Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,799 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Man's Addictions To Meat - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Man's Addictions To Meat (1226 Views)

See The Meat A Nairalander Bought / Is There Anything Wrong In Eating Dog Meat? / Suya Meat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man's Addictions To Meat by ebere1712: 5:45am On Jun 18, 2010
Most a times when we talk about addiction, we think of things that our doctors or governments have warned us against. Things like cigarettes, chocolates, cocaine and so on. Undoubtedly, there are heaps more substances and things that man can be addicted to. Some we know and naturally condemn and some we know and choose to ignore. However there are some that we see but just don't think much about. One of  the addictions that falls into this category is man's addiction to meat. I am sure a lot of us have heard about the high calories in some types of meat and the grave consequences of eating too much meat. All these warnings are all good only that it highlights man's absolute selfishness. Man has not for once paused to think about the effects of its actions on animals and the environment. For example man took it upon itself to force animals to breed, to satisfy their addiction to meat. By so doing they over populate the earth; this is one of the major causes of global warming which is hitting Africa hardest. So when next the sun goes up to 100 degrees and threatens to burn you to ashes, be humble and say I accept the punishment for killing animals so brutally and feeding on them. This just one of man's numerous sins of selfishness.
Animals are living things that feel pain. However very few people have thought about the pain and distress they inflict on animals. No human being can claim to be better than a wild animal if we cant even refrain from slaughtering the weak animals amongst us. Over centuries man has killed animals and used them for food and clothing. Man has also gone further to be very dependent on meat and I guess very few people can go a week without meat. I used to eat meat until I started thinking about this. Please eat less meet and help mitigate the pain of these animals. Note that the animals that men use for food and mass produce are the often the helpless and friendly animals. So eat less meat and help reduce man's addiction to meat. When next you try to kill a chicken take a break and watch how scared the chicken is. Is your chicken meat worth that much to you. Be kind to animals, they feel pain and have emotions.
Re: Man's Addictions To Meat by Beaf: 6:13am On Jun 18, 2010
Anybody with a google map to Yaba left? grin
Meat and "scared" animals are the very last of Nigeria's problems.

1 Like

Re: Man's Addictions To Meat by Kobojunkie: 6:30am On Jun 18, 2010
Wait a sec . . . . So @Poster, did it ever occur to you that if man does not eat animals at all, they would still multiply and still be to blame, by people with your argument there, for global warming?

You do realize that without man, many of these species would only thrive and multiply to numbers even higher than what you have today?
Re: Man's Addictions To Meat by ebere1712: 10:22pm On May 04, 2012
Man's addiction to meat is wrong. Killing animals for your enjoyment is wrong. Animals where not created for you to slaughter. Be kind to animals and treat them with respect. Animals are not for food.
Re: Man's Addictions To Meat by Mynd44: 10:36pm On May 04, 2012
And who will punish carnivorous animals for eating other animals? Some people are just too distant from sanity
Re: Man's Addictions To Meat by Ndipe(m): 10:38pm On May 04, 2012
God has given mankind permission to eat animals. Read this: http://www.pointsoftruth.com/foodlaw.html

If you are a vegeterian, I have to pose this question to you, since plants are also living things, why do you eat them, or do you think they dont feel the pain of being cut?
Re: Man's Addictions To Meat by achi4u(m): 11:04pm On May 04, 2012
Ndipe: God has given mankind permission to eat animals. Read this: http://www.pointsoftruth.com/foodlaw.html

If you are a vegeterian, I have to pose this question to you, since plants are also living things, why do you eat them, or do you think they dont feel the pain of being cut?
tell her

1 Like

Re: Man's Addictions To Meat by ebere1712: 6:34am On May 05, 2012
God created man and gave him fruits for food. Before the fall of man, man lived on food. Man started farming animals after the fall of man (this is all according to your bible). God, according to the bible, put man in charge of animals, he didn't instruct them to eat animals. Man started eating animals, out of the wickedness of their own hearts.
Re: Man's Addictions To Meat by antartica(m): 7:57am On May 05, 2012
Too much meat,especially red meat is hazardous to man.But at the same time man is one of the culling tool use by nature to put the number of other animals in check.while bacteria and even the same red meat that man eats are some of the culling tools use by nature to put the population of man in check too.

Nature rejuvenates,man will by long gone while the socalled lesser animals will still be here.
Re: Man's Addictions To Meat by homerac7: 8:06am On May 05, 2012
Pack of rubbish. Argument deficient from all perspective. Maybe u should stop eating vegetables and fruits too, afterall they r living things too.

OP, abeg go get a good woman and let her show u d meaning of love. I one single solution to this ur confusion.
Re: Man's Addictions To Meat by Pain(m): 11:48am On May 05, 2012
@homerac where can I get a good woman to prepare me some roast beef and give me some good loving? Any leads/contacts. I haven't had any of both in a long while. :-)
Re: Man's Addictions To Meat by homerac7: 12:53pm On May 05, 2012
^

Lolzzzz. I no b love-vendor o! they r everywhere around u, just that u get what u bargain for.if u truly desire a good woman, just watch and act rightly, u will find one right around u. u don't hav to travel far.
Re: Man's Addictions To Meat by dasparrow: 4:44am On May 07, 2012
ebere1712: God created man and gave him fruits for food. Before the fall of man, man lived on food. Man started farming animals after the fall of man (this is all according to your bible). God, according to the bible, put man in charge of animals, he didn't instruct them to eat animals. Man started eating animals, out of the wickedness of their own hearts.

@Bolded

Please be careful how you tell lies on the Lord God Almighty. I am passionate about animals and their well being too but not passionate enough to incur the wrath of God Almighty upon my life by deliberately twisting around or misinterpreting biblical scriptures just to convince people of a point I am attempting to make. Find below what the bible says about meat consumption:

Genesis 9:3 King James Version (KJV)

Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

As you can see, God the Almighty, maker of heaven and earth gave man the permission to eat green herbs (meaning vegetables/plants) as well as all types of animals (Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you). I know you are anxious to convince people to stop eating meat but kindly refrain from lying about what God said. God is not a mere mortal like you and I and you do not want to incur His wrath by twisting His words around to promote an idealogy, belief or lifestyle. Just thought I point that out.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between The Two / Xmas Morning Beverages / Help! My Custard Is Not Thick And Attractive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.