Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,636 members, 7,813,099 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:59 AM

Nonchalant Attitudes In Medical Settings Could Kill Patients - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nonchalant Attitudes In Medical Settings Could Kill Patients (376 Views)

UNICEF Warns Lockdown Could Kill More Than COVID-19 / Anambra Discovers Unused 4 Ventilators In Medical Store / This Horrific Instant Skin Bleaching Method Could Kill You (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nonchalant Attitudes In Medical Settings Could Kill Patients by marigot(f): 2:35pm On Jul 25, 2018
An unexpected occurrence happened in one of the Federal owned hospital in Ondo state, where a finalist nearly lost his life due to management prayer meeting.

According to an anonymous source said, the staff of the health center normally holds a prayer/meeting on the last Friday of every month during work hours which is compulsory for all staff to attend. At this time, treatment given to patients must be on hold and no emergency cases will be attended to, either the one on the hospital bed or new cases.

According to him, said during the last meeting, the clinic was crowded with a lot of concerned patients who came for treatments, but unfortunately for them nobody paid attention to them.

He added, while this was on, a boy was rushed down with a bike from an exam hall, the boy was unconscious and everybody round him except the staff of the hospital.

According to the boy close pal, Mr. Jide Olaosebikan said he once heard that the staff of the hospital had issues on how to treat human lives, but this very day he confirmed it was not just a speculation but the real fact.

“I thought within myself that such critical case deserves an exemption, waiting for someone to attend to him and at least resuscitate him and give the necessary first aid treatments but to my surprise, the doctors, nurses and other staff continued their meeting as if it was more important than my friend’s life, he added.”

Speaking to one of our correspondents, Mr. Olaosebikan said he found it difficult to understand how such apathy to life could be seen among health workers who swore oath to save lives.

He concluded that fortunately for his friend, he regained his consciousness and we rushed him to a private hospital where he is receiving adequate medical attention.

http://www.edokita.com/nonchalant-attitudes-in-medical-settings-could-kill-patients/
Re: Nonchalant Attitudes In Medical Settings Could Kill Patients by hisgrace090: 3:02pm On Jul 25, 2018
Even Jesus teaches that it is good to abandon sabbat in other to save live first.

1 Like

Re: Nonchalant Attitudes In Medical Settings Could Kill Patients by Scheun(f): 3:35pm On Jul 25, 2018
it is so sad that most of the deaths in Nigerian hospitals is actually due to negligence in the medical settings... the FG need to look into this as a matter of urgency
Re: Nonchalant Attitudes In Medical Settings Could Kill Patients by MrBigiman: 7:46pm On Jul 25, 2018
angry I don't have full details of the other side though

(1) (Reply)

Ensure A Better Blood Circulation With Bounty Herbal Tea / Biotin (high Potency) 5000mcg Per Veggie Softgel; Enhanced With Coconut Oil For / Herbal Remedy For Burning Sensation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.