Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Has Anyone Experienced Delayed Grief? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Has Anyone Experienced Delayed Grief? (624 Views)

My GRIEF To JOY Story. / Nigerian Man Set To Wed Fiancee After Their Wedding Was Delayed 7 Years Ago / How To Help Loved Ones Overcome Grief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Anyone Experienced Delayed Grief? by JohnDuke101: 11:50pm On Aug 03, 2018
Greeting All,

Has anyone experienced delayed grief? Please share how you overcame it.

My father passed on over twenty years ago. However, recently I grieve more intensely about his death than ever before. I see great potentials and dreams that were never achieved. I see the fragility and frailty of life.

Thanks.
Re: Has Anyone Experienced Delayed Grief? by Nobody: 12:07am On Aug 04, 2018
Probably it took you twenty years to realize how much he meant. You must be passing through some things of recent that triggered memories of him.

I don't really know much about these things, so i will stay to learn cry

3 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Experienced Delayed Grief? by otipoju(m): 3:03am On Aug 04, 2018
after he died, I was busy being a pillar of support for everyone else while we were navigating our way out of a tricky financial situation.

About 5 years later after I got a decent job and my younger brother had moved to a new country and mum had overcome her health issues,....then I started to grieve....it was really traumatic for me and I had no one to explain it too.

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Experienced Delayed Grief? by JohnDuke101: 3:24am On Aug 04, 2018
MariaLavina:
Probably it took you twenty years to realize how much he meant. You must be passing through some things of recent that triggered memories of him.

I don't really know much about these things, so i will stay to learn cry

Thanks for your reply. I always had memories of him since the unfortunate event happened. I knew how much he meant when my siblings and I had to sort things out ourselves. You need a father to pull many strings in Nigeria. We have weathered many storms individually and collectively. By God's grace, I can afford anything I need. I have achieved everything I would have achieved if he was alive. I am at the point of "starting" life and thinking of what it means for someone ten years older than my present age to pass on without living life to the fullest.
Re: Has Anyone Experienced Delayed Grief? by jaszplus12(m): 9:17am On Aug 04, 2018
oh Lord! I thought I was alone in this! my dad passed on 18 years ago...I was like numb for a few months before I wept for his demise...
had to shoulder a lot of challenges thereafter and now each time I see my kids I suddenly miss him cos he passed before I got married. I always feel I need him to see them and enjoy the fruit of his labour so I can really do lots of things with him....but fate....I sincerely miss him! (sigh)
cheer up bro ...
Re: Has Anyone Experienced Delayed Grief? by JohnDuke101: 10:30am On Aug 04, 2018
otipoju:
after he died, I was busy being a pillar of support for everyone else while we were navigating our way out of a tricky financial situation.

About 5 years later after I got a decent job and my younger brother had moved to a new country and mum had overcome her health issues,....then I started to grieve....it was really traumatic for me and I had no one to explain it too.

Thanks for sharing!
Re: Has Anyone Experienced Delayed Grief? by JohnDuke101: 10:32am On Aug 04, 2018
jaszplus12:
oh Lord! I thought I was alone in this! my dad passed on 18 years ago...I was like numb for a few months before I wept for his demise...
had to shoulder a lot of challenges thereafter and now each time I see my kids I suddenly miss him cos he passed before I got married. I always feel I need him to see them and enjoy the fruit of his labour so I can really do lots of things with him....but fate....I sincerely miss him! (sigh)
cheer up bro ...

Thanks bro!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

10 Secrets Of Successful Families / My Husband Is Selfish & He Is Not Interested In My Happiness / Man, To Keep Your Woman Satisfied In Bed, Make Sure You Do This One Thing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.