangibility, but I beg to differ on the part of practicality. What is science without the proper use of ethics to put it to good use, how beneficial would it be to a nation's growth if it weren't marketable. It's just as dependable as everything else without a monopoly on the scheme of things. And although a student of the sciences, I find it rather shallow that most people's view of a bright mind is one skillfully primed for science, like bright minds don't exist anywhere else. In the end everything is a matter of opinion, Wole Soyinka is just as important as any other Laureate who contributed to the sciences. You listed great scientists and equally great writers who inspired them, I see no difference.

1 Like

Re: Here's Why An AAA Nigerian Video Game Title Is Highly Unlikely by Nobody: 2:46am On Jul 26, 2018
rentAcock:
I'm more amazed that you took your time to write this rubbish. Video games are a form of entertainment and nothing more. So many grown men waste valuable time playing silly video games that doesn't enrich them in anyway. Why should Nigeria even have a video game title Aren't there more Nigerian youths already languishing away by gambling? Video games leads to lack of productivity and that's the last thing a society needs. Abeg there are already too many forms of media fighting for our eyeballs, we don't need more of them.

You are ignorant. The video gaming industry is a multi billion dollar industry and it is stillmgrowing like a wild fire.
Re: Here's Why An AAA Nigerian Video Game Title Is Highly Unlikely by LucemFerre: 7:25am On Jul 26, 2018
You wanna know what's funny?
All the people insulting me and criticizing me for what I've said ignored the whole post and just picked the one that was easier to attack. 50% of them don't know anything about game development and don't care, 30% know a little about gaming but, have the average Nigerian parent grooming flowing through them (get a business or a job creativity doesn't bring money, we have seen kids who made toy helicopters and were shown on NTA ones), 10% of them are just trolls, the other 10% are are hating because they don't have the ability to boldly write something that's worthy of discussion.
But they all have 1 thing in common (note I said all the people saying negative things about me or my post) they are all just jerks and d!cks. Because if a post doesn't concern me or I have nothing important to contribute I just pass. That should be common sense.

Anyways, I got nothing against anyone. I live in Nigeria not somewhere else, I've seen the problems and I know them. If we could just look past our ego and see sense in every aspect of advancement we wouldn't wait for something to be done for something to be done. We'd just start and see where it takes us. I love gaming and animations that's why I'm advocating for concern on my own part of creative expertise.
If you are an engineer do the same, doctor do the same, farmer do the same then we'd build the country at a faster rate but, don't sit down and criticize me while doing NOTHING on the part of your own area of specialization.

From now on say whatever the fvck you want!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here's Why An AAA Nigerian Video Game Title Is Highly Unlikely by Amokwe(m): 8:33am On Jul 26, 2018
The issue with this post was presentation of ideas -message. However many of us were impatient to find underlying the messages which the writer have tried effortlessly to pass. Globally, technology has become the key through which opportunities are met and this does not exclude the entertainment industry, here is where animation ad gaming falls into. The writer berates our government for not supporting the industry, we all know that Nollywood worth several billions of Dollars was totally built on individual efforts, he further urge the youth to up their game by developing game apps and also build local animation industry.

3 Likes

Re: Here's Why An AAA Nigerian Video Game Title Is Highly Unlikely by Ayo081(m): 10:35am On Jul 26, 2018
Anyone with info on code lagos out of school program??
Re: Here's Why An AAA Nigerian Video Game Title Is Highly Unlikely by rentAcock(m): 2:24pm On Jul 26, 2018
Osirawboy:

You're a big fool for saying that. This is why nigeria will never grow, because of dull youths like you. OP made a very good point.
Video gaming is a very big business around the world. Do you know what "Esport" is?. It's basically playing games for the entertainment of other and making money doing it. A lot of American kids are quitting School to became "Professional Video Game Players". Do you know what "Twitch" is? It's a website where people pay you just to watch you play games. GOOGLE the gamer "Ninja", he makes almost 300 Million Naira a Month (yes a month) from people watching him play games.
Esport a Video Game playing Competition is going to be in the Olympic in 2020 (GOOGLE IT) and people are going to win medals from playing games and you're saying shit like Donkey. We Nigerians really need to grow up.

You are a demented fool, unlike many of you idiots on nairaland, i'm very knowledgable in a vast array of topics and that's why i can confidently make my opinions and counter any miscreant who tries to lecture me. I know Ninja, he streams on twitch every day, he plays Fortnite. I know Twitch, it is owned by Amazon, you can stream games or just about anything you like. I also know esports and this very aspect only supports my initial claim that games results in less productivity in society just like sports. Why should people pay someone else money or donate money to them just to watch them play a video game? What is productive about that? How does that propel a nation? There are already too many forms of media competing for eyeballs that we don't need such crap in Nigeria. There's already Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, youtube, netflix, hulu, etc, all these platforms earn billions every year via ad revenue which is solely based on active daily users. You are a stupid _fucker if you think we need more time wasting forms of media in Nigeria.
Re: Here's Why An AAA Nigerian Video Game Title Is Highly Unlikely by rentAcock(m): 2:26pm On Jul 26, 2018
Xda59:

You are ignorant. The video gaming industry is a multi billion dollar industry and it is stillmgrowing like a wild fire.

You are foolish, gambling is a trillion dollar industry and its still growing, but who is benefiting, society, the participants or the tycoons who control them? Think before you spew rubbish online.

2 Likes

Re: Here's Why An AAA Nigerian Video Game Title Is Highly Unlikely by rentAcock(m): 2:32pm On Jul 26, 2018
PotatoSalad:

Video games makes you more productive and alleviates stress you idiot

Video games make you more productive? This is perhaps the dumbest comment of the year.

2 Likes

Re: Here's Why An AAA Nigerian Video Game Title Is Highly Unlikely by cao(f): 2:37pm On Jul 26, 2018
I see rentacock is on the warpath to defend the rubbish that he wrote, but as someone once said, by their moniker you shall know them. I've got to ask, why not simply buy it, so you can own it, instead of just renting it?

1 Like

Re: Here's Why An AAA Nigerian Video Game Title Is Highly Unlikely by rentAcock(m): 2:37pm On Jul 26, 2018
cao:

I'm amazed you also took the time to write your own rubbish, the video game industry is a multi billion dollar industry. So, just waka pass with this silliness that you're sprouting.

Silly kid, it seems you do not know the meaning of productivity, i suggest you read up about it then come back and post a more reasonable comment. Gambling is a multitrillion dollar industry, does that make it a productive one? Unless you equate productivity to the Steve Wynns and Akin Alabis of the world. Stop making a fool of yourself online.
Re: Here's Why An AAA Nigerian Video Game Title Is Highly Unlikely by crafteck(m): 2:37pm On Jul 26, 2018
rentAcock:

You are foolish, gambling is a trillion dollar industry and its still growing, but who is benefiting, society, the participants or the tycoons who control them? Think before you spew rubbish online.

I think you are right. Almost same as football, only few are really gaining

1 Like

Re: Here's Why An AAA Nigerian Video Game Title Is Highly Unlikely by cao(f): 2:41pm On Jul 26, 2018
rentAcock:

Silly kid, it seems you do not know the meaning of productivity, i suggest you read up about it then come back and post a more reasonable comment. Gambling is a multitrillion dollar industry, does that make it a productive one? Unless you equate productivity to the Steve Wynns and Akin Alabis of the world. Stop making a fool of yourself online.
Oh boy, continue renting it. The irony of this whole post as it pertains to me, it's just funny, but that's life for you.
Re: Here's Why An AAA Nigerian Video Game Title Is Highly Unlikely by rentAcock(m): 2:41pm On Jul 26, 2018
cao:
I see rentacock is on the warpath to defend the rubbish that he wrote, but as someone once said, by their moniker you shall know them. I've got to ask, why not simply buy it, so you can own it, instead of just renting it?

I rent it to silly girls like you with watery _pussies or husbands with limp penis.es. You seem very frustrated, I will give you a discount because judging by the nonsensical crap you've been typing, you seem to need a _cock more now than ever.

1 Like

Re: Here's Why An AAA Nigerian Video Game Title Is Highly Unlikely by cao(f): 2:43pm On Jul 26, 2018
rentAcock:

I rent it to silly girls like you with watery _pussies or husbands with limp penis.es. You seem very frustrated, I will give you a discount because judging by the nonsensical crap you've been typing, you seem to need a _cock more now than ever.
Boy, I'm good without your diseased member, continue renting it.
Re: Here's Why An AAA Nigerian Video Game Title Is Highly Unlikely by rentAcock(m): 2:44pm On Jul 26, 2018
cao:

Oh boy, continue renting it. The irony of this whole post as it pertains to me, it's just funny, but that's life for you.

You are the idiot who thinks because an industry is makes billions in revenue, it means its productive. That thought process is not only wrong, its insulting to the entire human race, that we evolved from homo erectus to homo sapienes over thousands of years and our gene pool is still saturated with such shallow minded urchins, is sad to say the least.

1 Like

Re: Here's Why An AAA Nigerian Video Game Title Is Highly Unlikely by cao(f): 2:46pm On Jul 26, 2018
rentAcock:

You are the idiot who thinks because an industry is makes billions in revenue, it means its productive. That thought process is not only wrong, its insulting to the entire human race, that we evolved from homo erectus to homo sapienes over thousands of years and our gene pool is still saturated with such shallow minded urchins, is sad to say the least.
Aw poor boy. Keep renting it. E dey pain you like this? Pele. Na to insult way you get, renting out your member because that's the only thing you're good at. Do you, boy.
Re: Here's Why An AAA Nigerian Video Game Title Is Highly Unlikely by rentAcock(m): 2:46pm On Jul 26, 2018
cao:

Boy, I'm good without your diseased member, continue renting it.

hahaha, another sex starved nairalander... don't worry, i will make sure the client tripples up on condoms because i suspect one of the reason why you are sex starved has to do with that fact that you _pussy is watery or infected with herpes, chlamydia, gonorhea, syphilis and HIV. ode
Re: Here's Why An AAA Nigerian Video Game Title Is Highly Unlikely by rentAcock(m): 2:54pm On Jul 26, 2018
LucemFerre:

Dude don't support him. Some people live on playing video games. You guys really need to go out more.

You are another shallow minded cretin. Video games leads to a lack of productivity in society so stop making silly analogies. Just because some lucky few make money gambling, does it make it a productive venture?
Re: Here's Why An AAA Nigerian Video Game Title Is Highly Unlikely by cao(f): 2:54pm On Jul 26, 2018
LucemFerre:

Dude, stop embarrassing yourself
He can't help it, he keeps renting it out because he can't do anything else. He has to put something on his plate. It's his way.
Re: Here's Why An AAA Nigerian Video Game Title Is Highly Unlikely by rentAcock(m): 2:56pm On Jul 26, 2018
cao:

He can't help it, he keeps renting it out because he can't do anything else. He has to put something on his plate. It's his way.

Lol, majority of my clients are diseased women with watery pussies like you. Don't let me catch you on nairaland talking crap again or you will get schooled. At least i'm glad you are no longer making that point about video games being a productive industry, we have settled that so now talk about the _cock you desperately need right now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Which Video Game Scared The Hell Out Of You. / How Much Is A Second Hand Xbox One / Download PES 2016 ISO For PPSSPP (only Working Link)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.