Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,442 members, 7,836,777 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

Pep Guardiola: I'll Learn A Lot From Sarri - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Pep Guardiola: I'll Learn A Lot From Sarri (1017 Views)

Sarri On The Verge Of Becoming Chelsea Manager, Plans To Change Chelsea Squad / Former Napoli Coach Sarri Chooses Chelsea Over PSG / Chelsea And Sarri Reportedly Agree On A Two-year Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pep Guardiola: I'll Learn A Lot From Sarri by Nobody: 3:04pm On Aug 03, 2018
Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola says he is excited to "learn a lot" from Chelsea's new head coach Maurizio Sarri this season.

Chelsea hired Sarri to succeed Antonio Conte after he fell out of favour with the club's hierarchy, and the former Napoli boss has an opportunity to win his first silverware as Blues boss in Sunday's Community Shield against City.

Guardiola heaped praise on Sarri last season when his side met Napoli in the group stages of the Champions League and has now backed the 59-year-old to revolutionise the English game.

"First of all I'm happy that a manager of that level is in the Premier League. I'm going to learn a lot to see him every weekend," said Guardiola ahead of Sunday's traditional curtain-raiser at Wembley.

"We are going to improve a lot because of his ideas here in England. I saw three games [of Chelsea] in pre-season and he got it. He did it - the team in a short time plays like he wants.

"Of course, he needs more time to work everything but the ideas are already there so I think it'll be a good game [ on Sunday]. Chelsea is always a big rival, with Antonio Conte before and with Maurizio too.

"The way he plays I think will be perfect for English football. I'm so happy he came here."

Re: Pep Guardiola: I'll Learn A Lot From Sarri by ObaKlaz: 3:36pm On Aug 03, 2018
Pep indirectly saying '' I schooled others, I'll school him too'' grin grin cheesy
Re: Pep Guardiola: I'll Learn A Lot From Sarri by Nobody: 7:24pm On Aug 03, 2018
ObaKlaz:
Pep indirectly saying '' I schooled others, I'll school him too'' grin grin cheesy
I don't think so, go and watch NAPOLI under Sarri and you will see what am talking about, by the way did he (Pep) schooled KLOP of LIVERPOOL also? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Pep Guardiola: I'll Learn A Lot From Sarri by ObaKlaz: 7:42pm On Aug 03, 2018
Inspirational01:
I don't think so, go and watch NAPOLI under Sarri and you will see what am talking about, by the way did he (Pep) schooled KLOP of LIVERPOOL also? grin grin grin grin grin
I bet you were one of the cynics who kept on rambling about how Pep would be 'exposed' in the EPL last season grin. Jurgen Kloop was the only one who escaped, Pep schooled EVERYONE ELSE. I follow the Serie A avidly, Sarri better step it up, else he'd be schooled with hard knocks by Pep Guardiola. I'm not sure what games you watch. But if it's still football, then Pep is superior to Sarri, TACTICALLY.

3 Likes

Re: Pep Guardiola: I'll Learn A Lot From Sarri by Nobody: 4:58am On Aug 04, 2018
ObaKlaz:
I bet you were one of the cynics who kept on rambling about how Pep would be 'exposed' in the EPL last season grin. Jurgen Kloop was the only one who escaped, Pep schooled EVERYONE ELSE. I follow the Serie A avidly, Sarri better step it up, else he'd be schooled with hard knocks by Pep Guardiola. I'm not sure what games you watch. But if it's still football, then Pep is superior to Sarri, TACTICALLY.
Same football you watch, you said he will school Sarri just like he schooled others so why exclusion of Klop Now?
Re: Pep Guardiola: I'll Learn A Lot From Sarri by ObaKlaz: 7:12am On Aug 04, 2018
Inspirational01:
Same football you watch, you said he will school Sarri just like he schooled others so why exclusion of Klop Now?
I see you want to drag issues... Statistically, it is safe to generalise when the percentage is above 70%. So yes, I'm still very right to say Pep Guardiola schooled EVERYONE. Lest I forget, HOW CONSISTENT was Jurgen Kloop and his team the past season? ?? This conversation is over, but if you could roll out the facts, statistics and table points of last season to prove me wrong, we might just continue then.
Re: Pep Guardiola: I'll Learn A Lot From Sarri by Nobody: 5:11pm On Aug 04, 2018
ObaKlaz:
I see you want to drag issues... Statistically, it is safe to generalise when the percentage is above 70%. So yes, I'm still very right to say Pep Guardiola schooled EVERYONE. Lest I forget, HOW CONSISTENT was Jurgen Kloop and his team the past season? ?? This conversation is over, but if you could roll out the facts, statistics and table points of last season to prove me wrong, we might just continue then.
Am not dragging any issue with you bro. but schooled EVERYONE is what am against, leave consistent alone and dont forget this same Jurgen Klop beat him 3 times last season, Pep is one of the best coaches in the world no doubt about that but Schooled EVERYONE is out of it since Klop beat him 3 times last season.
Hahahahahahahahaha 3 times and Pep cant do anything about it.

1 Like

Re: Pep Guardiola: I'll Learn A Lot From Sarri by ObaKlaz: 7:38am On Aug 06, 2018
grin grin grin
Re: Pep Guardiola: I'll Learn A Lot From Sarri by ObaKlaz: 7:40am On Aug 06, 2018
Inspirational01:
Am not dragging any issue with you bro. but schooled EVERYONE is what am against, leave consistent alone and dont forget this same Jurgen Klop beat him 3 times last season, Pep is one of the best coaches in the world no doubt about that but Schooled EVERYONE is out of it since Klop beat him 3 times last season.
0 : 2 ... If you know, you know. grin grin grin
Re: Pep Guardiola: I'll Learn A Lot From Sarri by babakb: 7:48am On Aug 06, 2018
Forget that thing, Pep has proved us all wrong, he is the best coach in the world right now, he may even replicate his successes of Barcelona in Man City.

Pep and Cr7 always proving their critics wrong.

3 Likes

Re: Pep Guardiola: I'll Learn A Lot From Sarri by Nobody: 9:03pm On Aug 06, 2018
ObaKlaz:
0 : 2 ... If you know, you know. grin grin grin
Of course
Re: Pep Guardiola: I'll Learn A Lot From Sarri by DamiBukola: 3:14am On Aug 07, 2018
Inspirational01:
So are you insinuating that Klop is better than Pep? If your answer is yes, then Klop is among the worst coaches in the world having received baptism of fire from average teams and coaches in EPL, last season.
Re: Pep Guardiola: I'll Learn A Lot From Sarri by Nobody: 6:29am On Aug 07, 2018
DamiBukola:
So are you insinuating that Klop is better than Pep? If your answer is yes, then Klop is among the worst coaches in the world having received baptism of fire from average teams and coaches in EPL, last season.
No! No!! No!!! Am not saying Klop is better than Pep, what I just against is that of he (Pep) schooled EVERYONE. He is one of the best coaches in the world & no doubt about that.
Re: Pep Guardiola: I'll Learn A Lot From Sarri by chiboy1116: 6:49am On Aug 07, 2018
Inspirational01:
No! No!! No!!! Am not saying Klop is better than Pep, what I just against is that of he (Pep) schooled EVERYONE. He is one of the best coaches in the world & no doubt about that.
kloop style of football is the kryptonite to total football . Pep is the best coach in the world .
Re: Pep Guardiola: I'll Learn A Lot From Sarri by Nobody: 9:45am On Aug 07, 2018
chiboy1116:
kloop style of football is the kryptonite to total football . Pep is the best coach in the world .
Sir, I disagree, Pep is not the best coach in the World but one of the best.
Re: Pep Guardiola: I'll Learn A Lot From Sarri by chiboy1116: 2:58pm On Aug 07, 2018
Inspirational01:
Sir, I disagree, Pep is not the best coach in the World but one of the best.
first of all I am not a SIR ,
secondly , it's just an opinion sir ,you might have yours ,this is mine . grin
Re: Pep Guardiola: I'll Learn A Lot From Sarri by Nobody: 11:25am On Aug 08, 2018
chiboy1116:
first of all I am not a SIR ,
secondly , it's just an opinion sir ,you might have yours ,this is mine . grin
Ok.

(1) (Reply)

VAR In Onitsha Stadium (pics) / Nigerian Man Wins $1.1 Millions At The 2019 World Series Of Poker / Algerian's Coach Belmadi Attacks Nigerian Journalist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.