Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,245 members, 7,815,353 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Car Buying Advice!!! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Buying Advice!!! (1587 Views)

Car Buying Tips / Best Car To Buy As A First Car: Car Buying Tips For First Time Buyers / 9 Most Common Car-buying Mistakes To Avoid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Buying Advice!!! by chikenicholas(m): 10:10am On Jul 30, 2018
Hello Fellow NLers, straight to the point. I need advice on what car to buy, please valuable advice is needed and will be appreciated.

Background
I recently sold my Toyota Big for Nothing (2003 Camry) and currently in the car market for a replacement. The car is for commuting to/fro work in Abuja (Lugbe to Central Area). My road is fairly okay aside when I have to go to remote places for iskanchi grin. My budget is between 1.8M and 2m. Tokunbo most preferred but I don't mind a very neatly used car.

The car experts in the house should share their opinion and recommendations on any of the car below

Toyota Corolla (2008 - 2012) - my concern is that it may be above my budget.

Toyota Matrix (2009 - 2012) - I like the look but noticed its not common and also concerned on the resale value

Toyota Camry (2007 - 2012) SE or XLE in I4 engine most preferred - the size is my concern

Honda Accord (2010 - ) - I love the interior of this car but concerned about the maintenance. The resale value is also low.

Avensis - I don't know much about this car but I feel it looks very strong and seems reliable

Any other cool car not in this list should also be included. I need both fuel economy and performance combined. I'm going to respond to further enquiries if you need.

Also sellers in Abuja can also contact me
Re: Car Buying Advice!!! by ately1(m): 12:55pm On Jul 30, 2018
toyota matrix 2009 2m .. Cotonou price.. call 08054606377
Re: Car Buying Advice!!! by chikenicholas(m): 4:10pm On Jul 30, 2018
ately1:
toyota matrix 2009 2m .. Cotonou price.. call 08054606377

Are you in Abuja?
Re: Car Buying Advice!!! by ately1(m): 7:12am On Aug 05, 2018
chikenicholas:

Are you in Abuja?
no badagry close to the border
Re: Car Buying Advice!!! by divinelove(m): 12:15pm On Aug 05, 2018
chikenicholas:
Hello Fellow NLers, straight to the point. I need advice on what car to buy, please valuable advice is needed and will be appreciated.

Background
I recently sold my Toyota Big for Nothing (2003 Camry) and currently in the car market for a replacement. The car is for commuting to/fro work in Abuja (Lugbe to Central Area). My road is fairly okay aside when I have to go to remote places for iskanchi grin. My budget is between 1.8M and 2m. Tokunbo most preferred but I don't mind a very neatly used car.

The car experts in the house should share their opinion and recommendations on any of the car below

Toyota Matrix (2008 - 2012) - I like the look but noticed its not common and also concerned on the resale value

Toyota Camry (2007 - 2012) SE or XLE in I4 engine most preferred - the size is my concern

Mazda 3 (2009 - 2013) - The car Looks good but also noticed its not common in naija. my concern is on maintenance cost

Honda Accord (2010 - ) - I love the interior of this car but concerned about the maintenance. The resale value is also low.

Avensis - I don't know much about this car but I feel it looks very strong and seems reliable

Any other cool car not in this list should also be included. I need both fuel economy and performance combined. I'm going to respond to further enquiries if you need.

I am interested in the car you just sold 2003 or 2005 camry. please what's your experience in using the car . I heard it's prone to engine problems as it came with factory fault. did u use the I4 or V6. what issues did u have with big daddy car generally n will u recommend it.

as for your query if not for costs corolla would have been preferred.
Re: Car Buying Advice!!! by lilkech(m): 1:34pm On Aug 05, 2018
Op you have so many options undecided could you narrow it down to just 2 or 3 so it becomes easier to reach a decision?
Re: Car Buying Advice!!! by chikenicholas(m): 10:52am On Aug 06, 2018
It was a cool car and simple car to own. I drove the I4 engine.

The major issue I have had with it is overheating and constant oil shortage. The first overheating it had resulted in change of top gasket and radiator. The second and third one was as a result of bad fan which I changed before selling it.

In terms of fuel consumption, I think its moderate but it can be better for a 2.4L engine. I do an average of 8.6Kilometre per Litre for consumption.

The parts are easily available and I spend about 8K every 2months for servicing. But it requires topping-up engine oil in between maintenance as it was always burning oil with no oil leak on the engine bay

Another issue is the legs (shaft) and suspension. They said its a normal issue with the car because of the bulk/size

Overall I think it was a decent car, it handles well and wasn't problematic. I sold it out of compulsion and need to upgrade.

I hope this helps

divinelove:

I am interested in the car you just sold 2003 or 2005 camry. please what's your experience in using the car . I heard it's prone to engine problems as it came with factory fault. did u use the I4 or V6. what issues did u have with big daddy car generally n will u recommend it.

as for your query if not for costs corolla would have been preferred.

Re: Car Buying Advice!!! by Julbu(m): 11:39am On Aug 06, 2018
Avensis is superb.... Fuel consumption is reasonable... My candid advice is that u should go for the avensis... 2007 version upward.. With reasonable price of about 1.5 upward u will get a good one....

1 Like

Re: Car Buying Advice!!! by Wisefinances01: 11:17am On Jun 26, 2019
chikenicholas:

Background

Toyota Matrix (2009 - 2012) - I like the look but noticed its not common and also concerned on the resale value

(1) (Reply)

HELP! My Volkswagen Golf MK4 Leaking Gear Oil / Lexus LS The Greatest Sedan Luxury Ever Made. More Facts About Lexus LS / Toks Lexus GS300 2006 For Sale At 2.6m Buzz In Need

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.