Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,252 members, 7,818,873 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

VR (virtual Reality) Developer - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / VR (virtual Reality) Developer (5066 Views)

Is Business Ready For Virtual Reality Technology? / Augmented And Virtual Reality Meetup / Microsoft Acquires Social Virtual Reality App Altspacevr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

VR (virtual Reality) Developer by zamie(m): 7:08pm On Aug 01, 2018
Well, I've been having some thoughts and a part of me is not yet convinced that Nigeria is ready for this yet. However, let me throw it open.

My Name is Zamie. I'm a python programmer. I use python across different fields from web(django) to mobile(Kivy) to hacking(sockets, requests,.... ) to machine learning(TensorFlow, Keras) to 3d Modelling (blender) to audio synthesis(pyo) to automation(selenium) to scraping(bs4) to Robotics(raspberry pi) to..............

I don't claim to be a master in all this fields but I love dipping my leg around. However, I Specialize in Machine Learning and Django Web Framework.

But hey let's not be mistaken. This is not a thread about python. This is a thread about VIRTUAL REALITY.
Re: VR (virtual Reality) Developer by zamie(m): 10:46am On Aug 02, 2018
Virtual Reality is best experienced not explained. So first checkout this link. I'll recommend using chrome browser.

https://kuula.co/post/7PbXf

I'll talk about what it takes to become a Virtual Reality Developer and the tools you will need on this path. Tools are unending but I'll focus on three.

Unity3d
Aframe VR
Google VR SDK

If you haven't tried VR before, sorry for you. The best advice I'll give you now is to go to a mall or any gaming center that has VR headsets and try it there. When you are done, then come back to this thread thank you.

Meanwhile, Who here has experienced Virtual Reality?
Kindly Notify... Smiles
Re: VR (virtual Reality) Developer by CharlesJok3r: 12:39pm On Aug 02, 2018
What about AR?
Re: VR (virtual Reality) Developer by ictjobber: 1:43pm On Aug 02, 2018
cool

see my signature
Re: VR (virtual Reality) Developer by zamie(m): 6:58pm On Aug 02, 2018
CharlesJok3r:
What about AR?
Probably, we will discuss that later. That's another industry on its own
Re: VR (virtual Reality) Developer by OBIGS(m): 8:22pm On Aug 02, 2018
I need a programmer to work on a project on. The concept is crazy and I believe Nigerians will buy into it. Anybody interested should mail me let's construct.
bobidimma@gmail.com
Re: VR (virtual Reality) Developer by sparkle6(m): 9:28pm On Aug 02, 2018
OBIGS:
I need a programmer to work on a project on. The concept is crazy and I believe Nigerians will buy into it. Anybody interested should mail me let's construct.
bobidimma@gmail.com
I like crazy! sparkdkiller@gmail.com
Re: VR (virtual Reality) Developer by danose99(m): 10:03pm On Aug 02, 2018
What are the likely prospects for VR development in Nigeria
Re: VR (virtual Reality) Developer by zamie(m): 11:09am On Aug 03, 2018
danose99:
What are the likely prospects for VR development in Nigeria
Nice Question. Let's start from here. I'll list 5 industries that are quickly adopting virtual reality.

1. Education
2. Gaming
3. Tourism
4. Social VR

The biggest problem with virtual reality is insufficient content. People find it hard to create vr content and content in its nature has to be localized. Therefore, this creates a massive opportunity for anyone willing to curate content targeted around Nigeria. VR Apps, 360 videos, Panorama and so on are all VR content. And they require different level of specialization to create them.

Another problem is the high cost but prices are already coming down. So soon an average individual will feel comfortable purchasing a headset.

Most Nigerian companies can't compete in creating a new vr headset or sophisticated equipments used in VR. So the hardware opportunity is negligible. However, Creating Softwares Applications for VR is widely open to anyone. After having a proper understanding of what Virtual Reality is, I'll advice one to have a thought experiment and analyze how VR can enable the industries listed above. Then boom!! You have created an idea and have a goal.

Next Step is to pursue that goal by learning the tools that can help you achieve that. In my next post, I'll introduce Unity3d......
Re: VR (virtual Reality) Developer by danose99(m): 7:19pm On Aug 03, 2018
Great...
Re: VR (virtual Reality) Developer by zamie(m): 10:59am On Aug 05, 2018
Other Tools for creating Virtual Reality
React VR Sumerian PlayCanvas
Re: VR (virtual Reality) Developer by sparkle6(m): 2:21pm On Aug 05, 2018
And you are not working for google?
Re: VR (virtual Reality) Developer by nijabazaar: 3:00pm On Aug 05, 2018
I am a 3d character designer and real world physics simulator for crowds, flocks, fire, fracture and fluidfs

Hook me up for any 3d VR game you have in mind. Here's my contact

Sample of my work

2 Likes

Re: VR (virtual Reality) Developer by zamie(m): 3:06pm On Aug 05, 2018
sparkle6:
And you are not working for google?
why would someone want to work 4 Google.. What's the fun in that??

Personally, I prefer freelancing
Re: VR (virtual Reality) Developer by zamie(m): 3:09pm On Aug 05, 2018
nijabazaar:
I am a 3d character designer and real world physics simulator for crowds, flocks, fire, fracture and fluidfs

Hook me up for any 3d VR game you have in mind. Here's my contact 08028953196

Sample of my work

Truly Nice..
I've mailed you
Re: VR (virtual Reality) Developer by sparkle6(m): 3:29pm On Aug 05, 2018
zamie:

why would someone want to work 4 Google.. What's the fun in that??

Personally, I prefer freelancing
Does freelancing still pay in nigeria?. Those scammers have given every good guy a bad name.
Re: VR (virtual Reality) Developer by bot101(m): 3:37pm On Aug 05, 2018
sparkle6:

Does freelancing still pay in nigeria?. Those scammers have given every good guy a bad name.

Haha, Nigeria is gradually becoming the leading freelance country in Africa, and most foreigners do not care where you are from so ling as you deliver.

1 Like

Re: VR (virtual Reality) Developer by sparkle6(m): 4:28pm On Aug 05, 2018
bot101:

Haha, Nigeria is gradually becoming the leading freelance country in Africa, and most foreigners do not care where you are from so ling as you deliver.
Lemme go and register with fiver o. at least geting 5 bucks per day aint bad
Re: VR (virtual Reality) Developer by bot101(m): 5:20pm On Aug 05, 2018
sparkle6:

Lemme go and register with fiver o. at least geting 5 bucks per day aint bad

5 bucks? That's a marketing story. There are Nigerians who earn thousands of dollars on Fiverr (I don't though).
Re: VR (virtual Reality) Developer by zamie(m): 7:57pm On Aug 05, 2018
sparkle6:

It has to do with your kind of customer...

Some customers will pay 750k for a project that you are willing to do for someone else at 150k

So if your client has a large pocket. Kudos. I actually don't use fiverr. I get my clients offline via recommendations. So I can't say how effective fiverr is. I've heard both the positives and negatives.
Re: VR (virtual Reality) Developer by zamie(m): 7:59pm On Aug 05, 2018
bot101:

True.

Results speaks louder
Re: VR (virtual Reality) Developer by bot101(m): 9:11pm On Aug 05, 2018
zamie:

It has to do with your kind of customer...

Some customers will pay 750k for a project that you are willing to do for someone else at 150k

So if your client has a large pocket. Kudos. I actually don't use fiverr. I get my clients offline via recommendations. So I can't say how effective fiverr is. I've heard both the positives and negatives.

I used to do strictly Fiverr, but I am gradually diversifying. Offline seems to even pay better than Fiverr (my experience though).
Re: VR (virtual Reality) Developer by zamie(m): 12:26pm On Aug 06, 2018
Unity3d

This is a tool for creating 3d games. Popular games like Temple Run was built using this platform. It's perfect for indie developers. You get to code once and deploy for many platforms.

With the rapid adoption of Virtual Reality in gaming. Unity3d positioned itself as a tool for creating vr/ar games as well. It had vuforia support (for augmented reality) and good support for 360 content. Moreover you can check out their asset store and satisfy yourself. They even give you an option of converting your existing 3d game to a VR game.

Let me highlight some problems one may encounter along the way if not already used to Unity3d
- you need to be convenient with c# or Javascript
- you need to know 3d Modelling for creating environments and character
-it requires space and computing power
-personally I hate the fact that the apk file size is large (although worth it )

If none of the above is a problem for you then I'll advice you to take on this course...

https://www.udemy.com/build-30-mini-virtual-reality-games-in-unity-3d-from-scratch/
Re: VR (virtual Reality) Developer by zamie(m): 8:35am On Aug 08, 2018
Thread Discontinued... Smiles
Re: VR (virtual Reality) Developer by iamcyberzues: 11:34pm On Aug 08, 2018
zamie:
Thread Discontinued... Smiles
Why if I may ask?
Re: VR (virtual Reality) Developer by zamie(m): 8:11am On Aug 09, 2018
iamcyberzues:
Why if I may ask?
Nigerian Developers are not ready for this..
I can't throw valuable knowledge away just like that
Re: VR (virtual Reality) Developer by iamcyberzues: 3:31pm On Aug 10, 2018
zamie:

Nigerian Developers are not ready for this..

I can't throw valuable knowledge away just like that
Few people are really ready to learn you know?
Re: VR (virtual Reality) Developer by ise82(m): 10:33pm On Aug 11, 2018
Continue people are reading... God bless you.
Re: VR (virtual Reality) Developer by zamie(m): 10:29am On Aug 12, 2018
Anyone interested should mail me..
zamie199@gmail.com
Re: VR (virtual Reality) Developer by Lekan1o1: 12:16am On Aug 19, 2018
zamie:
Anyone interested should mail me..

zamie199@gmail.com

Pls I want to learn
Re: VR (virtual Reality) Developer by zamie(m): 7:39am On Aug 19, 2018
Lekan1o1:

Pls I want to learn
Inbox

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Send SMS Using Asp.net/vb.net / Software Development Is Now An Oversaturated Field / Bells University Wins Computer Programming Contest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.