Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

What's Happening To All The Big Teams In This World Cup? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What's Happening To All The Big Teams In This World Cup? (702 Views)

Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup / World Cup 2010 - Should Africa Be Allowed 5 Teams In 2014? / Nigeria Football(league & National Teams) In The '80s & 90's: Ask Ya Questions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Happening To All The Big Teams In This World Cup? by akinjosh(m): 9:21pm On Jun 18, 2010
final score for england-algeria 0-0

What's happening to all the big teams in this world cup?
Re: What's Happening To All The Big Teams In This World Cup? by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jun 18, 2010
its called REALITY. . . . . . . . . today there are no second rated team!
although some nations have a better world cup record, the days of having them sail through semis are over.
if anyone is going to win this one, they will have to work DAMN hard for it!
Re: What's Happening To All The Big Teams In This World Cup? by medjai(m): 11:40pm On Jun 18, 2010
The only upset i have seen in this world cup is the Swiss and Spain game. France and Mexico is no upset to me. If France had defeated Mexico, that would have been an upset. I expected Algeria to get something from the England game and i'm not surprised at all. Simply put, England are poor and i'm happy they have been exposed before the world
Re: What's Happening To All The Big Teams In This World Cup? by mensdept: 2:33am On Jun 19, 2010
I hope you are not calling England a big team?

They have money, political power, and respect from the former conquered nations (like Nigeria and Nigerians overlove for the EPL lol)

But like Spain, underachievers in soccer.

Big teams of this World Cup are Germany (though they lost today), Brasil, Argentina, Netherlands, and Italy

Great teams in this edition are Uruguay, Mexico, Chile

Determined teams in 2010 are Ghana, USA, Paraguay, Slovenia, Ivory Coast, Japan, New Zealand, Serbia,

Not that they wont lose or crash out, but those teams above are making their nation proud.

Teams like England, Spain, France, Cameroon, South Africa, and NIGERIA are not serious
Re: What's Happening To All The Big Teams In This World Cup? by AngieFan(f): 4:06am On Jun 19, 2010
I think the ball has something to do with it.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Football: Elections to Where Exactly? / Mikel, Nsofor, Yak In Live Supersport Epl Show / Siasia Or Keshi?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.