Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,791 members, 7,824,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Revealed!! Banks Pay About N20 Billion In Staff Salary Anually - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Revealed!! Banks Pay About N20 Billion In Staff Salary Anually (1824 Views)

Should A School Owner Withhold Staff Salary For Not Updating Lesson Notes? / How Much Do Banks Pay Workforce Outsourcing Staffs / Non Academic Staff Salary Scale In A Federal University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Revealed!! Banks Pay About N20 Billion In Staff Salary Anually by Inova(m): 7:53pm On Jul 28, 2018
This information was gathered painstakingly over a period of time and collated for your information and decision making while taking up a banking job.

Note that it does not represent the actual salary of any bank.

However it is based on Industries average standard.

Its amazing to note that a typical bank will shell out about N20billion in salary payment alone annually. This is excluding recurrent expenditure and other miscellaneous expenses shocked

A times I wonder how these banks generate such amount of money.

Union Bank and Keystone Bank just did an upward review of salary so I believe their total annual payment of staff salaries would be higher than the N20 billion as already stated.

If you are skeptical about this, then see the break down as part of my research

Re: Revealed!! Banks Pay About N20 Billion In Staff Salary Anually by Sleezwizz: 8:00pm On Jul 28, 2018
Inova:
This information was gathered painstakingly over a period of time and collated for your information and decision making while taking up a banking job.

Its amazing to note that a typical bank will shell out about N20billion in salary payment alone annually. This is excluding recurrent expenditure and other miscellaneous expenses shocked

Union Bank and Keystone Bank just did an upward review of salary so I believe their total annual payment of staff salaries would be higher than the N20 billion as already stated.

Did u just say u wonder how banks generation such money?

You will be surprised at what common deduction of #10 from each customer account will amount to...

2 Likes

Re: Revealed!! Banks Pay About N20 Billion In Staff Salary Anually by ifeanyija(m): 8:22pm On Jul 28, 2018
Inova:

and they make trillions in profit
Re: Revealed!! Banks Pay About N20 Billion In Staff Salary Anually by Inova(m): 8:37pm On Jul 28, 2018
ifeanyija:
and they make trillions in profit

That's a little exaggerated. However I will need any nairalander in Financial Control to explain further
Re: Revealed!! Banks Pay About N20 Billion In Staff Salary Anually by chloride6: 9:34pm On Jul 28, 2018
So?

How much is N20 billion?
Re: Revealed!! Banks Pay About N20 Billion In Staff Salary Anually by Inova(m): 10:42pm On Jul 28, 2018
chloride6:
So?

How much is N20 billion?

I want to believe you are just being sarcastic.....

N20 billion is about the amount required to procure a commercial banking licence from CBN (₦25B to be exact).

It is about the minimum required to be deposited with CBN as insurance for your money kept in the bank.

To you it looks small because of the brazzen theft you are used to hearing and seeing in the media.

1 Like

Re: Revealed!! Banks Pay About N20 Billion In Staff Salary Anually by chloride6: 11:12pm On Jul 28, 2018
Inova:

N20 billion is about the amount required to procure a commercial banking licence from CBN (₦25B to be exact).

It is about the minimum required to be deposited with CBN as insurance for your money kept in the bank.

To you it looks small because of the brazzen theft you are used to hearing and seeing in the media.

A tier 1 banks has at least 1 trillion in assets.

A net interest income of just 10 percent brings profits to 100 billion.

So I ask again, how much is 20 billion?
Re: Revealed!! Banks Pay About N20 Billion In Staff Salary Anually by Inova(m): 9:45am On Jul 29, 2018
chloride6:

A tier 1 banks has at least 1 trillion in assets.

A net interest income of just 10 percent brings profits to 100 billion.

So I ask again, how much is 20 billion?

Thanks for the information. While the question you further asked is not required.
Re: Revealed!! Banks Pay About N20 Billion In Staff Salary Anually by ifeanyija(m): 5:10pm On Jul 29, 2018
Inova:

That's a little exaggerated. However I will need any nairalander in Financial Control to explain further
i work with a pension fund administrator, we make trillions yearly
Re: Revealed!! Banks Pay About N20 Billion In Staff Salary Anually by ifeanyija(m): 5:41pm On Jul 29, 2018
Inova:

the banks are not complaining, since u don't know how banks make their money and how much they make yearly

(1) (Reply)

Recruitment For Audit Trainees At Oluokun Adeyemi And Co / New NGO Jobs Available (6 Positions) / Am Ready To Pay, Is Urgent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.