Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,402 members, 7,822,843 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

My House Rent Palaver As A Corp Member. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My House Rent Palaver As A Corp Member. (496 Views)

US Indicts Two Nigerians In $3.3 Million House Rent Scheme In Nevada / Stain Lace: I Was Robbed In My House In Akwa Ibom During Lockdown (Graphic Pics) / Elvina Ibru: I Was Raped 10 Years Ago By Armed Robber In My House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My House Rent Palaver As A Corp Member. by genabc(m): 6:45am On Aug 02, 2018
I'm currently a corp member serving in one of the eastern states. I rented a room self contain of 171k plus 10k agent fee in February. I paid to the man managing the property through mobile transfer and I was issued a receipt. however the manager of the lodge as been at large since May due to some of his criminal activities. Last week Saturday, the owner of the house came around and said she never knew there is a tenant in the room because the runaway manager never remitted the money to her account and the receipt he issued to me is fake. now, she says I should vacate my room before Saturday. I frankly told her that it highly impossible because before I paid the then manager I spoke with her and she told me to go ahead with the payment and fortunately for me, the audio recording of the conversation is still on my phone. I told her it's management problem and none of mine, so she should go after d runaway manager and retrieve her money, however, she refused to listen and stood her ground. Yesterday evening when I came back from my PPA, the security man told me he has been instructed by madam to lock my room. I called her immediately and she told me I should pay her 60k because I have 3 months to round-off my programme and again she can't bear the loose alone. I told her I don't have the money and I cut the call. I called police DPO of my area and informed him about the issue, he just laughed and said "she's a big madam just try and plead with her". please what's the way out?
Re: My House Rent Palaver As A Corp Member. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:48am On Aug 02, 2018
The DPO says she is a Big Madam?!

What kinda rubbish is that?

The only thing you can do now is to look for a way to get a lawyer to take up the matter.

All the best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My House Rent Palaver As A Corp Member. by genabc(m): 6:58am On Aug 02, 2018
post=69909774:
The DPO says she is a Big Madam?!

What kinda rubbish is that?

The only thing you can do now is to look for a way to get a lawyer to take up the matter.

All the best.

I was also surprised by the DPO response. I would love to consult an attorney but where is the fund? maybe I should just go to my NYSC state Secretariat to inform the state coordinator atleast my welfarism should also be their concern.
Re: My House Rent Palaver As A Corp Member. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:01am On Aug 02, 2018
genabc:

I was also surprised by the DPO response. I would love to consult an attorney but where is the fund? maybe I should just go to my NYSC state Secretariat to inform the state coordinator atleast my welfarism should also be their concern.
That is another good way to go around this issue.

There are some lawyers that love having this kind if brief for free tho.......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My House Rent Palaver As A Corp Member. by Protein0: 6:57am On Oct 12, 2018
genabc:
I'm currently a corp member serving in one of the eastern states. I rented a room self contain of 171k plus 10k agent fee in February. I paid to the man managing the property through mobile transfer and I was issued a receipt. however the manager of the lodge as been at large since May due to some of his criminal activities. Last week Saturday, the owner of the house came around and said she never knew there is a tenant in the room because the runaway manager never remitted the money to her account and the receipt he issued to me is fake. now, she says I should vacate my room before Saturday. I frankly told her that it highly impossible because before I paid the then manager I spoke with her and she told me to go ahead with the payment and fortunately for me, the audio recording of the conversation is still on my phone. I told her it's management problem and none of mine, so she should go after d runaway manager and retrieve her money, however, she refused to listen and stood her ground. Yesterday evening when I came back from my PPA, the security man told me he has been instructed by madam to lock my room. I called her immediately and she told me I should pay her 60k because I have 3 months to round-off my programme and again she can't bear the loose alone. I told her I don't have the money and I cut the call. I called police DPO of my area and informed him about the issue, he just laughed and said "she's a big madam just try and plead with her". please what's the way out?
youngman, how did you later resolve this?
You must be rounding up by now

(1) (Reply)

Day Of Reckoning As Suspected Thief Jumps To Death In Escape Bid / Marriage Turned Bloody As Man Attacks Best Friend With Cutlass Over Bride Price / AYE CURLTIST? I’ve Killed Three Persons Since Initiated Into Cult – Undergraduat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.