Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,902 members, 7,817,674 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Fans Excoriate Mercy Johnson - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Fans Excoriate Mercy Johnson (3773 Views)

Mercy Johnson's Husband, Prince Odi, Shows Off Swag In New Photos / Mercy Johnson And Her Kids Play In The Snow(photo) / Mercy Johnson Is Wanted By Nigerian Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fans Excoriate Mercy Johnson by MissyB1(m): 6:27pm On Jun 19, 2010
Movie buffs, especially mothers and wives are currently pissed and thoroughly disappointed with Nollywood actress, Mercy Johnson. And the reason for their seething anger, we reliably gathered has to do with Miss Johnson’s new-found passion of garbing in skimpy attires and deliberate flaunting of her boobs in movies and social engagements.

In fact, one of these women that attended a recent Nollywood wedding with her husband and two children, told us she hurriedly left the venue with her family, the moment Johnson ‘invaded’ with her near-nude attire. “We thought her cleavages will pop out of her skimpy attire that revealed so much from her upper region. When my family and I could no longer bear the ugly sight, we hurriedly and angrily left the very colourful wedding. My kids that used to see her as their role model immediately discarded her. How can she come to a social event garbed like that, knowing very well that she’s also a role model to several youths in the society, who equally look up to her. In fact, in my household, we’ve also stopped watching her movies, because of the skimpy things she’s fond of donning.”

Also speaking, another angry female fan of the Kogi State-born actress accused Johnson of deliberately donning skimpy attires on/off locations without regard for the womenfolk. “Are Genevieve, Omotola, Monalisa, Oge, Funke and the rest of them not top actresses, did we ever see them donning skimpy attires or overtly flaunting and exposing their boobs, why is Mercy Johnson’s case very different”, asked this bitter lady. Fuming further, she raged: “We are tired of Johnson’s ways of dressing. She’s not representing us well as a role model. Enough of this her boobs flaunting and skimpy attires, it’s now very disgusting and debasing us.”

Meanwhile, a recent sms from another pissed fan, pleaded with the controversial and still single thespian to desist from disgracing the womenfolk with her new-found passion for skimpy wears. “We are tired of Mercy Johnson’s new dress sense. If you watch her in movies, meet her at events or even buy papers to read, you keep seeing her flaunting her boobs and deliberately revealing parts of her body. We are tired of her insulting our sensibilities. Is she the only Nigerian actress? Well, my family and I have started boycotting any film that features her, in our home. My kids are even complaining and that makes it more disturbing. Please, help us beg her to stop now. If she wants to go nude, let her do that within the confines of her bedroom, and not in movies, social events or the pages of magazines. Some of us have husbands and we do not want them to begin to think otherwise because of Mercy Johnson. Enough of this her madness,” lambasted this mother, who incidentally reached us from Johnson’s State, Kogi.

A mischievous guy, who called from London, pointed out that Johnson might end up baring -it-all in movies with the way she is currently going. “I will be happy to see Mercy bare-it-all in movies, since that is what she enjoys doing these days in movies and real life.”

Painfully too, a top filmmaker that spoke with us on the condition of anonymity pooh-poohed Johnson, for disgracing them with her near-nude wears and constant exposure of her cleavages in movies and events, within and outside Nollywood. “Mercy’s case is giving us a big concern in Nollywood. We still cannot fathom what she wants to achieve with this constant and irresponsible exposures. When she joined Nollywood a few years ago, she was not like this, Very shy and humble, stardom has completely changed her. But is she the first or only female star in Nollywood? She should watch it before it backfires on her, ”

Source : http://www.nigeriafilms.com/news/7960/2/fans-lambast-mercy-johnson.html
Re: Fans Excoriate Mercy Johnson by MissyB1(m): 6:32pm On Jun 19, 2010
Why do some people enjoying dealing with irrelevant issues?
How does Mercy's Dress sense reduce the rate of poverty in Naija or infidelity in men?

With all the money Mercy earns, she's ugly sha. . . . . See skin!!!  grin grin grin
Re: Fans Excoriate Mercy Johnson by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jun 19, 2010
Missy B:

How does Mercy's Dress sense reduce the rate of poverty in Naija or infidelity in men?

With all the money Mercy earns, she's ugly sha. . . . . See skin!!!  grin grin grin

Certain occasions call for certain mode of dressing. You can dress to the barest minimum to a club not a wedding naa. undecided

When did nollywood stars become 'role models'? So people actually take their mediocrity at heart?
Re: Fans Excoriate Mercy Johnson by MissyB1(m): 8:45pm On Jun 19, 2010
Serz'ly,  before now, I haven't really given this act -  Nigerians dictating and criticizing what people [should] wear because they think it's not decent [ not decent? whoever said their opinion was needed or important?]-  a serious thought. Doing so now, I realise it's beyond annoying.
How is it anyone's headache if a certain girl decides to walk the streets,  in the buff? Sum'n' about freedom and minding one's business . . . . .

stillwater:

Certain occasions call for certain mode of dressing. You can dress to the barest minimum to a club not a wedding naa. undecided
If I decide to wear bubba and wrapper to the club, I'D be doing sumthing different from  the regular [which I have a right to], but not  contrary to human law or directly harmful to anyone.
When inviting me to an occasion and I do not have the freedom to dress however I choose, simply state in the invitaion card what i must wear, so I can have the honor of deciding whether to dress as ordered or not grace the party with ma presence. tongue
Re: Fans Excoriate Mercy Johnson by cantell(m): 9:07pm On Jun 19, 2010
Missy B:

Serz'ly,  before now, I haven't really given this act -  Nigerians dictating and criticizing what people [should] wear because they think it's not decent [ not decent? whoever said their opinion was needed or important?]-  a serious thought. Doing so now, I realise it's beyond annoying.
How is it anyone's headache if a certain girl decides to walk the streets,  in the buff? Sum'n' about freedom and minding one's business . . . . .
If I decide to wear bubba and wrapper to the club, I'D be doing sumthing different from  the regular [which I have a right to], but not  contrary to human law or directly harmful to anyone.
When inviting me to an occasion and I do not have the freedom to dress however I choose, simply state in the invitaion card what i must wear, so I can have the honor of deciding whether to dress as ordered or not grace the party with ma presence.  tongue

You better wake up cos this is Naija.
Certain occasion calls for a particular dressing, like it or not.
If your dressing is too skimpy, you either get loads of satchet of pure water thrown at you or you take insults from people.
The law of you can see but you can't touch doesn't work well in Naija.
Nigeria is still an under-developed nation.
People should always have that in mind before acting up.
As for Mercy Johnson, dat thing wey dey hungry am, the day when she go chop am, she go rest.
Re: Fans Excoriate Mercy Johnson by MissyB1(m): 9:32pm On Jun 19, 2010
cantell:

You better wake up cos this is Naija.
Na Y'all need to wake up and allow people exert their freedom to so certain things, while You think of the price of cray fish in the market.  cool  grin
In the part of the world where I am,  presently . . . . I can walk the street stark na[i]k[/i]ed and nuffin will happen [except I'll wake up in a pyschiatric hospital] .  tongue

cantell:

Certain occasion  calls for a particular dressing, like it or not.
Allow the individual decide this, and mind Your business. wink
Last time I was in Naija [a particular month of may], I saw a girl wearing a knee-high boots and a jacket . . . .Why don't Y'all tell people like that, that it's a wrong mode of dressing? Na the ones weh deh tempting and make Y'all insecure, una deh see.  tongue

cantell:

If your dressing is too skimpy, you either get loads of satchet of pure water thrown at you or you take insults from people.
That's one of the the cavelike attitudes that should be thrown in the culverts.
Forward ever . . . . . Backward never.

cantell:

Nigeria is still an under-developed nation.
People should always have that in mind before acting up.
That's Your wahala . . . .Not mine.
Me weh noh deh under-developed, allow me do as I please na. Schwepps!!  grin

cantell:

As for Mercy Johnson, dat thing wey dey hungry am, the day when she go chop am, she go rest.
grin grin
Re: Fans Excoriate Mercy Johnson by Outstrip(f): 9:45pm On Jun 19, 2010
jobless women
Re: Fans Excoriate Mercy Johnson by RyanShort(m): 10:56pm On Jun 19, 2010
If you've got it, flaunt it, afterall you are only young once.
Re: Fans Excoriate Mercy Johnson by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jun 19, 2010
Nothing wrong with Mercy Johnson, or her dressing. wink
Re: Fans Excoriate Mercy Johnson by Bluemoon1(f): 1:13am On Jun 20, 2010

With all the money Mercy earns, she's ugly sha. . . . . See skin!!! Grin Grin Grin

lmao
Re: Fans Excoriate Mercy Johnson by shotster50(m): 6:42am On Jun 20, 2010
Simple case of jealousy.
Re: Fans Excoriate Mercy Johnson by shilling(f): 7:05am On Jun 20, 2010
No hating, but her skin is really bad, ewww. You don't even need to be super rich to have glowing skin: eat tons of tomatoes, drink loads of water, gosh!! Use coconut oil on your skin lol. . .

But I love her shade of lipstick, and at least she has white teeth.
Re: Fans Excoriate Mercy Johnson by boy1(m): 10:43am On Jun 20, 2010
Gossip!leave her alone. .deal with ur own problem.
Re: Fans Excoriate Mercy Johnson by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jun 20, 2010
Honestly mercy dresses like a slut, and the thing wey dey pain me pass be say her breas.ts don loose force of gravity and very soon, environmental sanitation will begin as the breas.ts go dey help sweep floor

And the worst part is when shes not putting on a bra, goodness, does the sight hurt my eyes? it sure does, cos the next thing i will do is kidnap her and send her to the slicing table to get some bosoms upliftment done.If these bosoms looks terrible with clothes on  wat will happen if she takes her clothes off

Even if i be man, she strip unclothed with her bosoms, even if my ozuma rock don stand "kajam" for roof, the thing go deflate and go need some pschological therapy to ever rise up again for pump action.

But her shape still hot
Re: Fans Excoriate Mercy Johnson by nellaluv(f): 2:48pm On Jun 20, 2010
She should watch it abeg, it's nt that the cleavage is even nice and inviting, like the one up there i seriously wanted to puke. She's lucky that she has a car 'cos i bet you she will think twice b4 leaving her house dressed like that, the insults and catcalls she'll receive from touts and okada men is better imagined, God naija is useless sha grin grin i almost witnessed how a lady was nearly stripped naked in broad daylight lol.
Re: Fans Excoriate Mercy Johnson by MissyB1(m): 3:00pm On Jun 20, 2010
Freedom to dress as desired is one thing everyone should have.

Whether what You wear suits You or not is anatha issue entirely and is also, no one's business .

nellaluv:

She should watch it abeg, it's nt that the cleavage is even nice and inviting, like the one up there i seriously wanted to puke. She's lucky that she has a car 'cos i bet you she will think twice b4 leaving her house dressed like that, the insults and catcalls she'll receive from touts and okada men is better imagined, God naija is useless sha grin grin i almost witnessed how a lady was nearly stripped unclothed in broad daylight lol.

What was she wearing?
Re: Fans Excoriate Mercy Johnson by yme1(f): 3:03pm On Jun 20, 2010
i gat no probs with her and her skippyu attire but the babe lacks fashion sense tho undecided
Re: Fans Excoriate Mercy Johnson by MissyB1(m): 3:13pm On Jun 20, 2010
shotster50:

Simple case of jealousy.
and insecurity.

Why is it only women that are complaining badly?
Imagine the one that said she ''hurriedly left'' the wedding with her husband and kids because of what Mercy was wearing. I mean- WTF?? Na so e don reach?
Re: Fans Excoriate Mercy Johnson by yme1(f): 3:18pm On Jun 20, 2010
Missy B:

Why is it only women that are complaining badly?
Imagine the one that said she ''hurriedly left'' the wedding with her husband and kids because of what Mercy was wearing. I mean- WTF?? Na so e don reach?
which kind exaggeration be that cheesy cheesy
make the woman go hug transformer, what has another woman's dressing gat to do with her leaving with her family in a haste undecided
Re: Fans Excoriate Mercy Johnson by Outstrip(f): 3:19pm On Jun 20, 2010
In fact I almost laughed and fell out of the chair when I read that. As if Mercy glued her husband's eyes to her chest. Like I said earlier jobless women
Re: Fans Excoriate Mercy Johnson by MissyB1(m): 3:31pm On Jun 20, 2010
y me:

which kind exaggeration be that cheesy cheesy
make the woman go hug transformer, what has another woman's dressing gat to do with her leaving with her family in a haste undecided
Lmao!!!

Outstrip:

In fact I almost laughed and fell out of the chair when I read that. As if Mercy glued her husband's eyes to her chest. Like I said earlier jobless women
Like serz'ly . . . . They are really jobless.
I can imagine her, leading her family outta the occasion in a hurry. . . . Da hell?

Imagine Military men flogging Ladies in Low-rise jeans, in Lagos. Like, are they 4 real?
Re: Fans Excoriate Mercy Johnson by nellaluv(f): 3:48pm On Jun 20, 2010
^ ^ They're for real o sad sad
Missy B: What was she wearing?
Dressed the same way as Mercy Johnson.
Something just happened now, a man just dropped off a lady in front of the estate gate, her outfit was really short and she got fat thighs, come and see drama grin grin she quickly crossed to the other side and took refuge in a café cheesy
Re: Fans Excoriate Mercy Johnson by MissyB1(m): 3:54pm On Jun 20, 2010
nellaluv:

^ ^ They're for real o sad sadDressed the same way as Mercy Johnson.
Something just happened now, a man just dropped off a lady in front of the estate gate, her outfit was really short and she got fat thighs, come and see drama grin grin she quickly crossed to the other side and took refuge in a café cheesy 
Na wa!!!
Re: Fans Excoriate Mercy Johnson by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jun 20, 2010
EEWW!!! that's one ugly cleavage there,
The only thing she got right is her shape, every other thing (skin, face , dressing sense) is fugly
Re: Fans Excoriate Mercy Johnson by RyanShort(m): 4:27pm On Jun 20, 2010
nellaluv:

. . . i almost witnessed how a lady was nearly stripped unclothed in broad daylight lol.

And would stripping her naked have made things better, people and their misplaced priorities, no wonder why the Country seems Godforsaken undecided undecided undecided
Re: Fans Excoriate Mercy Johnson by Outstrip(f): 4:36pm On Jun 20, 2010
I think women should start going around with mace in their purses. After one or two people get an eyeful of mace people will learn to keep their uncivilized hands to themselves
Re: Fans Excoriate Mercy Johnson by cold(m): 4:44pm On Jun 20, 2010
Yes if you've got it flaunt it,but what exactly is Mercy flaunting,those sickly looking things? Or that unsightly skin of hers.Eeeeeeewww,she honestly needs someone to tell her the truth about her looks.
Re: Fans Excoriate Mercy Johnson by MissyB1(m): 5:14pm On Jun 20, 2010
Ryan Short:

And would stripping her unclothed have made things better, people and their misplaced priorities, no wonder why the Country seems Godforsaken undecided undecided undecided
I concur, Jare!

Outstrip:

I think women should start going around with mace in their purses. After one or two people get an eyeful of mace people will learn to keep their uncivilized hands to themselves
Majority of 'em are like this. How can 1 fight 1000?
Re: Fans Excoriate Mercy Johnson by chika98: 5:17pm On Jun 20, 2010
Mercy wor wor sha. If no be for that her shape lipsrsealed
Re: Fans Excoriate Mercy Johnson by nellaluv(f): 5:41pm On Jun 20, 2010
Outstrip: I think women should start going around with mace in their purses. After one or two people get an eyeful of mace people will learn to keep their uncivilized hands to themselves
abi o, grin grin grin
but it wont be easy, lol, the girl is still going to be the loser at the end of the day.
Re: Fans Excoriate Mercy Johnson by nellaluv(f): 5:41pm On Jun 20, 2010
Outstrip: I think women should start going around with mace in their purses. After one or two people get an eyeful of mace people will learn to keep their uncivilized hands to themselves
abi o, grin grin grin
but it wont be easy, lol, the girl is still going to be the loser at the end of the day.
Re: Fans Excoriate Mercy Johnson by Borat1: 5:44pm On Jun 20, 2010
Missy B:

Movie buffs, especially mothers and wives are currently pissed and thoroughly disappointed with Nollywood actress, Mercy Johnson. And the reason for their seething anger, we reliably gathered has to do with Miss Johnson’s new-found passion of garbing in skimpy attires and deliberate flaunting of her bosoms in movies and social engagements.

In fact, one of these women that attended a recent Nollywood wedding with her husband and two children, told us she hurriedly left the venue with her family, the moment Johnson ‘invaded’ with her near-unclothed attire. “We thought her cleavages will pop out of her skimpy attire that revealed so much from her upper region. When my family and I could no longer bear the ugly sight, we hurriedly and angrily left the very colourful wedding. My kids that used to see her as their role model immediately discarded her. How can she come to a social event garbed like that, knowing very well that she’s also a role model to several youths in the society, who equally look up to her. In fact, in my household, we’ve also stopped watching her movies, because of the skimpy things she’s fond of donning.”

Also speaking, another angry female fan of the Kogi State-born actress accused Johnson of deliberately donning skimpy attires on/off locations without regard for the womenfolk. “Are Genevieve, Omotola, Monalisa, Oge, Funke and the rest of them not top actresses, did we ever see them donning skimpy attires or overtly flaunting and exposing their bosoms, why is Mercy Johnson’s case very different”, asked this bitter lady. Fuming further, she raged: “We are tired of Johnson’s ways of dressing. She’s not representing us well as a role model. Enough of this her bosoms flaunting and skimpy attires, it’s now very disgusting and debasing us.”

Meanwhile, a recent sms from another pissed fan, pleaded with the controversial and still single thespian to desist from disgracing the womenfolk with her new-found passion for skimpy wears. “We are tired of Mercy Johnson’s new dress sense. If you watch her in movies, meet her at events or even buy papers to read, you keep seeing her flaunting her bosoms and deliberately revealing parts of her body. We are tired of her insulting our sensibilities. Is she the only Nigerian actress? Well, my family and I have started boycotting any film that features her, in our home. My kids are even complaining and that makes it more disturbing. Please, help us beg her to stop now. If she wants to go unclothed, let her do that within the confines of her bedroom, and not in movies, social events or the pages of magazines. Some of us have husbands and we do not want them to begin to think otherwise because of Mercy Johnson. Enough of this her madness,” lambasted this mother, who incidentally reached us from Johnson’s State, Kogi.

A mischievous guy, who called from London, pointed out that Johnson might end up baring -it-all in movies with the way she is currently going. “I will be happy to see Mercy bare-it-all in movies, since that is what she enjoys doing these days in movies and real life.”

Painfully too, a top filmmaker that spoke with us on the condition of anonymity pooh-poohed Johnson, for disgracing them with her near-unclothed wears and constant exposure of her cleavages in movies and events, within and outside Nollywood. “Mercy’s case is giving us a big concern in Nollywood. We still cannot fathom what she wants to achieve with this constant and irresponsible exposures. When she joined Nollywood a few years ago, she was not like this,  Very shy and humble, stardom has completely changed her. But is she the first or only female star in Nollywood? She should watch it before it backfires on her, ”

Source : http://www.nigeriafilms.com/news/7960/2/fans-lambast-mercy-johnson.html

Why should i take the unverified opinions of the five faceless nonentities above. . .
Mercy dey show me every-every abeg shoooo. . . angry angry angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

FAZEBOOK Babes(new Nollywood Movie)........what Do You Think? / List Of Celebrities In Nigeria That Rock As Single Moms / Grandma Savage! This Is How Pretty Tiwa Savage Will Look As An Old Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.