Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Iraqi Airways Sacks Two Pilots For Fighting In-flight Over Food - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Iraqi Airways Sacks Two Pilots For Fighting In-flight Over Food (452 Views)

Osun Pilgrims Protest Over Food Quality In Mecca (Video, Photos) / 2 Air France Pilots Suspended After Fighting In Cockpit / Private Jet Breaks Into 2 In South Carolina, Two Pilots Dead! (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iraqi Airways Sacks Two Pilots For Fighting In-flight Over Food by massmediang: 3:08pm On Jul 29, 2018
Iraqi Airways had sacked two pilots for fighting in-flight a food tray with 157 passengers plus crew onboard.
The incident occurred on a flight to the capital Baghdad from the Iranian city of Mashhad, with 157 travellers on board plus crew.

“Conversation with the pilot became heated because he forbade an air hostess from bringing me a meal tray, under the pretext that I hadn’t asked him for authorisation,” the co-pilot said in a letter addressed to Iraqi Airways management, seen by AFP.

The letter further stated that after the pilot had taken his own meal, he “hit and insulted (the co-pilot), prompting the arrival of a security agent”.

The ‘flying gladiators’ went on with their quarrel even after safely landing the plane in Baghdad.

“The pilot again hit and insulted” his colleague, the co-pilot said, admitting that he also lashed out: “I had to defend myself.”

AFP has not seen the pilot’s account of the incident and the airline did not detail when the scuffle took place.
See details here;
http://massmediang.com/iraqi-airways-sacks-two-pilots-for-fighting-in-flight-over-food-with-157-passengers-onboard/

Re: Iraqi Airways Sacks Two Pilots For Fighting In-flight Over Food by Nukilia: 3:53pm On Jul 29, 2018
A country of suicide bombers cheesy grin grin
Re: Iraqi Airways Sacks Two Pilots For Fighting In-flight Over Food by owelle22(m): 4:39pm On Jul 29, 2018
Nukilia:
A country of suicide bombers cheesy grin grin

una no dey forget something

1 Like

Re: Iraqi Airways Sacks Two Pilots For Fighting In-flight Over Food by bedspread: 5:31pm On Jul 29, 2018
ODIEGWU

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Fuel Tanker Loses Control, Plows Into A School Building (photos) / Please Guys I Need Travel Info About Barbados / Why I Got Arrested In Kenya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.