Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,392 members, 7,815,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

1 Year Without A Job In Lagos Please I Need Help. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 1 Year Without A Job In Lagos Please I Need Help. (2441 Views)

I Need A Job In Lagos Please / My 1 Year Experience With Fortunate Step Resources Makurdi / How To Get A Job In Australia From Nigeria As A Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

1 Year Without A Job In Lagos Please I Need Help. by viviansteph: 2:00pm On Jul 25, 2018
I have been on every platform and group applying for all jobs I can lay my hands on yet I haven't been lucky to secure one. I have attended fairs and online training courses to learn more and network. Still no success. I have submitted my cv for reviews and many have found nothing wrong with it. The only problem I think I have is that I am not very expressive and somewhat of an introvert but I perform excellently well at any task given to me. My weakness has made me unable to convince interviewers of how well I can perform. I believe I can contribute alot in any organization I find myself but I haven't gotten any opportunity to prove my worth.

I am a science graduate, I am proficient in the use of Microsoft office tools, can enter, analyze and interprete data, have a growing knowledge of digital marketing and computer programming(html, css, javascript) and customer service. I am also open to learning new skills.

I need someone to believe in my capability and I promise to prove my worth.

Please help!

3 Likes

Re: 1 Year Without A Job In Lagos Please I Need Help. by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jul 25, 2018
I pray you find the help you seek. I'm also in your category; willing to learn and give my best, no job yet, introverted and not very expressive. It's not been easy.

1 Like

Re: 1 Year Without A Job In Lagos Please I Need Help. by abelee(m): 2:37pm On Jul 25, 2018
viviansteph:
I have been on every platform and group applying for all jobs I can lay my hands on yet I haven't been lucky to secure one. I have attended fairs and online training courses to learn more and network. Still no success. I have submitted my cv for reviews and many have found nothing wrong with it. The only problem I think I have is that I am not very expressive and somewhat of an introvert but I perform excellently well at any task given to me. My weakness has made me unable to convince interviewers of how well I can perform. I believe I can contribute alot in any organization I find myself but I haven't gotten any opportunity to prove my worth.

I am a science graduate, I am proficient in the use of Microsoft office tools, can enter, analyze and interprete data, have a growing knowledge of digital marketing and computer programming(html, css, javascript) and customer service. I am also open to learning new skills.

Please help!
locust:
I pray you find the help you seek. I'm also in your category; willing to learn and give my best, no job yet, introverted and not very expressive. It's not been easy.

why not acquire new skills which can increase your visibility in the job market and it can also change ur direction into starting a biz of your in the ICT world. Contact me via bigbrovaz2k@gmail.com and let me show how you can acquire these skills starting this august
Re: 1 Year Without A Job In Lagos Please I Need Help. by merit455(m): 3:36pm On Jul 25, 2018
abelee:

why not acquire new skills which can increase your visibility in the job market and it can also change ur direction into starting a biz of your in the ICT world. Contact me via bigbrovaz2k@gmail.com and let me show how you can acquire these skills starting this august
Someone is looking for a job and you here commenting rubbish. How many people have gotten a job after acquiring such knowledge. your email is even fake,not professional and you want to teach another person. Idiot,scammer

10 Likes

Re: 1 Year Without A Job In Lagos Please I Need Help. by Slickbishop(m): 4:01pm On Jul 25, 2018
please work on how you express yourself cuz it is a key factor in securing a job, besides, interview your self with friends, relations, acquaintainces,let them access u as this may help u a lot,trust me,try it and see how u r gonna improve in your vocals

1 Like

Re: 1 Year Without A Job In Lagos Please I Need Help. by Slickbishop(m): 4:03pm On Jul 25, 2018
most times,smart guys who are not good academically get to succeed in their interview due to the fact that they were able to take charge of the interview,they were only able to outsmart the interviewers

2 Likes

Re: 1 Year Without A Job In Lagos Please I Need Help. by auntytee: 4:17pm On Jul 25, 2018
Please send your CV to talentrecruiters2017@gmail.com..
Re: 1 Year Without A Job In Lagos Please I Need Help. by Sleekydee(m): 6:34pm On Jul 25, 2018
Google Tek Experts Nigeria, check out the openings available and apply according to your instincts
Re: 1 Year Without A Job In Lagos Please I Need Help. by generationz(f): 9:32pm On Jul 25, 2018
biafranbushboy
Re: 1 Year Without A Job In Lagos Please I Need Help. by BiafranBushBoy: 9:36pm On Jul 25, 2018
generationz:
biafranbushboy

Hey bro... What's up?
Re: 1 Year Without A Job In Lagos Please I Need Help. by generationz(f): 9:40pm On Jul 25, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:

Hey bro... What's up?
I just wanted to call your attention to the topic . what advise do you have for the person
Re: 1 Year Without A Job In Lagos Please I Need Help. by Yian1(m): 9:48pm On Jul 25, 2018
My guy, stop looking for a job, and venture into Network Marketing Business to be your own boss, and to be Financially Stable for the rest of your life like many others. No job can ever pay your worth, if you know, you know! Stop wasting your time searching for job that is nowhere.

If you want to know more about it, I'm ready to put you through. I will also show you people who have made it big in this business.

Message on WhatsApp so we can talk better: 08164269252
Re: 1 Year Without A Job In Lagos Please I Need Help. by generationz(f): 9:50pm On Jul 25, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:

Hey bro... What's up?
I just wanted to call your attention to the topic . what advise do you have for the person
Re: 1 Year Without A Job In Lagos Please I Need Help. by BiafranBushBoy: 9:52pm On Jul 25, 2018
generationz:

I just wanted to call your attention to the topic .
what advise do you have for the person

I sincerely don't like advising people on such topic again. I discovered that about 70% end up doing what makes them feel good, instead of what is necessary.

The OP has acknowledged that him being shy is the reason he can't convince employers to hire him.

It is simple, learn how to communicate. I and several people have written about how to answer interview questions. But they choose not just to learn.

Your chances of getting hired on this thread is 0.01%. I have been there, so I speak from experience.

Go and read about interviews...

Practice them with a friend. Create that boldness and tell the interviewer to his/her face...

"I need this job because I am the only person that can perform efficiently on this job. Try me and be marveled"

Thank you!

2 Likes

Re: 1 Year Without A Job In Lagos Please I Need Help. by viviansteph: 9:54pm On Jul 25, 2018
Yian1:
My guy, stop looking for a job, and venture into Network Marketing Business to be your own boss, and to be Financially Stable for the rest of your life like many others. No job can ever pay your worth, if you know, you know! Stop wasting your time searching for job that is nowhere.

If you want to know more about it, I'm ready to put you through. I will also show you people who have made it big in this business.

Message on WhatsApp so we can talk better: 08164269252

Okay. Thank you. I will send you a whatsapp message
Re: 1 Year Without A Job In Lagos Please I Need Help. by viviansteph: 9:56pm On Jul 25, 2018
Sleekydee:
Google Tek Experts Nigeria, check out the openings available and apply according to your instincts

Thanks
Re: 1 Year Without A Job In Lagos Please I Need Help. by ehinmowo: 9:57pm On Jul 25, 2018
locust:

Wich kind frash be this nw?
Re: 1 Year Without A Job In Lagos Please I Need Help. by ksstroud: 10:07pm On Jul 25, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:

I sincerely don't like advising people on such topic again. I discovered that about 70% end up doing what makes them feel good, instead of what is necessary.

The OP has acknowledged that him being shy is the reason he can't convince employers to hire him.

It is simple, learn how to communicate. I and several people have written about how to answer interview questions. But they choose not just to learn.

Your chances of getting hired on this thread is 0.01%. I have been there, so I speak from experience.

Practice them with a friend. Create that boldness and tell the interviewer to his/her face...

"I need this job because I am the only person that can perform efficiently on this job. Try me and be marveled"

Thank you!
my nigga grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 1 Year Without A Job In Lagos Please I Need Help. by generationz(f): 10:29pm On Jul 25, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:

Thank you!

he seems to have good computing skills.
maybe he can join fiverr
Re: 1 Year Without A Job In Lagos Please I Need Help. by viviansteph: 10:52pm On Jul 25, 2018
auntytee:
Please send your CV to talentrecruiters2017@gmail.com..

Okay. Thank you
Re: 1 Year Without A Job In Lagos Please I Need Help. by midehill(m): 11:27pm On Jul 25, 2018
Vivian same issue here, mine is 6 months though
Re: 1 Year Without A Job In Lagos Please I Need Help. by newinsta: 6:14am On Jul 26, 2018
this formula worked for me, get skill(s), any skill(s) you have pation for, be a baddass(excellent at it), convert your skill into an enterprise (business) if you don't have the needed capital locate people who need your skill, always target the boss don't waste time on employees, you will not only get a job you will determine your own pay and more opportunities will come. employers are not interested in paying you unless you helping them solve an existing problem
Re: 1 Year Without A Job In Lagos Please I Need Help. by AeroplaneApple: 6:52am On Jul 26, 2018
midehill:
Vivian same issue here, mine is 6 months though
can't be 6 months if we both finished nysc on 22nd December 2017 wink
Re: 1 Year Without A Job In Lagos Please I Need Help. by BiafranBushBoy: 8:23am On Jul 26, 2018
generationz:

he seems to have good computing skills.
maybe he can join fiverr

Can he succeed on Fiverr?

Yes, No.

He has no interest becoming a freelancer, so I skipped that part on purpose.

He doesn't wana make money, he needs a conventional job. So, I just told him the first step that would enable him get hired.

Morning!
Re: 1 Year Without A Job In Lagos Please I Need Help. by phemmyfour: 8:24am On Jul 26, 2018
viviansteph:

Please help!
try teaching or farming
Re: 1 Year Without A Job In Lagos Please I Need Help. by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 26, 2018
viviansteph:

Please help!

Another fellow is about to join the modern slaves.. Anyway, it's a thing of choice. Since you want to be hired, you must do that which is pleasant to your potential employer. If it entails sweeping him off his feet with your boldness, do that with pleasure. As long as you are not a stutterer, you can do it.. Rehearse.. Go to the interview, not as if your life depends on it, but because you want to talk to a lowland imp who you're better than in all ramification. That should work like magic in boosting your boldness.

Good luck!
Re: 1 Year Without A Job In Lagos Please I Need Help. by generationz(f): 11:33am On Jul 26, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:

Yes, No.

He doesn't wana make money, he needs a conventional job. So, I just told him the first step that would enable him get hired.

Morning!
hmm
that's true though

Many people still see conventional jobs as the way forward in this 21st century.

Good morning
Re: 1 Year Without A Job In Lagos Please I Need Help. by viviansteph: 3:02pm On Jul 26, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:

Yes, No.

Morning!

I can become a freelancer. Please let me in on your ideas
Re: 1 Year Without A Job In Lagos Please I Need Help. by viviansteph: 3:06pm On Jul 26, 2018
HenryDion:

Another fellow is about to join the modern slaves.. Anyway, it's a thing of choice. Since you want to be hired, you must do that which is pleasant to your potential employer. If it entails sweeping him off his feet with your boldness, do that with pleasure. As long as you are not a stutterer, you can do it.. Rehearse.. Go to the interview, not as if your life depends on it, but because you want to talk to a lowland imp who you're better than in all ramification. That should work like magic in boosting your boldness.

Good luck!

I stutter that's why I am quite reserved so I don't embarrass myself. I need to earn a living. Business or job. Please be generous to share ideas
Re: 1 Year Without A Job In Lagos Please I Need Help. by amicable09(f): 4:49pm On Jul 26, 2018
Hi VivianSteph, I understand how you feel and your burning desire to secure a job because I've once been there.

My first interview was a big flop. I remember it like it happened yesterday. I knew after the 5 minute interview that I wasn't going to be hired. It was just impossible.

I don't stutter but I talk too fast sometimes. I know a lot of employees who stutter. Therefore, stuttering can't impede your chances of getting employed. If employers hire people based on written English only I can assure you that you've earned yourself a job from this thread alone. Superb writing.

But writing alone won't get you the job. You have to communicate orally as well. I'm shy but I maintain eye contact as much as I can. Practice interview scenarios with people around you. In my case I had my 8 year old nephew read out frequently asked interview questions to me and he'll laugh at me when I did "Uhm... Err..." and so on because I wanted to stop it.

I practiced also not to just say a yes or no and keep mute. I tried to make it engaging, more interactive. It helped me to get out of awkward situations. Before my improvement, I used to wonder why some people stayed longer than others during an interview, I found out that the candidates who were more expressive controlled the session. You too can do that.

When next you meet someone new, after saying hi, introduce yourself by telling the person your first name. At your next interview, after your interviewer introduces himself or herself, say thank you for the opportunity to meet with me *insert name* and smile. You'll get a smile that will ease the tension in the room and make you an excellent fit.

Little secret; the person interviewing you is a potential colleague, so relax and enjoy the sessions.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pioneer Metro Consult / Virtual Assistant For Online Data Entry Jobs / Nnpc 2012 Recruitment For Fresh And Experienced Graduates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.