Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,062 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:30 AM

Romance |the Perfect Match #1 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Romance |the Perfect Match #1 (649 Views)

The Perfect Couple / Romance |the Perfect Match #2 / The Perfect Match(a Short Story By Blair) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Romance |the Perfect Match #1 by SlimAdenike(f): 4:45pm On Jul 29, 2018
Love and marriage is beautiful, but not to christian who enjoys his freedom as a bachelor or to Anastasia who was traumatized by her parent's marriage, these two vowed to stay single until their grandparents intervened.

Christian bloom is the most eligible bachelor and the heir to bloom innovative, a company at the cutting edge of technology. He told his parents he had no interest in marriage when he turned 20 but they assumed he would eventually meet someone special like they found one another and he would change his mind but till they died in a car accident 10 years later, he still didn't change his mind.

Christian's grandpa had been waited long enough for his grandson to change his mind since the demise of his son and daughter in-law five years ago but he seem to be content with his life which doesn't sit well with him, so he came up with the darnest plan to force his grandson.

He waited patiently in his study for his grandson to show up because he know he would once he discovers what he had planned, and right on queue christian stormed into the room ragging like an agitated bull, what was that grandpa? You plan to donate the family wealth and leave me without a penny?,"he asked

"Yes Chris, its mine and I plan to do as I please with it but if you do get married then I might just change my mind,"he said mischievously happy he got his head strong grandson's attention.

"Seriously grandpa? I won't dance to your tune so do as you please," Christian replied as he stormed out again.

Robert Bloom knew he had to do more to get christian to get married but right now he had a dinner party to attend, and he was running late.

Anastasia knows she is beautiful and she isn't bothered when people stop and stare at her, her long golden hair like a sun goddess and blue summer sky eyes with long limbs like a model, her 5 ft 9 height needs no heels and yet her walk is still graceful.

She walked into her grandparents house, she loves her grandparents a lot not because they raised her but her own parents caused her nothing but pain and her grandparents's house was her solace.

She beamed when she saw her sweet grandmother setting the table, "granny how are you?" She hugged her tight.

"Ana dear, how are you? I didn't know you will be coming for the anniversary, thought you were in Milan", her grandma hounded her with questions.

"How can I miss my grandparent's marriage anniversary grandma, moreover i miss you so much i couldn't wait to come over,"she said gleefully.

"Come darling, your grandpa will soon be down, the party is about to begin so go freshen up,"

Anastasia went to her old room where she stayed after her parents divorce, she loved it here, no fights or arguments unlike her parents house where they were always at each others throats, she often wondered why they got married or had her if they were both that miserable. She would never get married, so no child would suffer like she did, she thought to herself.

She freshened up like granny requested and felt truly refreshed, she dabbed on a little makeup since it was an indoor party, her favorite scent slightly behind her ears and threw on a summer gown and strap sandals and she was all set.

She slowly descended the stairs gracefully like a queen, she heard voices in the dinning room and knew her grandparents invited another guest, she walked in and saw a handsome old man in his late 70s seated beside her grandfather, he looks aristocratic despite his age and he smiled when he saw her,"you must Anastasia, you're just as beautiful as they said".

Puzzled Anastasia stared at her grandparents demanding to be introduced to the gentleman they've been loading with information about her.

"This is 'Mr Bloom' Anastasia, a very old friend of mine, you met him when you were a baby but that was years ago", her grandpa said.

"Nice to meet you Mr Bloom", Anastasia said eyeing the old man wondering where she had seen him before.

"We met when you were a cute bundle of joy at your christening Anastasia but building and running a huge company had deprived me of seeing you till now", he responded.

"You own bloom innovative,"Anastasia gasped, happy and flustered to be in the presence of a very important personality.

"Yes I do dear but its being run by my grandson right now so i get the chance to do what I have been too busy to do,"he answered with a smile, already liking this nice pretty girl.

"Now now lets eat before the food gets cold, we can do this later,"grandma scolded gently.

After dinner the elderly went to the patio while Anastasia ran upstairs to reply a mail. John, Anastasia's grandfather saw Robert's expression and knew something was bothering the great Bloom which is quiet unusual because he seemed to always have everything under control "What bothers the great Bloom", he joked hoping it might help.

"Christian refused to settle down and I am getting older by the day, death might come and he will be all alone and i do not want that so I took a drastic step to force him but i'm afraid he might hate me for doing what's best for him,"he answered devastated

"I understand my friend, Anastasia is giving us the same headache and yet she insists on being single for life so you're not alone", he replied.

"This is just perfect,"Martha Anastasia's grandma said gleefully looking like she found a lasting solution to the problem of both men.

The two men both raised an eyebrow in question waiting patiently for the solution.

"Anastasia and christian who doesn't believe in marriage will be the perfect match, we should match make them and all will be well".

It was like a light bulb went off in their heads, as they smiled loving the plan that will not only get their grandchildren married but also unite their families.

"But do you think we can get them to see one another because christian is so head strong and stubborn like his father,"Robert asked.

"It won't be easy but we have to do what it takes to make sure this plan works," Martha replied.

They heard footsteps and they knew Anastasia was on her way back so they changed the subject.

"Sorry I took so long," Anastasia apologized, my manager just mailed my schedule and i have the whole month to myself", she concluded gleefully, so what did I miss? She asked.

Robert was just telling us about his handsome grandson and how reliable and efficient he is,"john answered.

Anastasia smiled,"you must be so proud of him Mr Bloom.

"Call me Robert dear and enough about Chris tell me about you,"he replied.

"I'm sure you must have heard from my grandparents, i'm a webtoon writer and i also pick up photography when i'm done with a project and right now I am done with book tours, fan meetings and all, i have the month to myself.

"So you will be in town till the end of the month?", Robert questioned

Anastasia replied with a nod but missed the look the three elders gave one another, the dinner party came to an end and they saw Robert Bloom to his car and watched his chauffeur drove off.

Anastasia came down the stairs the next morning and saw her grandparents waiting for her with glum expression, wondering what happened to the beaming couple of last night so she questioned them", what's wrong?

"We have something to disclose dear so please have your seat", Martha said with a long face.

Fear gripped Anastasia because she knew her grandparents won't be like this except it's serious so she sat gingerly.

"We've been keeping something from you for a while but we feel guilty, so we've decided to come clean today.

We discovered three years ago that your grandma has a bad heart, the doctor warned against surgery but she was put on medications but the last check up came out negative, she has so little time".

Anastasia could barely hold her tears as she threw herself into her grandparents arms, she knew they were old but she never imagined her life without them especially her grandma, are you sure there is nothing that could be done? I could contact my manager to find the best doctor", she asked.

"All will be fine darling, death is not unusual at my age, I'm just worried about leaving you alone, i will be happy if you bring home a young man", Martha said obviously trying to prick at Anastasia's conscience.

Anastasia totally oblivious to their plan knew she has no young man to present since she doesn't take anybody serious, "i'm sorry grams but that's not gonna happen except you produce one,"she joked trying to lighten the mood.

"Then you can go out with Robert's grandson and if things can happen between you two", her grandpa suggested.

Anastasia stare at them knowing fully well she was cornered so she tried another strategy", how are you sure he is single?.

"Oh! he is dear, don't worry dear, just meet him, it will make us very happy if you do", he said and Anastasia just had to agree.

Christian bloom waited for the blind date, he lost the battle and he had to do as his grandfather wanted against his will, he impatiently checked the Rolex watch on his wrist again and grimace, the amazing girl that left a huge impression on his grandfather enough to be dragged down to the restaurant tonight was beyond late and he doesn't like to be kept waiting.

He was still contemplating taking his leave when he saw a tall blonde enter the restaurant, drop dead gorgeous with rich long wavey hair, eyes like the deep mysterious sea and legs that goes on forever. The little black dress she wore seem like a second skin, all the male turned to stare at the beautiful woman who smelled like a lush summer garden.

She scanned around and when she saw him seated close to the balcony she walked towards him like an experienced model on her black and silver stilettos.

"You must be christian? You're a replica of your grandpa just younger", she said and took a seat without an invitation.

Christian swore, his grandpa didn't tell him his blind date is a goddess, he would have come prepared but he shrugged and composed himself, it's not like he hasn't dated women more prettier than she is.

"Yes i am and i guess you're Anastasia,"he asked with a smug smile trying to suppress his heightened libido.

"Then let's get down to business so I can leave", she said and paused for the waiter who came to take their order and she continued when he left", i have no intention of getting married, my being here is just a courtesy and to make my dying grandma happy".

Christian sniffles a laugh and clears his throat", i was forced down here by my grandfather who seems to think i would be miserable when he dies so he is trying to find his replacement but i'm glad we are both in sync", he stood up and waved for the check", since we are both done, let's take our leave.

Anastasia scowled at him and waved him back to his seat, "do you think it will be easy to get them off our backs? No it won't so let's come up with a convincing plan", she said.

"You're right though,"christian frowned and scratch his head", i heard you will be in town for a month"

"Yes I will be and they will keep pestering me to go on dates with you", she sighed.

"Then let's date for a month, we will tell them things didn't work out", he suggested.

"Great idea, at least grams will nag at me less,"she replied with a smile", but we will have to play the part well or they will figure out that its all charades".

Christian stood up with a smile,"let me have your email so I can mail the whole plan to you", he said.

They exchanged contacts and walked out of the restaurants with a smile on their faces, glad they will play a trick on their tricky grandparents but if only they knew they were actually following the course of destiny....

https://steemit.com/fiction/@tomboy/romance-or-the-perfect-match-1-1a7a5601362c6

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

My Favourite Novels On Nairaland. / , / The Necklace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.