Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,034 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Mateo Kovacic Rejects £53 Manchester United Move Due To Mourinho’s Playing Style - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mateo Kovacic Rejects £53 Manchester United Move Due To Mourinho’s Playing Style (30325 Views)

Odion Ighalo: I Took Pay Cut To Secure Manchester United Move / Mateo, Lionel Messi’s Son Hailed After Handing Father's Golden Shoe / Leo Messi's Son, Mateo, Celebrates Real Betis Goal Vs Barca, Suarez Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mateo Kovacic Rejects £53 Manchester United Move Due To Mourinho’s Playing Style by Nobody: 1:29pm On Aug 01, 2018
Mateo Kovacic has rejected the chance to join Manchester United after a €60 million (£53m) offer was submitted to Real Madrid, according to reports in Spain. Jose Mourinho is keen on bolstering his squad ahead of the new season and is confident that United will sign at least one more player before the transfer window closes next Thursday. Kovacic, meanwhile, has already expressed his desire to leave Real Madrid this summer after failing to hold down a regular first-team place at the Santiago Bernabeu. ‘When I don’t play of course I’m not happy. I’ve enjoyed these three years in Madrid hugely, with incredible teammates, winning trophies,’ the midfielder said last month. ‘But I haven’t been completely happy because my contribution to all of this has not been the biggest and it’s something I want to change.’

The Croatia international was signed in a £22.5m deal from Inter three years ago but has only started 37 La Liga games since then. According to Marca, Mourinho is aware that Kovacic is keen on joining a new club this summer and United have submitted a bid to Madrid. But while Kovacic remains intent on leaving the Champions League holders, the midfielder does not want to join United, primarily due to the concerns he has over the team’s playing style under Mourinho.

United have sent an intermediary, Vlado Lemic, to help broker the deal with Madrid but Marca claim that Kovacic has major reservations about a move to Old Trafford. Madrid, meanwhile, are keen to keep the 24-year-old at the club. Kovacic is due to return to pre-season training with Madrid in the coming days after featuring for Croatia at the World Cup and Julen Lopetegui will attempt to convince the midfielder to stay at the Santiago Bernabeu for another season.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/08/01/real-madrid-midfielder-mateo-kovacic-rejects-manchester-united-move-due-jose-mourinhos-playing-style-7784965/

2 Likes

Re: Mateo Kovacic Rejects £53 Manchester United Move Due To Mourinho’s Playing Style by bedspread: 1:32pm On Aug 01, 2018
I See Mourinho sacked this Season...
Not necessarily for Performance but for Squad Morale...

Prophecy FUFILLED!! 18th Dec 2018

25 Likes

Re: Mateo Kovacic Rejects £53 Manchester United Move Due To Mourinho’s Playing Style by Tomoyayi(m): 1:40pm On Aug 01, 2018
bedspread:

They should sack him now and get Zidane abeg

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mateo Kovacic Rejects £53 Manchester United Move Due To Mourinho’s Playing Style by bedspread: 1:45pm On Aug 01, 2018
Tomoyayi:

They should sack him now and get Zidane abeg
Will be interesting to see Zizou in England but I feel He is more interested in being involved with Juventus..
Re: Mateo Kovacic Rejects £53 Manchester United Move Due To Mourinho’s Playing Style by Nobody: 1:53pm On Aug 01, 2018
United was Ronaldo first choice too but he dished them also bcoz of their coach...

More are still going to reject them as time goes on. Even their own players will dish them.

11 Likes

Re: Mateo Kovacic Rejects £53 Manchester United Move Due To Mourinho’s Playing Style by Tomoyayi(m): 2:03pm On Aug 01, 2018
bedspread:
Will be interesting to see Zizou in England but I feel He is more interested in being involved with Juventus..

Because of Ororo abi

2 Likes

Re: Mateo Kovacic Rejects £53 Manchester United Move Due To Mourinho’s Playing Style by bedspread: 2:05pm On Aug 01, 2018
Tomoyayi:

Because of Ororo abi
Ororo and the fact that he also played for Juventus in his play days

4 Likes

Re: Mateo Kovacic Rejects £53 Manchester United Move Due To Mourinho’s Playing Style by LincolnLynn(m): 2:23pm On Aug 01, 2018
The earlier he leaves the better,Football has moved on and the special one is no longer special.I'm not looking forward to the coming season,just can't watch my beloved manutd sit back and play defensive against half decent teams.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mateo Kovacic Rejects £53 Manchester United Move Due To Mourinho’s Playing Style by dominique(f): 12:18am On Aug 02, 2018
He should come to Arsenal
Re: Mateo Kovacic Rejects £53 Manchester United Move Due To Mourinho’s Playing Style by Nobody: 8:12am On Aug 02, 2018
dominique:
Arsenal?
Re: Mateo Kovacic Rejects £53 Manchester United Move Due To Mourinho’s Playing Style by dominique(f): 8:47am On Aug 02, 2018
Inspirational01:
Arsenal?

Is Arsenal not a club again?

8 Likes

Re: Mateo Kovacic Rejects £53 Manchester United Move Due To Mourinho’s Playing Style by sterlingD(m): 9:32am On Aug 02, 2018
This guy should be patient now he is been set up to under study as possible replacement for Luka Modric at Real Madrid.

2 Likes

Re: Mateo Kovacic Rejects £53 Manchester United Move Due To Mourinho’s Playing Style by mistacoco: 10:24am On Aug 02, 2018
With the way madrid are selling their players I wander who will play for them this season.

Modified: Seun hope the guy above pay extra for the scam advert. undecided
Re: Mateo Kovacic Rejects £53 Manchester United Move Due To Mourinho’s Playing Style by adewumiopeyemi(m): 10:24am On Aug 02, 2018
I wonder why man-u want to sign a midfielder with all the one they have.., they need to sign a striker for back for. Lukaku.. that what they need now.. shocked shocked
Re: Mateo Kovacic Rejects £53 Manchester United Move Due To Mourinho’s Playing Style by Sanchez01: 10:25am On Aug 02, 2018
dominique:
Is Arsenal a football club or an academy? grin

Who prays to leave a club like Real Madrid and ends up with Arsenal. grin

13 Likes

Re: Mateo Kovacic Rejects £53 Manchester United Move Due To Mourinho’s Playing Style by wosley(m): 10:26am On Aug 02, 2018
Nobody want join mourihno the carrier killer

2 Likes

Re: Mateo Kovacic Rejects £53 Manchester United Move Due To Mourinho’s Playing Style by oshe11: 10:26am On Aug 02, 2018
He doesnt wanna drive Bus?

Josè just wanna kill Man U

The Grumpy One

5 Likes

Re: Mateo Kovacic Rejects £53 Manchester United Move Due To Mourinho’s Playing Style by nandyz(m): 10:27am On Aug 02, 2018
It is of choice, u know the reason why
Re: Mateo Kovacic Rejects £53 Manchester United Move Due To Mourinho’s Playing Style by notoriousbabe: 10:28am On Aug 02, 2018
Mourinho just dey kill my darling united every second of the day

1 Like

Re: Mateo Kovacic Rejects £53 Manchester United Move Due To Mourinho’s Playing Style by MartinCorridon: 10:28am On Aug 02, 2018
He would have been a perfect fit for either Arsenal or Barcelona.

I remember how good he was when with Inter Milan.

Real Madrid is full with stars, i knew it would be hard breaking into even their 2nd team

YES....with his style of play, Chelsea and Man Utd who have defensive philosophies passed on by Mourinho would be a bad fit

That wrecked Fernando Torres' career

12 Likes

Re: Mateo Kovacic Rejects £53 Manchester United Move Due To Mourinho’s Playing Style by legba1(m): 10:28am On Aug 02, 2018
sterlingD:
This guy should be patient now he is been set up to under study as possible replacement for Luka Modric at Real Madrid.

Isco is d heir apparent....

5 Likes

Re: Mateo Kovacic Rejects £53 Manchester United Move Due To Mourinho’s Playing Style by Nobody: 10:28am On Aug 02, 2018
dominique:
your Arsenal beat PSG 5-1 grin
But you were lucky it was only PSG academy

5 Likes

Re: Mateo Kovacic Rejects £53 Manchester United Move Due To Mourinho’s Playing Style by mrgreen4real(m): 10:31am On Aug 02, 2018
Another fake news

3 Likes

Re: Mateo Kovacic Rejects £53 Manchester United Move Due To Mourinho’s Playing Style by Nobody: 10:32am On Aug 02, 2018
bedspread:

Manchester United always protects their coaches....They'd rather allow a super star causing the dressing room problems to leave the club than sack their coach.

3 Likes

Re: Mateo Kovacic Rejects £53 Manchester United Move Due To Mourinho’s Playing Style by VIPERVENOM(m): 10:33am On Aug 02, 2018
The only madrid player united are after is kroos and its not even concrete. For now nobody is interested in kovacic. So this news is fake

5 Likes

Re: Mateo Kovacic Rejects £53 Manchester United Move Due To Mourinho’s Playing Style by 1899Milan: 10:34am On Aug 02, 2018
Mourinho don de cast small small.

1 Like

Re: Mateo Kovacic Rejects £53 Manchester United Move Due To Mourinho’s Playing Style by OTayobami(m): 10:36am On Aug 02, 2018
Yeah who wud want 2 play dat career melting, expertising, professoring, complaing, blaming, fault finding coach. COYG!
Re: Mateo Kovacic Rejects £53 Manchester United Move Due To Mourinho’s Playing Style by MeeLan: 10:37am On Aug 02, 2018
GutsOverFear:
United was Ronaldo first choice too but he dished them also bcoz of their coach...

More are still going to reject them as time goes on. Even their own players will dish them.
Ronaldo choosed juventus for personal records, he wants to win 3 major european leagues with 3 major european teams! info for you!

5 Likes

Re: Mateo Kovacic Rejects £53 Manchester United Move Due To Mourinho’s Playing Style by ominilongest(m): 10:38am On Aug 02, 2018
Fake AF....
Re: Mateo Kovacic Rejects £53 Manchester United Move Due To Mourinho’s Playing Style by Nobody: 10:38am On Aug 02, 2018
We want Hazard

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

David Luiz Rejects 3-year Contract Worth £220,000 A Week Salary / An Interesting Analysis Of Mikel & Makelele / Photos From The Super Eagles Match Against The Crocodiles Of Lesotho

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.