Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,397 members, 7,812,166 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:22 AM

FG To Begin Last Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerian Fans In Russia (pics) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FG To Begin Last Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerian Fans In Russia (pics) (19519 Views)

First Batch Of Stranded Nigerians In Sudan Arrive Abuja (Video, Photos) / Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border / Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Begin Last Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerian Fans In Russia (pics) by Magichand: 11:18pm On Jul 29, 2018
The Federal Government has assured that it would soon commence the last evacuation of Nigerian football fans stranded in Russia after 2018 World Cup Tournament.
The Embassy of Nigeria in Moscow, Russia, said this in a statement made available to newsmen by its First Secretary, Mr Desmond Nwosu, on Sunday in Abuja.
Nwosu urged the stranded fans to report at the Embassy for registration on July 30th, while the mission awaits flight information.
“In line with President Muhammadu Buhari’s directive to bring all stranded Nigerian fans who visited Russia for the 2018 FIFA World Cup back home, the government of Nigeria will carry out the last evacuation soon.
“Consequently, the Embassy of Nigeria in Moscow is requesting all Nigerians with fan ID and Nigerian passport to report to the embassy on Monday July 30, for registration,” he said.
Newsmen recall that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs had said that 75 out of 230 stranded Nigerian Football fans absconded in Russia after the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
The ministry’s Spokesperson, Dr Tope Fatile, said the fans absconded in spite of government’s efforts to repatriate them.
Fatile said that 230 stranded Nigerian football fans were profiled to board Ethiopian Airline to Abuja but at the last minute, only 155 boarded the flight that arrived Abuja on July 22.
He said that though they had the rights not to come back but it would be better for them to return because of the unfavorable weather in that country.
He said that if, however, they repented and decided to come back, the ministry was ever ready to assist them.
Fatile said that the federal government was ever willing to assist Nigerians at anytime, anywhere in the world.

News From Zenithnaija.com

More below:

https://zenithnaija.com/fg-to-begin-last-evacuation-of-stranded-nigerian-fans-in-russia/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To Begin Last Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerian Fans In Russia (pics) by Babiod: 11:27pm On Jul 29, 2018
make them leave them dey wan just escape for this country wey everybody dey suffer leave us.na weather be their karma.Some pple funny o.u go just go,no buy return ticket,money wey dem suppose use do better things like small scale business use the remaining subscribe watch am for ur house.Oga o.

10 Likes

Re: FG To Begin Last Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerian Fans In Russia (pics) by Sharpshooota: 11:30pm On Jul 29, 2018
Babiod:
make them leave them dey wan just escape for this country wey everybody dey suffer leave us.na weather be their karma.Some pple funny o.u go just go,no buy return ticket,money wey dem suppose use do better things like small scale business use the remaining subscribe watch am for ur house.Oga o.

Omo naija don cast

14 Likes

Re: FG To Begin Last Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerian Fans In Russia (pics) by Babiod: 11:36pm On Jul 29, 2018
Sharpshooota:

Omo naija don cast
Guy I agree buh travelling out without plan na great mistake abeg.he no make sense

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Begin Last Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerian Fans In Russia (pics) by Sharpshooota: 11:44pm On Jul 29, 2018
Babiod:

Guy I agree buh travelling out without plan na great mistake abeg.he no make sense

Make them go jump from 3rd mainland bridge ?
Re: FG To Begin Last Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerian Fans In Russia (pics) by Babiod: 11:48pm On Jul 29, 2018
Sharpshooota:

Make them go jump from 3rd mainland bridge ?
No b everybody go make am abroad,e no possible.look wetin happen for Libya,based on being desperate.If life dey hope still dey.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Begin Last Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerian Fans In Russia (pics) by SolutionMee: 11:53pm On Jul 29, 2018
Show off

Why trying to chase them outa their comfort zone

Misplaced priority

Those people are not even complaining
Re: FG To Begin Last Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerian Fans In Russia (pics) by Nonymartin(m): 4:55am On Jul 30, 2018
too bad
Re: FG To Begin Last Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerian Fans In Russia (pics) by frankbonus(m): 4:59am On Jul 30, 2018
Nawaaa even Russia has forgotten that they host world cup
Re: FG To Begin Last Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerian Fans In Russia (pics) by eseveli(m): 5:01am On Jul 30, 2018
bad as e bad for Russia I go stay..

1 Like

Re: FG To Begin Last Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerian Fans In Russia (pics) by seunlayi(m): 5:11am On Jul 30, 2018
Sharpshooota:

Omo naija don cast

Since 1914

1 Like

Re: FG To Begin Last Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerian Fans In Russia (pics) by Iruobean(m): 5:12am On Jul 30, 2018
Re: FG To Begin Last Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerian Fans In Russia (pics) by LordOrochimaru(m): 5:17am On Jul 30, 2018
Our ministry of foreign affairs is trying...

6 Likes

Re: FG To Begin Last Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerian Fans In Russia (pics) by dingbang(m): 5:19am On Jul 30, 2018
Lol... I trust Nigerians..they won't want to come back to their own country.

1 Like

Re: FG To Begin Last Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerian Fans In Russia (pics) by corenewsonline: 5:19am On Jul 30, 2018
Nice
Re: FG To Begin Last Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerian Fans In Russia (pics) by Authoreety: 5:21am On Jul 30, 2018
SolutionMee:
Show off

Misplaced priority

Uv said it all...

Yeye govt always laying rotten eggs
Re: FG To Begin Last Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerian Fans In Russia (pics) by banjeezay(m): 5:22am On Jul 30, 2018
Dem no dey finish fr tht russia ni
Re: FG To Begin Last Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerian Fans In Russia (pics) by dontbothermuch: 5:25am On Jul 30, 2018
grin
Look for this guy. Don't allow him escape

1 Like

Re: FG To Begin Last Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerian Fans In Russia (pics) by EponOjuku: 5:29am On Jul 30, 2018
The 500k they used in going to that Russia to sleep in the cold can start up a barbing salon, laundry shop and game centre. Instead, they decided to go and waste away in a foreign land.

Now that they're back, the FG should carry them from the airport straight to Kebbi let them go and plant rice. Let them work for the money FG used in repatriating them.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Begin Last Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerian Fans In Russia (pics) by Bellgal: 5:29am On Jul 30, 2018
seunlayi:

Since 1914
Really

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To Begin Last Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerian Fans In Russia (pics) by tesppidd: 5:41am On Jul 30, 2018
EponOjuku:
The 500k they used in going to that Russia to sleep in the cold can start up a barbing salon, laundry shop and game centre. Instead, they decided to go and waste away in a foreign land.

Now that they're back, the FG should carry them from the airport straight to Kebbi let them go and plant rice. Let them work for the money FG used in repatriating them.
grin

1 Like

Re: FG To Begin Last Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerian Fans In Russia (pics) by Amberon11: 5:41am On Jul 30, 2018
That the Nigerian govt is trying to rescue them should tell you something. You don't just want to be an illegal immigrant in Russia. Russia is not Western Europe,
they don't care at all. There's absolutely nothing like pardon or asylum. Nobody will employ an illegal alien and you definitely don't want to be out in the cold when winter starts.
SolutionMee:
Show off

Misplaced priority

8 Likes

Re: FG To Begin Last Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerian Fans In Russia (pics) by adeneeyee: 5:42am On Jul 30, 2018
Una vote Buhari things change finish, una want leave us for dis mess alone. Make FG bring them all make we dey roll dis administration continue. Nobody should go anywhere jaree. Lazy Nigerian

1 Like

Re: FG To Begin Last Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerian Fans In Russia (pics) by Offpoint: 5:42am On Jul 30, 2018
FTC, thank God for this massive achievement. a lot of people battle for this position for years without being successful, but I obtain favour today. I thank Glo for their improvement with internet speed recently, I thank my thumb for typing really fast this morning. a lot of enemies here will still try to claim I'm not the FTC on this thread, because they're be clouded with so much hate which has blinded their eyes from seeing this wonderful achievement of mine. to my village people that thought I won't be able to obtain this... I said NTOR.
Thanks to my sweetheart for her support towards this achievement, I thank her for those words of encouragement... [..."offpoint my baby keep trying you'll make it someday"] I can still hear her tiny voice in my head. Thanks baby, we've made it.

To those who read what I wrote up there till end and still reading this now.... that's my method of trying to find out if I'm the only jobless human on Nairaland, since you read this far then I guess I'm not.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Begin Last Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerian Fans In Russia (pics) by vioment: 5:42am On Jul 30, 2018
I just wan know who e dey vex pass for this mata

a) The FG B) The traveling fans C) Russian FG

i dun clear B comot for road; I suspect between A and C; for C, i know i think they don't want africos, for A, it could be various reasons both personal, religious, tribal, and official.
Re: FG To Begin Last Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerian Fans In Russia (pics) by Chiedu4Trump: 5:43am On Jul 30, 2018
Guys no suffer una sef, Christians From Nigeria Can Claim Political Asylum

Many western countries have a law that if u suffer from religious persecutions you can claim asylum.

The UK in particular is adamant that if u suffer from religious persecution that you can claim asylum.

Claim asylum in the UK
Contents
Overview
Eligibility
Documents you must provide
Register your asylum claim
After your screening
Asylum interview
Get a decision
Help you can get
If you're under 18

Eligibility
To stay in the UK as a refugee you must be unable to live safely in any part of your own country because you fear persecution there.

If you’re stateless, your own country is the country you usually live in.

This persecution must be because of:

your race
your religion
your nationality
your political opinion
anything else that puts you at risk because of the social, cultural, religious or political situation in your country, for example, your gender, gender identity or sexual orientation
You must have failed to get protection from authorities in your own country.

Your claim might not be considered if you:

are from an EU country
have a connection with another country you can claim asylum in, for example if you’ve claimed asylum in an EU country before arriving in the UK

Read https://www.gov.uk/claim-asylum/eligibility
Re: FG To Begin Last Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerian Fans In Russia (pics) by 1stNumeroUno: 5:44am On Jul 30, 2018
EponOjuku:

It's high time govt start disowning these people that'll travel to some country and looking for their way back. Who sold them one-way ticket? Abi na only them they suffer here ni? Shey dem no dey see people asking "which business can I start with N500" here on nairaland? Dem go con carry N500k to travel on a journey of probability.
cool

1 Like

Re: FG To Begin Last Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerian Fans In Russia (pics) by texazzpete(m): 6:05am On Jul 30, 2018
They should be given a mandatory one year jail term with hard Labour .
Can’t be using taxpayer funds to repatriate these criminals, TBH.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Begin Last Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerian Fans In Russia (pics) by Profayo: 6:06am On Jul 30, 2018
This pot should be able to cook up lies
Re: FG To Begin Last Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerian Fans In Russia (pics) by HolyTitus(m): 6:26am On Jul 30, 2018
Is this news real sha But, Why would they chose to come back here since Russia govt no disturb them ?
Re: FG To Begin Last Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerian Fans In Russia (pics) by Jexyme(f): 6:31am On Jul 30, 2018
So much noise about this evacuation..... Are they up to 5,000? This government is full of noisemaking jor undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Much Is Enough To Live In Oshogbo / Traders Die In Boat Mishap In Kebbi (Burial Photos) / Ojodu LCDA, Ikeja Donates Buses For The Ease Of Movement For Residents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.