Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,710 members, 7,816,914 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

An Open Letter To Seun And Nairaland Mods - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / An Open Letter To Seun And Nairaland Mods (701 Views)

Nairaland Mods Should Stop The Favouritism Among Bloggers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To Seun And Nairaland Mods by Premiumwriter: 12:05pm On Aug 05, 2018
Hello Seun, Nairaland mods and fellow Nairalanders.

Hope everyone's day is going fine.

First off, I'm Premiumwriter and have been a member of this forum for quite sometime now. The forum has been really helpful especially when it comes to gaining information, making friends, making money, making enemies, and having fun. Thanks to Seun for creating this wonderful platform, we, your fans and community cannot thank you enough. And the mods you are all wonderful.

But I'm not writing this open letter just to show my appreciation for Seun and Nairaland mods, I probably will have to do that some other other day, but today, I'll be focusing this letter on particular issues which I believe deserves immediate attention from Seun and mods.

I'll be grouping each under a particular subtopic to make everything easier.

And Seun, this is not a letter to share my personal feelings and thoughts about matters here, I took my time to go over posts in various threads and came up with this points which I believe you should quickly tackle.

And to Nairalanders, if you find any point that you feel is worth looking into and should be quickly tackled, like the post, the more likes the more Seun and the mods will know how we strongly disagree with some of these issues here.

Thanks.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: An Open Letter To Seun And Nairaland Mods by Premiumwriter: 12:06pm On Aug 05, 2018
Taking An Oath Before Commenting On Muslim Threads.

I first noticed that one will have to declare an allegiance to Allah before commenting on a thread in the Muslim section when I wanted to comment for the first time on a particularly sensitive topic.

The Christian section (or the general religion section) is quite free and just about any member can comment on any post without swearing or pledging an allegiance to another God, so why should the Muslim section be different?

For the most part, we are taught to believe that Muslims and Christians worship the same God (though I have no belief), but isn't it quite hypocritical to find even the largest forum in the country which is supposed to unite us with freedom of expression and opinions dividing us into sects based on our beliefs? And more over don't you think, Nairaland do the Christians and others (including the atheists) a disservice if the Muslims can comment on their threads but they could not in turn comment on theirs unless they renounce their own beliefs?

This issue should be looked into and resolved. It's quite disheartening to find such marginalization of other religions on our cyberspace. If this was done to prevent others from making a mockery of the Muslim beliefs then I believe the Christians and other religions deserves such protections as well because they all get bullied at one time or the other.

If a Christian (or an atheist) will have to swear before posting on a Muslim thread, then a particular section should be created and dedicated to Christians, atheists and others, so we can all understand that each one belongs to his own or otherwise (as most of us will suggest) remove the oath all together.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: An Open Letter To Seun And Nairaland Mods by Premiumwriter: 12:07pm On Aug 05, 2018
Making Updates Without Informing Us

From all observations, I believe you treat the Nairaland forum like a website: a thing. You don't see it as it is: a breathing community of over two million members with more than three thousand members meeting and discussing issues on a daily basis. This forum is more than a website and for one bigger than most communities in Nigeria.

We understand the platform belongs to you but still I believe we your community deserve some form of respects from you. We at least demand that you inform us of every changes you make to the community and why you choose to make such changes.

Every business today does that and every forums which have even an iota of respect for each member inform them of every update and reasons for such updates. This is not because they are not the sole owners of such business but because they understand that the “business” they have is a community which most are happy to called by its name. Today we call ourselves Nairalanders because we are proud members of the community and even host beach parties to meet with others physically.

Start seeing us as a nation and one which requires updates on what's going on in its own territory. Others do that all the time, either by sending direct emails to each members or having a separate section on the forum for that.

For instance, most of us have been asking about the whereabouts of our page “0” but up till now, none of the officials have been able to provide a “reasonable” answer for that. Prior to the update you could have sent everyone an email “the Nairaland page “0” will henceforth no longer exist because…” but sadly, you took that away without any care.

I know this is quite trivial but as little as this update may seem, it didn't take us unaware because we are all very familiar with the terrain of our community and we demand to be informed about every other future updates and the reasons for such.

Once again thanks so much for this wonderful forum and the mods, you great. Love to fellow Nairalanders out there.

Cc Seun
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Dominique

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To Seun And Nairaland Mods by LuciferChristi: 12:17pm On Aug 05, 2018
I also want to include mine.

1. Tribalism

Tribalism is here to stay so deleting comments is just wrong. There should be freedom of expression on nairaland. Noble tribalists like myself must be allowed to express themselves.

2. Satanists & Atheists Day

Friday has been reserved for Muslims & Sundays for Christian posts. Why can't atheists have a day of the week reserved for them & Satanists like us have ours too afterall there is freedom of religion & association.

3. Feminism

If tribalism is banned on Nairaland then feminism should be banned too since they both represent the hatred of a particular set of humans. Its double standards to promote feminism & debunk tribalism.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Seun And Nairaland Mods by PrincessB1(f): 12:20pm On Aug 05, 2018
Great observation
I hope they do the needful
Re: An Open Letter To Seun And Nairaland Mods by LuciferChristi: 12:21pm On Aug 05, 2018
PrincessB1:
Great observation
I hope they do the needful

Thanks

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Seun And Nairaland Mods by Rasheed2567: 12:22pm On Aug 05, 2018
move to front page now
Re: An Open Letter To Seun And Nairaland Mods by iHart(m): 12:22pm On Aug 05, 2018
I have another thing that bothers me. It seems some of the mods are con men. I have some one who complained about getting scammed. He posted details about the supposed scam but every time he does that, his post is deleted immediately. I think he was later banned.

Another thing is security and privacy. We have been seeing a lot of security breaches here and there. This site have been hacked severally and our data stolen on several occasion. Nairaland have said or done nothing about these things!!!

There are also issues of cyber bullying, tribalism, hate speeches and nothing is being done about that. This place is fast becoming a children's play ground.

I must tell you, I am now finding here too irritative and toxic.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To Seun And Nairaland Mods by Premiumwriter: 12:24pm On Aug 05, 2018
LuciferChristi:

1. Tribalism

Tribalism is here to stay so deleting comments is just wrong. There should be freedom of expression on nairaland. Noble tribalists like myself must be allowed to express themselves.

Friday has been reserved for Muslims & Sundays for Christian posts. Why can't atheists have a day of the week reserved for them & Satanists like us have ours too afterall there is freedom of religion & association.

3. Feminism

If tribalism is banned on Nairaland then feminis should be banned too since they both represent the hatred of a particular set of humans. Its double standards to promote feminism & debunk tribalism.

Uhm I think you and I are on a very different boats.

I dislike tribalism and I think Nairaland should be against it, since it seeks to divide and not unite us.

Sure some of you will rather see us divided but for me it's a personal thing and I'd rather see Nigeria united than separated. Personally.

Friday is for Muslims and Sundays is for Christians because that's their day of worship. If Satanists like you or atheists like me have a particular "nationally recognized day" of "worship," feel free to mention it here and I'll happily advocate for it, if not I think we can bury it.

Feminism is not the hatred for men.

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Seun And Nairaland Mods by ibroauthen(m): 12:26pm On Aug 05, 2018
OK I'm reading
Re: An Open Letter To Seun And Nairaland Mods by LuciferChristi: 12:35pm On Aug 05, 2018
Premiumwriter:

Uhm I think you and I are on a very different boats.

I dislike tribalism and I think Nairaland should be against it, since it seeks to divide and not unite us.

Sure some of you will rather see us divided but for me it's a personal thing and I'd rather see Nigeria united than separated. Personally.

Friday is for Muslims and Sundays is for Christians because that's their day of worship. If Satanists like you or atheists like me have a particular "nationally recognized day" of "worship," feel free to mention it here and I'll happily advocate for it, if not I think we can bury it.

Feminism is not the hatred for men.

You dey craze.

I also disagree with your 'observations'.

1.Muslims are usually targeted by other religions hence the need to take an oath before you comment on their threads. This deter trolls like you from desecrating their faith with your blasphemous comments. The Christian threads require no oaths, afterall your pastors commit all sorts of atrocities & acts of immorality. Cleanse your religion first before you demand respect.

2. Seun owes you no explanation. He reserves the exclusive rights to make changes to his website however he deems fit. If you don't like it, leave.

Nairaland is not a consumer good.

Mr. Adviser, if you are that good at running websites, why don't you open your own website/blog since you're a writer?

Can't can ya?
Re: An Open Letter To Seun And Nairaland Mods by Agbaletu: 12:39pm On Aug 05, 2018
Premiumwriter:
Taking An Oath Before Commenting On Muslim Threads.

I first noticed that one will have to declare an allegiance to Allah before commenting on a thread in the Muslim section when I wanted to comment for the first time on a particularly sensitive topic.

The Christian section (or the general religion section) is quite free and just about any member can comment on any post without swearing or pledging an allegiance to another God, so why should the Muslim section be different?

For the most part, we are taught to believe that Muslims and Christians worship the same God (though I have no belief), but isn't it quite hypocritical to find even the largest forum in the country which is supposed to unite us with freedom of expression and opinions dividing us into sects based on our beliefs? And more over don't you think, Nairaland do the Christians and others (including the atheists) a disservice if the Muslims can comment on their threads but they could not in turn comment on theirs unless they renounce their own beliefs?

This issue should be looked into and resolved. It's quite disheartening to find such marginalization of other religions on our cyberspace. If this was done to prevent others from making a mockery of the Muslim beliefs then I believe the Christians and other religions deserves such protections as well because they all get bullied at one time or the other.

If a Christian (or an atheist) will have to swear before posting on a Muslim thread, then a particular section should be created and dedicated to Christians, atheists and others, so we can all understand that each one belongs to his own or otherwise (as most of us will suggest) remove the oath all together.
First off, I am a Christian even though I have not worshipped in any church for over a decade now.
That section will be invaded with lots of derogatory comments mostly by the so called Christians if everybody is allowed to comment in Islamic section. I don't see anything bad in what the management of Nairaland did.
It is not a must that we should comment on any topic in that section.
Re: An Open Letter To Seun And Nairaland Mods by Agbaletu: 12:45pm On Aug 05, 2018
Premiumwriter:
Making Updates Without Informing Us

Well, I don't think this is necessary.
Re: An Open Letter To Seun And Nairaland Mods by Exwizard: 1:05pm On Aug 05, 2018
And more also Mods banning members at the slightest provocations..... Incessant banning
Re: An Open Letter To Seun And Nairaland Mods by Premiumwriter: 1:08pm On Aug 05, 2018
LuciferChristi:

You dey craze.

I also disagree with your 'observations'.

1.Muslims are usually targeted by other religions hence the need to take an oath before you comment on their threads. This deter trolls like you from desecrating their faith with your blasphemous comments. The Christian threads require no oaths, afterall your pastors commit all sorts of atrocities & acts of immorality. Cleanse your religion first before you demand respect.

2. Seun owes you no explanation. He reserves the exclusive rights to make changes to his website however he deems fit. If you don't like it, leave.

Nairaland is not a consumer good.

Mr. Adviser, if you are that good at running websites, why don't you open your own website/blog since you're a writer?

Can't can ya?

Laughs.

Because I disagreed with you, you call me crazy?

Some of you aren't even worth my "insult" so I won't insult you.

Sure Nairaland is not a consumer goods and that's all the reason why we should be carried along with every updates and changes.

You are even calling me Mr Adviser when you clearly gave your own advice up there. I swear you are really childish and have lots of growing up to do.
Re: An Open Letter To Seun And Nairaland Mods by Peter4naz(m): 1:30pm On Aug 05, 2018
LuciferChristi:

1. Tribalism

3. Feminism

If tribalism is banned on Nairaland then feminism should be banned too since they both represent the hatred of a particular set of humans. Its double standards to promote feminism & debunk tribalism.
It's Like you are from pit of Hell. SEUN AND MODS PLS IGNORE THIS SATANIST.. BIKO
Re: An Open Letter To Seun And Nairaland Mods by Premiumwriter: 1:42pm On Aug 05, 2018
Peter4naz:

It's Like you are from pit of Hell. SEUN AND MODS PLS IGNORE THIS SATANIST.. BIKO
Satanist kor, he's just an attention seeker, nothing more.
Re: An Open Letter To Seun And Nairaland Mods by LuciferChristi: 1:42pm On Aug 05, 2018
Premiumwriter:

Laughs.

Because I disagreed with you, you call me crazy?

Some of you aren't even worth my "insult" so I won't insult you.

Sure Nairaland is not a consumer goods and that's all the reason why we should be carried along with every updates and changes.

You are even calling me Mr Adviser when you clearly gave your own advice up there. I swear you are really childish and have lots of growing up to do.

Fill this form

Re: An Open Letter To Seun And Nairaland Mods by LuciferChristi: 1:43pm On Aug 05, 2018
Premiumwriter:

Then apply this to relieve the pain.

Re: An Open Letter To Seun And Nairaland Mods by Premiumwriter: 1:48pm On Aug 05, 2018
LuciferChristi:

Fill this form
and I always thought you're one reasonable person on this forum, you are just a glorified trash

Re: An Open Letter To Seun And Nairaland Mods by Peter4naz(m): 1:49pm On Aug 05, 2018
Premiumwriter:
Thanks for ur observation.
Re: An Open Letter To Seun And Nairaland Mods by Premiumwriter: 1:55pm On Aug 05, 2018
Peter4naz:

Thanks for ur observation.
anytime.

Some of them say things they don't even understand just to make them sound big and aloof.

Asking him even the basics of religion and you'll see him faltering like a pigeon. Empty vessels always makes the loudest noise.
Re: An Open Letter To Seun And Nairaland Mods by Cyberl33t: 2:31pm On Aug 05, 2018
If we have to swear before commenting on a Muslim post, then they have to swear before commenting on that of the Christians too!!

And that Lucifer guy up there, it's like ur brain is paining u!!

u can't rant these nonsense in front of me.

And as for Seun

U are doing a very good job, just correct the few mistakes that guy mentioned!!

When a post about church deliverance hit the front page, I know how many people will comment of how fake it is. Like the ones calling the lords chosen members brainwashed dirty people!! For fvck sake they should all swear an oat before commenting. It's a Christian thread!!

Hey Lucifer guy... Don't quote me unless u want thunder to pay u a visit today!!

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

2years 8 Months Verified Nigerian Non-hosted Adsense Account With $48 For Sale. / ........ / Naija Adsense Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.