Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,988 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:01 AM

What To Do If You Suspect You Are Being Followed While Driving - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What To Do If You Suspect You Are Being Followed While Driving (27138 Views)

Men Watching Big Buttocks While Driving, Cause Of Most Crashes In Ghana - Offici / Pelumi Nubi Involved In Accident While Driving By Road From London To Lagos / Man's Car Tumbles In Lagos After He Fell Asleep While Driving (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Do If You Suspect You Are Being Followed While Driving by Donald3d(m): 3:03am On Jul 31, 2018
Imagine, for some reasons, you are going back home very late. As you drive through the streets of Lagos, heading home, you notice this same car has being behind you for almost 20 minutes, even after you exited the major road and entered into streets. Don’t freak out just yet, we are going to learn some tips on what to do if you suspect you are being followed by another vehicle while driving, and how to get home safely.

1.Drive In Circles

This is to confirm you are actually being followed. Take four left or right turns and make sure you drive through the same road again (driving in circles), if the car is still behind you, then you have confirmed you are being followed. Similar rule can be applied if you are on the major/express road .Get off the major road into a street and turn through another street and get back on the same major road you came in from, if the car is still behind you, then its confirmed you are being followed.

WARNING: Before you divert into a street, make sure it’s not a CLOSE, so you don’t get boxed in !

2.Take Note Of The Plate Number Through Your Mirror

I know you would be panicking at this point, but taking note of the plate number and features of the vehicle following you, might come in handy later.

3.Maintain Enough Distance

Since we have established for a fact that you are being followed, its time to switch on survival mode. The first line of action is to maintain enough distance between your car and that which is following you.

Get ready to drive like James Bond, just in case the car increases speed and its turned into a hot pursuit.

4.Drive To A Police Checkpoint Or Station

At this point, going home is like suicide .Just drive to the closest police checkpoint or station and report the incidence and provide information (e.g. plate number and describe the vehicle).Or drive to the front of a military base, if there is one close by and report the incidence.

WARNING: I take God beg you.Please don't speed towards a police / military checkpoint or station. Your speed would be perceived as a potential threat and they might open fire(shoot at you).Please slow down when you are approaching the base or check point

If you drive to a checkpoint, most likely they would be arrested and questioned(since they just behind you) or they might drive away or change course out of fear.

5.Go Home If You Are Sure You Are No Longer Being Followed

You have to be very sure you are not being followed, they might switch vehicles !

6.Go Somewhere Else Far Away From Home

Depending on the way the police handles the issue, you might not need to do this. But we know how our men in black can be sometimes. If for some reasons they dismissed your claim, my brother, my sister, sleep in that station with Olopa ooo. Another option is to drive to a very secure hotel and lodge there , if Oga Olopa refused to help your condition. One more option is to call 112 or 767 and make a report.

Kindly make sure you call home(once you are settled ) and inform your family of your whereabouts so they don’t panic .While you lay low in the hotel, start thinking of which of your village people you offended grin grin grin

Don’t forget to share, you might be saving someone.

Written By Donald3d

https://autojosh.com/what-to-do-if-you-suspect-you-are-being-followed-while-driving/

104 Likes 21 Shares

Re: What To Do If You Suspect You Are Being Followed While Driving by menzino(m): 4:05am On Jul 31, 2018
U nailed it.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do If You Suspect You Are Being Followed While Driving by medexico(m): 4:13am On Jul 31, 2018
In this Nigeria, no Police go open fire.

3 Likes

Re: What To Do If You Suspect You Are Being Followed While Driving by Tolexander: 5:07am On Jul 31, 2018

4.Drive To A Police Checkpoint Or Station
At this point, going home is like suicide .Just
drive to the closest police checkpoint or station
and report the incidence and provide information
(e.g. plate number and describe the vehicle).Or
drive to the front of a military base, if there is
one close by and report the incidence.
The same police station Late Hon. Odunayo Olagbaju (Misty) drove to and was killed there in 2001.

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What To Do If You Suspect You Are Being Followed While Driving by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:19am On Jul 31, 2018
VERY VERY GOOD , INFORMATIVE AND EDUCATIVE THREAD.
Thanks OP for sharing.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What To Do If You Suspect You Are Being Followed While Driving by Nobody: 6:51am On Jul 31, 2018
Tolexander:
The same police station Late Hon. Odunayo Olagbaju (Misty) drove to and was killed there in 2001.
u mean the police officers picked race at the hear of gunshots undecided

4 Likes

Re: What To Do If You Suspect You Are Being Followed While Driving by chiommy123(f): 6:52am On Jul 31, 2018
I hope this works in this country. nice tips
Re: What To Do If You Suspect You Are Being Followed While Driving by inoki247: 12:09pm On Jul 31, 2018
i dey hear say drive go nearest police station u mean NYPD or NPF Nigeria Police Force... if iz twitter u can jus Follow bak...

7 Likes

Re: What To Do If You Suspect You Are Being Followed While Driving by BigSarah(f): 12:10pm On Jul 31, 2018
Taa off your car and enter bike, if you no get fuel inside car nko.?

Contact me for your braided wigs
Details in my signature

2 Likes

Re: What To Do If You Suspect You Are Being Followed While Driving by allanphash7(m): 12:10pm On Jul 31, 2018
Even Sebastian vettel will be a learner

3 Likes

Re: What To Do If You Suspect You Are Being Followed While Driving by atobs4real(m): 12:10pm On Jul 31, 2018
Different things for different folks.
Re: What To Do If You Suspect You Are Being Followed While Driving by queenbetsy(f): 12:10pm On Jul 31, 2018
If I'm being followed, I follow someone else tongue

16 Likes

Re: What To Do If You Suspect You Are Being Followed While Driving by tstx(m): 12:11pm On Jul 31, 2018
Two words Fast and Furious....

see my signature

1 Like

Re: What To Do If You Suspect You Are Being Followed While Driving by mytime24(f): 12:11pm On Jul 31, 2018
Anytime I see Buhari on TV, I quickly check my handbag if my PVC is still intact. No hard feelings.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What To Do If You Suspect You Are Being Followed While Driving by handsomeyinka(m): 12:11pm On Jul 31, 2018
If na me,

I GO JUST DRIVE TO THE NEAREST CEMENTRY RATHER THAN GOING TO A POLICE STATION.

1 Like

Re: What To Do If You Suspect You Are Being Followed While Driving by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 31, 2018
Great stuff!
Re: What To Do If You Suspect You Are Being Followed While Driving by oshe11: 12:11pm On Jul 31, 2018
OP next time copy post for Nigerians......

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do If You Suspect You Are Being Followed While Driving by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jul 31, 2018
post=69848432:
VERY VERY GOOD , INFORMATIVE AND EDUCATIVE THREAD.
Thanks OP for sharing.
Re: What To Do If You Suspect You Are Being Followed While Driving by nairalee(m): 12:13pm On Jul 31, 2018
OMG Op has lost touch with trending remedies..
The best solution is to keep driving till u locate the nearest forest. Then jump out of ur car, run into the deepest part of the forest and locate a tall iroko tree... Climb it and remain there for hours u'll be safe..
This is a tested and trusted remedy

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do If You Suspect You Are Being Followed While Driving by SniperSmurf(m): 12:15pm On Jul 31, 2018
allanphash7:

Na there I go turn Schumacher cheesy. Back tyre no fit catch front tyre.
Re: What To Do If You Suspect You Are Being Followed While Driving by anambraamaka: 12:15pm On Jul 31, 2018
Hope I don't have to use this information. They will not follow Me in Jesus name.

6 Likes

Re: What To Do If You Suspect You Are Being Followed While Driving by OhiOfIhima: 12:15pm On Jul 31, 2018
allanphash7:

The way u go tear race ba.. cheesy cheesy
Re: What To Do If You Suspect You Are Being Followed While Driving by Collysmith: 12:15pm On Jul 31, 2018
good development
Re: What To Do If You Suspect You Are Being Followed While Driving by OhiOfIhima: 12:17pm On Jul 31, 2018
handsomeyinka:
If na me,

I GO JUST DRIVE TO THE NEAREST CEMENTRY RATHER THAN GOING TO A POLICE STATION.

Nice tip up, if one can..
Re: What To Do If You Suspect You Are Being Followed While Driving by DONADAMS(m): 12:17pm On Jul 31, 2018
this is definitely for Americans...
Re: What To Do If You Suspect You Are Being Followed While Driving by handsomeyinka(m): 12:17pm On Jul 31, 2018
OhiOfIhima:

Nice tip up, if one can..
Lol..
Re: What To Do If You Suspect You Are Being Followed While Driving by 10kbelow: 12:18pm On Jul 31, 2018
Rear Mirror Dash Cam

Gives you extra security on the road you can't beat a dual lens dash cam capable of recording all that goes on behind the car as well as what's happening in front. With its front mounted mirror camera recording impressive 1080P video at 30 FPS you get a crystal clear image of the road ahead, while the rear camera helps identify and record hazards approaching from behind, such as speeding or reckless motorists. Good exposure settings and adjustable white balance means day or night you get great quality footage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What To Do If You Suspect You Are Being Followed While Driving by allanphash7(m): 12:20pm On Jul 31, 2018
Lol
SniperSmurf:

Na there I go turn Schumacher cheesy. Back tyre no fit catch front tyre.
Re: What To Do If You Suspect You Are Being Followed While Driving by allanphash7(m): 12:20pm On Jul 31, 2018
Na so now
OhiOfIhima:

The way u go tear race ba.. cheesy cheesy
Re: What To Do If You Suspect You Are Being Followed While Driving by Offpoint: 12:23pm On Jul 31, 2018
Lol, the one tracing me should be the one in danger... AK-7 wasn't invented for decoration and trunk wasn't made for luggage alone. if you know you know

3 Likes

Re: What To Do If You Suspect You Are Being Followed While Driving by seyigiggle: 12:26pm On Jul 31, 2018
how would you know you are trailed if you do not pay attention to your side mirrors? Good topic though.
Re: What To Do If You Suspect You Are Being Followed While Driving by eodavids(m): 12:27pm On Jul 31, 2018
Op, it's a good thread. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Car Collides With A Keke Napep At Igando Lagos (photos). / 22-Year-Old Nigerian Man Dies In The US After His Car Crashed (Photo) / Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On Europe Bound Migrant Ship (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.