Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,095 members, 7,818,283 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

I Just Bought Fake Iphone 6s Plus - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / I Just Bought Fake Iphone 6s Plus (3193 Views)

Seems I Bought Fake Oraimo Power Bank / Pls Who Knows About Ecart Internet Service ? I Just Received A Credit Alert Fro / SOLD!!.! - Iphone 6s Plus 64GB Clone For Sale!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Just Bought Fake Iphone 6s Plus by taiiremide: 11:55am On Jul 31, 2018
This should be an eye opener for everyone on this forum. Due to the nature of my job, I wanted to get myself iPhone 6s plus because of the high pixels and a lot more. I asked a friend in UK to help buy one and send to Nigeria. He searched for the price but too pricy for me, he advice I get one in Nigeria. So I decided to settle for Nigeria used iPhone.

I searched olx and check their price ranges, some 100plus while some 85 to 90k. I called a guy selling for 85k and we agreed on 70k. We booked an appointment and we met the following day. I checked the phone, I was a bit skeptical about it but the guy shown me receipt (over 200plus). He said since I came from far place (igando) that he'll give me discount of 5k. So I transferred 65k to his account through ATM at Kola bus stop after Abule Egba.

When i got home, I was checking through the phone and I saw (bettery information) the battery was wrongly spelt. I was surprised, how could a whole Apple company misspelled battery. It now down on me that I been scam. I later made some research online on how to identify fake iPhone. It was a big shock to me. I lost whole 65k just like that.

I called the guy, he admitted he sold fake iPhone to me, he promised to send 30k to me, up till now he never sent anything to my account. It's very painful but I want others to learn from my mistake.

Pls if you know anyway I can recover this money pls advice. His number 07012440132

Thank you.
Re: I Just Bought Fake Iphone 6s Plus by sotall(m): 12:05pm On Jul 31, 2018
grin grin grin
Re: I Just Bought Fake Iphone 6s Plus by itiswellandwell: 12:09pm On Jul 31, 2018
If we tell u na say, when it's too cheap. You guys should be careful. You guys will rain insults on we nairaland sellers here saying we are too greedy. That guy will not send anything to you. Forget it! But, am still wondering, upon all the numerous iPhone available for sale here on nairaland. You went to olx all because of awoof.

Wish you all the best and awoof free and scam free in your future transactions.

1 Like

Re: I Just Bought Fake Iphone 6s Plus by wane01(m): 12:11pm On Jul 31, 2018
tongue tongue grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Just Bought Fake Iphone 6s Plus by taiiremide: 12:13pm On Jul 31, 2018
itiswellandwell:
If we tell u na say, when it's too cheap. You guys should be careful. You guys will rain insults on we nairaland sellers here saying we are too greedy. That guy will not send anything to you. Forget it! But, am still wondering, upon all the numerous iPhone available for sale here on nairaland. You went to olx all because of awoof.

Wish you all the best and awoof free and scam free in your future transactions.

So 70k is too cheap for naija use iphone
Re: I Just Bought Fake Iphone 6s Plus by sotall(m): 12:19pm On Jul 31, 2018
taiiremide:

So 70k is too cheap for naija use iphone
Dont mind him jare...it's not too cheap at 70k

Just manage the one you bought. Its the original one.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Bought Fake Iphone 6s Plus by taiiremide: 1:04pm On Jul 31, 2018
sotall:

No wonder, u dey sell phones, na why u dey talk anyhow
Re: I Just Bought Fake Iphone 6s Plus by GRACEGLORY: 1:16pm On Jul 31, 2018
taiiremide:

This should be an eye opener for everyone on this forum. Due to the nature of my job, I wanted to get myself iPhone 6s plus because of the high pixels and a lot more. I asked a friend in UK to help buy one and send to Nigeria. He searched for the price but too pricy for me, he advice I get one in Nigeria. So I decided to settle for Nigeria used iPhone.

I searched olx and check their price ranges, some 100plus while some 85 to 90k. I called a guy selling for 85k and we agreed on 70k. We booked an appointment and we met the following day. I checked the phone, I was a bit skeptical about it but the guy shown me receipt (over 200plus). He said since I came from far place (igando) that he'll give me discount of 5k. So I transferred 65k to his account through ATM at Kola bus stop after Abule Egba.

When i got home, I was checking through the phone and I saw (bettery information) the battery was wrongly spelt. I was surprised, how could a whole Apple company misspelled battery. It now down on me that I been scam. I later made some research online on how to identify fake iPhone. It was a big shock to me. I lost whole 65k just like that.

I called the guy, he admitted he sold fake iPhone to me, he promised to send 30k to me, up till now he never sent anything to my account. It's very painful but I want others to learn from my mistake.

Pls if you know anyway I can recover this money pls advice. His number 07012440132

Thank you.

I've been a victim to such situation a couple of times: there was this one, I bought me a fake swatch from some up coming entertainer, he's now a top shot, I'd withhold his name, for his sake. Brand new watch, I was skeptical too, but went ahead anyway. So, I stopped by a swatch store at Allen to find out I just threw away my money. I called him, and lamented, he promised to refund at month end. The month is yet to end bro. grin

But a strong lesson: always research how to identify fake before you go to purchase, take your time to inspect thorough. While inspecting go online to confirm model, look, and serial number too. Pay attention to details.

I'm a trader too, and I give room for thorough scrutiny.

1 Like

Re: I Just Bought Fake Iphone 6s Plus by dulux07(m): 1:17pm On Jul 31, 2018
I guess u didn't take your time to check the phone, or probably u know little about iphone before buying it.

I always do my comprehensive research about a phone i intend buying, so when i meet the seller, i take my time to check, to make sure it isn't fake, or faulty.

1 Like

Re: I Just Bought Fake Iphone 6s Plus by adabsmith(m): 1:31pm On Jul 31, 2018
Kikiki
Re: I Just Bought Fake Iphone 6s Plus by taiiremide: 2:41pm On Jul 31, 2018
dulux07:
I guess u didn't take your time to check the phone, or probably u know little about iphone before buying it.

I always do my comprehensive research about a phone i intend buying, so when i meet the seller, i take my time to check, to make sure it isn't fake, or faulty.

My first time holding iPhone, I don't really fancy iPhone but I fell in love with it when I take my time to do proper review
Re: I Just Bought Fake Iphone 6s Plus by StPete: 2:53pm On Jul 31, 2018
Sorry about your predicament though, but there are several credible sources on nairaland you could have consulted rather than OLX of all places shocked
I've never and will never buy anything on OLX. Though I have once been scammed here, I didn't do due diligence at the time. Not anymore though.

By the way, in case you still want to still buy an iphone 6s, I have one for sale. My personal phone, authentic and fully functional.

4 Likes

Re: I Just Bought Fake Iphone 6s Plus by iamkunski: 2:56pm On Jul 31, 2018
Even a 16gb iPhone 6s Plus that is advertised anything less than 85k is either faulty or fake.

4 Likes

Re: I Just Bought Fake Iphone 6s Plus by taiiremide: 2:57pm On Jul 31, 2018
GRACEGLORY:

I've been a victim to such situation a couple of times: there was this one, I bought me a fake swatch from some up coming entertainer, he's now a top shot, I'd withhold his name, for his sake. Brand new watch, I was skeptical too, but went ahead anyway. So, I stopped by a swatch store at Allen to find out I just threw away my money. I called him, and lamented, he promised to refund at month end. The month is yet to end bro. grin

But a strong lesson: always research how to identify fake before you go to purchase, take your time to inspect throughly. While inspecting go online to confirm model, look, and serial number too. Pay attention to details.

I'm a trader too, and I give room for thorough scrutiny.

I never thought a day like this would come. One riff-raff scammed me. Too bad.
Re: I Just Bought Fake Iphone 6s Plus by taiiremide: 2:59pm On Jul 31, 2018
iamkunski:
Even a 16gb iPhone 6s Plus that is advertised anything less than 85k is either faulty or fake.

This guy put 85k I price 70k and he agreed. IPhone 6s plus naija use, not UK use o,isnt bad for 70k
Re: I Just Bought Fake Iphone 6s Plus by wildchild1: 2:59pm On Jul 31, 2018
sotall:

Wicked cry cry cry
Re: I Just Bought Fake Iphone 6s Plus by wildchild1: 3:07pm On Jul 31, 2018
taiiremide:

This guy put 85k I price 70k and he agreed. IPhone 6s plus naija use, not UK use o,isnt bad for 70k

Why is okay at 70k? Most of y'all don't understand business. Just like someone said anything less than 100k should be thoroughly checked.

For your info, there's no difference between UK used and Naija used phone, they're both used. Your notion that naija used should be cheaper is what resulted to you being scammed.

Next time when you wanna buy a product you know nothing about, seek for professional help and find out the exact market price. If its too cheap, its most likely scam.

1 Like

Re: I Just Bought Fake Iphone 6s Plus by taiiremide: 3:29pm On Jul 31, 2018
I've learnt my lesson in hard way, funny thing, I can afford the UK used even brand new, I dunno why I choose to buy naija used.
Re: I Just Bought Fake Iphone 6s Plus by wills2437(m): 5:31pm On Jul 31, 2018
I sure na Android iPhone,make I buy am 15k
Re: I Just Bought Fake Iphone 6s Plus by taiiremide: 5:51pm On Jul 31, 2018
wills2437:
I sure na Android iPhone,make I buy am 15k

Every other thing dey work, expect say na fake iPhone. A friend even advice I should resell it but my conscience won't allow me.

If you're serious I can give u for 30k
Re: I Just Bought Fake Iphone 6s Plus by Idboyostic(m): 6:04pm On Jul 31, 2018
taiiremide:
I've learnt my lesson in hard way, funny thing, I can afford the UK used even brand new, I dunno why I choose to buy naija used.
when it's too cheap to be true..... The best you can do is to get a professional.

You were scammed because you know nothing about it.... From the price, you should have known is probably a scam. Why I said probably is because a stolen phone might be sold for that amount but like someone said you can't get iPhone 6s plus for less than 100 because the used is more than 130k if my guessed is right.

You can't even get iPhone 6 plus for 65k except is faulty or stolen.
Re: I Just Bought Fake Iphone 6s Plus by taiiremide: 6:23pm On Jul 31, 2018
You're right, I know nothing about it
Re: I Just Bought Fake Iphone 6s Plus by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jul 31, 2018
Too bad, if I want to buy anything from anyone, I don’t rush. I’ll take my time to make sure I’m 100% certain of what I’m buying, even if it takes 1 hour (yes! Na my money).

The location must be comfortable for me not bus stops or banks or anything of that sort. I feel your pain man.
Re: I Just Bought Fake Iphone 6s Plus by StPete: 6:55pm On Jul 31, 2018
Reminds me of years back when the iPhone 5s first came out and I was eager to buy. Contacted one guy from “tradestable.com” who wanted to sell it. The guy pressured me to come to ikeja to buy and even at the cost of the original. But my instincts told me to compel him to meet me half way.

Long story short, the guy brought the phone. I went to withdraw money with my atm, gave him. I told him to wait while I examined the phone. It was looking clean and all, but been that I was using an iPhone 5, I noticed the difference in font of the apps. Something just wasn’t right. I quickly collected back my money while insisting it was fake. After several denials, he finally admitted and started begging me to give him transport. I just pilled out a 1000 note, gave him and went my way
Re: I Just Bought Fake Iphone 6s Plus by Proffdada: 6:58pm On Jul 31, 2018
Olx of all places! grin
Re: I Just Bought Fake Iphone 6s Plus by Mercurypanther(m): 7:35pm On Jul 31, 2018
Its very much Easy to get your money back from him. Its going to take process. Got to a police station,make a statement then follow it with Your bank and the Guy's Account will Be Flagged as Fraud and upon that he will be arrested. Then once he's apprehended you'll get your Money in Full. Even with Interest...

1 Like

Re: I Just Bought Fake Iphone 6s Plus by ceejay80s(m): 8:49pm On Jul 31, 2018
StPete:
Reminds me of years back when the iPhone 5s first came out and I was eager to buy. Contacted one guy from “tradestable.com” who wanted to sell it. The guy pressured me to come to ikeja to buy and even at the cost of the original. But my instincts told me to compel him to meet me half way.

Long story short, the guy brought the phone. I went to withdraw money with my atm, gave him. I told him to wait while I examined the phone. It was looking clean and all, but been that I was using an iPhone 5, I noticed the difference in font of the apps. Something
just wasn’t right. I quickly collected back my money while insisting it was fake. After several denials, he finally admitted and started begging me to give him transport. I just pilled out a 1000 note, gave him and went my way
na una dey encourage this thieves, he knew the iPhone is fake and wanted to sell to u, u still gave him 1k for transport? if he had gone with the money and u found out the phone is fake , do u think he will refund 1penny to u?

1 Like

Re: I Just Bought Fake Iphone 6s Plus by princemillla(m): 9:11pm On Jul 31, 2018
Am still laughing here walai

"Batiri" battery cheesy

The stingy fellow plenty here..... 60k for s7 edge , IPhone 6s plus 64 gig 65k cheesy

I feel ur pain man. Av been a victim too tho. In fact my own ehn the guy wear suit looking daper come scam me of 8k. cheesy na then I wise up
Re: I Just Bought Fake Iphone 6s Plus by StPete: 10:09pm On Jul 31, 2018
ceejay80s:

na una dey encourage this thieves, he knew the iPhone is fake and wanted to sell to u, u still gave him 1k for transport? if he had gone with the money and u found out the phone is fake , do u think he will refund 1penny to u?

Felt bad for him though after spending his money coming to meet me halfway. And he was almost in tears begging. Lesson learnt sha
Re: I Just Bought Fake Iphone 6s Plus by wills2437(m): 10:23am On Aug 01, 2018
taiiremide:

Every other thing dey work, expect say na fake iPhone. A friend even advice I should resell it but my conscience won't allow me.

If you're serious I can give u for 30k
serious buyer if u agree bro
Re: I Just Bought Fake Iphone 6s Plus by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 01, 2018
too bad! I fell a victim too when I needed a spare phone early this year via a criminal couple I met on nairaland /olx!.... I'm on the lookout for them,

I'll teach them some bitter lessons.
too many criminals on the loose!
Re: I Just Bought Fake Iphone 6s Plus by taiiremide: 10:53am On Aug 01, 2018
wills2437:
serious buyer if u agree bro

You're heartless o. 15k for phone I bought 70k, I rather dash it out.

(1) (2) (Reply)

*SOLD*Samsung Z fold 4 Standing Cover/S21 Ultra Case With S Pen Available / Duracell Power Bank / SOLD SOLD Hp Pavilion: 8th Gen I7, 16gb Ram, 4gb Nvidia MX150 SOLD SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.