Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

Tecno Lands In Top 10 Smartphone Manufacturers for the first time - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Lands In Top 10 Smartphone Manufacturers for the first time (918 Views)

Phone Manufacturers: Please Give Us The Power Button Back / Facebook Shares Drop By 20% After Losing Traffic For First Time / Whatsapp Group Admin Lands In Jail For Spreading Fake News. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tecno Lands In Top 10 Smartphone Manufacturers for the first time by dims95(m): 8:08am On Aug 02, 2018
Tecno has been listed for the first time among the top smartphone manufacturers globally in a report by counterpoint research. The report for Q2 covers the months April to June.
The company came in at 10th position with a shipment of 4.4 million units in the 3 month period, up from 2.8 million unit in the same period last year. This amounts to a growth of 59% year on year.
As a result of it performance, Tecno now commands a 1% market share in the global smartphone market as regards shipment quantity.
The top 3 brands for Q2 are Samsung (20%), Huawei (15%), and Apple (11%). While the best growth performances were achieved by HMD aka Nokia (782% YoY growth, 9th position), Tecno (59% YoY growth, 10th position), and Xiaomi (43% YoY growth, 4th position)

https://www.counterpointresearch.com/huawei-surpasses-apple-become-second-largest-smartphone-brand/

Re: Tecno Lands In Top 10 Smartphone Manufacturers for the first time by alabo1: 9:50am On Aug 02, 2018
A consequence of their sales strategy which was to focus on Africa (with emphasis on sub saharan Africa). This and their budget centric focus has made them the fastest seller in the world's largest emerging markets. As I commented on an earlier post, this will translate to more revenue for research and development and improvements in design and quality as well as overall growth as they start penetrating other markets. Kudos Team Tecno

1 Like

Re: Tecno Lands In Top 10 Smartphone Manufacturers for the first time by dims95(m): 11:36am On Aug 02, 2018
alabo1:
A consequence of their sales strategy which was to focus on Africa (with emphasis on sub saharan Africa). This and their budget centric focus has made them the fastest seller in the world's largest emerging markets. As I commented on an earlier post, this will translate to more revenue for research and development and improvements in design and quality as well as overall growth as they start penetrating other markets. Kudos Team Tecno
Quite true. The African market afforded Tecno an opportunity to grow substantially, which would have been difficult if they went head to head with the big dogs in established and saturated markets, especially with their offerings. It will be interesting to see their next move; will they take more expansion risks, or will they become the big fish in a small pond.
Re: Tecno Lands In Top 10 Smartphone Manufacturers for the first time by Nobody: 11:50am On Aug 02, 2018
I love Tecno.
Re: Tecno Lands In Top 10 Smartphone Manufacturers for the first time by OHIsIManuEL(m): 12:45pm On Aug 02, 2018
I thought the title was a click bait oo, I must say I'm impressed
Re: Tecno Lands In Top 10 Smartphone Manufacturers for the first time by lastbaff(m): 6:32pm On Aug 02, 2018
Cool
Re: Tecno Lands In Top 10 Smartphone Manufacturers for the first time by scarycuteface(m): 5:28pm On Aug 05, 2018
The Tecno team a strategy and they are following it up with adequate action. No wonder they are the number one in Sub Saharan Africa. Nice one
Re: Tecno Lands In Top 10 Smartphone Manufacturers for the first time by chicwoman(f): 5:36pm On Aug 05, 2018
These are pretty impressive stats
Re: Tecno Lands In Top 10 Smartphone Manufacturers for the first time by bravesoul247(m): 5:38pm On Aug 05, 2018
Very cool... This is a job Weldon by TECNO
Re: Tecno Lands In Top 10 Smartphone Manufacturers for the first time by bravesoul247(m): 5:39pm On Aug 05, 2018
chicwoman:
These are pretty impressive stats
I agree with you in this
Re: Tecno Lands In Top 10 Smartphone Manufacturers for the first time by Freelancerx: 6:04pm On Aug 05, 2018
Over the time, more units of Tecno smartphones are being shipped. And that is why they continue to dominate.
Re: Tecno Lands In Top 10 Smartphone Manufacturers for the first time by henry007(m): 6:50pm On Aug 05, 2018
OHIsIManuEL:

Saw it on GSMarena actually.
Re: Tecno Lands In Top 10 Smartphone Manufacturers for the first time by chicwoman(f): 7:21pm On Aug 05, 2018
I am also
OHIsIManuEL:
Re: Tecno Lands In Top 10 Smartphone Manufacturers for the first time by chicwoman(f): 7:22pm On Aug 05, 2018
Yeah,
They chose to target middle-low income earners in Africa and did their best to provide quality at affordable prices
Their brand is good
alabo1:

(1) (Reply)

SOLD!!! New Red iPhone 8 Plus 64GB For Sale ❌ / New! Glo- Ng Now Offers 1gig Data At 300 Naira / Pls Help Me Make A Choice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.