Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,884 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

The Wait Is Over As The Hifl Games Officially Kicks Off - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Wait Is Over As The Hifl Games Officially Kicks Off (4985 Views)

HiFL 2019: UNILORIN, OAU, LASU, UNICAL, UNIBEN, Others Advance to Quarter Final / HIFL 2019: UNILAG Knocked Out As OAU, Others Advance To Next Round / Nigerian Universities Participating In HiFL Trolls One Another On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Wait Is Over As The Hifl Games Officially Kicks Off by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:35pm On Jul 31, 2018
All road leads to Akoka, Lagos as the UNILAG Marines take on the UNIBEN Royals at the opening match of the 2018 Higher Institutions Football League (HiFL®) proudly sponsored by Stanbic IBTC.

The match fixtures were revealed at the HiFL® 2018 Draws which held in Lagos recently. During the draws, the 16 institutions were split into two conferences; Sahel for Northern schools and Coastal for Southern schools. Conferences were also further placed in zones.

Coastal A opens with the battle for supremacy between the UNILAG Marines and the UNIBEN Royals while the UI Pioneers take on the OAU Giants. The Coastal B has the UNN Lions going against the UNICAL Malabites and the UNIPORT Sharks against the DELSU Titans.

In the Sahel A Conference, the battle between BUK Stallions and the UDU Sultans promises to be an explosive one. The Unilorin Warriors will also slug it out with the ABU Nobles. To round off the preliminary fixtures, in Sahel B, ATBU Bravehearts go leg to leg with the UNIJOS Highlander for pride and glory and lastly UNIMAID Dessert Warriors and UAM Tillers.

The first legs of the games have been scheduled for August 1 and 8 while the second leg will take place on August 15 and 22 across the two zones.

The kickoff games scheduled to hold on the 1st of August 2018 at the University of Lagos Sports Centre, by 4pm. The star match between the UNILAG Marines and the UNIBEN Royals promises great excitement as Executives of NUGA, NUC, and NFF alongside renowned ex-Internationals and top football administrators prepare to grace the exciting duel with their presence.

In a bid to grow collegiate sports in Nigeria, Higher Institutions Football League (HiFL®) was, launched this year. HiFL® was created by PACE Sports and Entertainment Marketing, and managing in partnership with NUGA. HiFL® is the first organized collegiate football league in the country and has received approval by the Nigerian University Games Association (NUGA) and endorsed by the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF). It is overseen by the National Universities Commission (NUC) and the Committee of Vice-Chancellors (CVC).

For more information and specific match fixtures you can check the HiFL® website ( http://hiflng.com/about/ ) and its social media platforms on: 
Twitter: @hiflnigeria 
Facebook: HiFL Nigeria
Instagram: @hiflnigeria 

The different teams also have social media handles so football lovers from the various institutions, students and alumni can follow and engage their teams online.

1 Like

Re: The Wait Is Over As The Hifl Games Officially Kicks Off by eezeribe(m): 11:37pm On Jul 31, 2018
OK

1 Like

Re: The Wait Is Over As The Hifl Games Officially Kicks Off by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:38pm On Jul 31, 2018
Coastal A opens with the battle for supremacy between the UNILAG Marines and the UNIBEN Royals

2 Likes

Re: The Wait Is Over As The Hifl Games Officially Kicks Off by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:40pm On Jul 31, 2018
The Coastal B has the UNN Lions going against the UNICAL Malabites

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Wait Is Over As The Hifl Games Officially Kicks Off by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:42pm On Jul 31, 2018
In the Sahel A Conference, the battle between BUK Stallions and the UDU Sultans promises to be an explosive one.

1 Like

Re: The Wait Is Over As The Hifl Games Officially Kicks Off by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:44pm On Jul 31, 2018
ATBU Bravehearts go leg to leg with the UNIJOS Highlander for pride and glory

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Wait Is Over As The Hifl Games Officially Kicks Off by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:45pm On Jul 31, 2018
In every fixture, the man of the match will be awarded one of these MoTM trophies

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Wait Is Over As The Hifl Games Officially Kicks Off by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:52pm On Jul 31, 2018
Meanwhile, students and alumni of participating institutions have already started identifying with their teams

1 Like

Re: The Wait Is Over As The Hifl Games Officially Kicks Off by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:53pm On Jul 31, 2018
More

1 Like

Re: The Wait Is Over As The Hifl Games Officially Kicks Off by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:54pm On Jul 31, 2018
More

All the way from the rig

1 Like

Re: The Wait Is Over As The Hifl Games Officially Kicks Off by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:55pm On Jul 31, 2018
More

1 Like

Re: The Wait Is Over As The Hifl Games Officially Kicks Off by fruqy(m): 7:33am On Aug 01, 2018
Nice one.
Re: The Wait Is Over As The Hifl Games Officially Kicks Off by emmyw(m): 7:38am On Aug 01, 2018
Where Is UI?

check Livescores Here www. startipsguide.com
Re: The Wait Is Over As The Hifl Games Officially Kicks Off by obami007(m): 7:39am On Aug 01, 2018
Unique Uniport Sharks all the way
Re: The Wait Is Over As The Hifl Games Officially Kicks Off by Platinumay(m): 7:41am On Aug 01, 2018
UNILAG MARINES all the way!!!!

1 Like

Re: The Wait Is Over As The Hifl Games Officially Kicks Off by Aspireahead(m): 7:42am On Aug 01, 2018
UNN LIONS 0- 4 UNICAL MALABITE

2 Likes

Re: The Wait Is Over As The Hifl Games Officially Kicks Off by Yinxies(f): 7:44am On Aug 01, 2018
I rep YABATECH
Re: The Wait Is Over As The Hifl Games Officially Kicks Off by eugenela(m): 7:44am On Aug 01, 2018
Gnod one! #aluta_continua
Re: The Wait Is Over As The Hifl Games Officially Kicks Off by hotplate: 7:47am On Aug 01, 2018
I trust my Alma metre AAU all the way... but why was it not introduced when I was still in school, this a cool opportunity to play for the super eagles.

1 Like

Re: The Wait Is Over As The Hifl Games Officially Kicks Off by fratermathy(m): 7:47am On Aug 01, 2018
Why did they not make plans for live airing of the matches? Do they expect fans and enthusiasts to travel to all the stadia to watch the fixtures? Partnering with a satellite TV station shouldn't be too hard. They can even use the Internet and stream the matches live.

By the way, DELSU Titans 100%! My alma mater!
Re: The Wait Is Over As The Hifl Games Officially Kicks Off by HigherEd: 7:57am On Aug 01, 2018
And why are private universities not included in these hifl competition. The private universities do theirs separately and the public universities do their separately. Not right at all...
Re: The Wait Is Over As The Hifl Games Officially Kicks Off by Pavore9: 7:59am On Aug 01, 2018
Live transmission of the matches would go a long way.

1 Like

Re: The Wait Is Over As The Hifl Games Officially Kicks Off by MrOjay1(m): 8:04am On Aug 01, 2018
I'll watch the UNN vs UNICAL game live

I pray we win

Go Lions!

smiley

If you are also a student of UNN on here,hit me up lets meet and greet.

1 Like

Re: The Wait Is Over As The Hifl Games Officially Kicks Off by natureem: 8:13am On Aug 01, 2018
Unilag Marines all the way, #CaptJackSparrow on board

2 Likes

Re: The Wait Is Over As The Hifl Games Officially Kicks Off by Buhari2019: 8:21am On Aug 01, 2018
I think we have two teams in this competition. Uniben Royals and others. Quote me anywhere

1 Like

Re: The Wait Is Over As The Hifl Games Officially Kicks Off by Charleslewizy(m): 8:22am On Aug 01, 2018
Unical Malabites all the way #malabitesway
Re: The Wait Is Over As The Hifl Games Officially Kicks Off by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 01, 2018
UAM tillers all the way.
Re: The Wait Is Over As The Hifl Games Officially Kicks Off by simplemusic(m): 8:46am On Aug 01, 2018
Nigeria is a trash country and Nigerians themselves can't seem to get it this hifl of a thing is not only an attempt to decieve and defraud some international organizations but this people are now playing with the destiny and careers of Nigeria students because it reminds me of anonian games where a group of schools will come together to host a competition while inviting people with money to donate but at the end of it all only the principal from each school will see the money there will be no impact why do I say this because I participated in anonia long jump to be precise I did not get anything feed myself thought out only to see my school principal buy two cars just after the competition,pls let's stop deceiving our children its not fair how many unis have a good stadiums to play this games ehh,this tomfoolery has to stop its going too far.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mahrez Completes €55m Man Utd Move / “we’ll Give ONE WEEK Of Free Sex If Eagles Wins The Cup / [REVEALED] England's Dele Alli Schooled In Lagos; Father Is A Multi-millionaire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.