Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,856 members, 7,817,539 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

Is The Use Of Roof Racks For Loading Legal In Nigeria? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is The Use Of Roof Racks For Loading Legal In Nigeria? (1312 Views)

Someone Converted A Private Jet Into A Luxurious $5m Street-legal Party Limo / Driver Covers Himself With Umbrella While Driving An Open-roof Benz In The Rain / What Is The Use Of Neutral Gear In An Automatic Transmission Car? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is The Use Of Roof Racks For Loading Legal In Nigeria? by Gagare1(m): 8:42am On Aug 01, 2018
My experience while travelling to Jalingo for NYSC gave birth to a question for which am yet to find an answer. I even sent an email to FRSC on the issue but got no reply. I checked their offences and penalties sheet and nothing was said about the issue. Is it legal to apply load on roof racks in Nigeria? If yes, why then do commercial transport companies like Kano Line, Jigawa Sunrise, Borno Express, Benue Links e.t.c prefer to sandwich passengers and goods in their buses? Or why will individual commercial drivers of Sharan minivans, golf 3, Vectra, and their likes prefer to have an open boot (illegal) than to install and use a roof rack?
I know some people may present the increased drag force argument but I browsed the internet and discovered that aerodynamic roof racks are available (and they look classy too). You can also get Tunde the welder to construct one for you if you cannot afford the factory-made roof rack for your vehicle model.

(1) (Reply)

Catalyst Converter Good Or Bad News For Peugeot 406 / This Super Strong Russian Camel Pulled A Stuck Lada SUV Out Of The Snow / 7 Ways To Keep Your Car As Good As New

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.