Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,202 members, 7,835,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

Egypt FA Appoint New Head Coach “javier Aguirre” - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Egypt FA Appoint New Head Coach “javier Aguirre” (263 Views)

Javier Zanetti: Taribo West's Prayer Sessions Frustrated Us / Egypt Sacks Javier Aguirre, President Abou-rida Resigns After AFCON Exit / Javier Mascherano Retires From International Football (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Egypt FA Appoint New Head Coach “javier Aguirre” by Premiumsoccer24(m): 12:58pm On Aug 03, 2018
On Thursday, the Egyptian FA have confirmed their appointment Javier Aguirre as Head coach of their National Men Team.

The Mexican Javier Aguirre took over Argentinian Hector Cuper after his contract expired just after the 2018 World Cup, where Egypt performed poorly, loosing lost all three of their matches to crash out in the group stage.

The 59-year-old Mexican coach Javier Aguirre has previously managed Mexico and Japan national teams.

In a press statement released by the Head of the Egyptian FA chief Hany Abu Rida "When we chose Aguirre, we were keen that he has a long and honourable history, and he gave in Spain a great effort,"

He is expected to earn a monthly salary of $120,000 with his two assistants, and a promised of $500,000 bonus if Egypt qualify for the 2022 World Cup.

He was selected among other candidates who were considered for the Egypt job: Spaniard Quique Sanchez Flores, Bosnian Vahid Halilhodzic and Colombia's Jorge Luis Pinto, the Egypt FA said on Twitter.

"I am really honoured to be here, even though I have more than 20 years' work as a coach, even though I have four World Cups in my bag, it's the first time I will work in Africa. It will be a big big challenge," Javier Aguirre said.

Aguirre coached Mexico at the 2002 World Cup and again at the 2010 tournament but has spent most of the last decade working in Spain, including spells at Osasuna -- who he took to fourth place in La Liga in 2006 -- Real Zaragoza, Espanyol and Atletico Madrid.

Javier Aguirre was sacked in 2015 by Japan in the wake of their low performance in the race for the Asian Cup title defence.

http://www.premiumsoccer24.com/2018/08/egypt-fa-appoint-new-head-coach-javier.html

(1) (Reply)

Premier League 2018-19 Matchday 1 / Cameroon Legend, Samuel Eto’o Finds New Club / Chelsea Vs Arsenal - Unai Emery Still Searching For His First Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.