Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,353 members, 7,815,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

Please, Advice Needed On How To Re Enter The Software Development Industry. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Please, Advice Needed On How To Re Enter The Software Development Industry. (873 Views)

Mobile App Development Industry In London / Fellowship At The Bulb: What Is It About & join the Software Engineering Program / where Are The Software Programmers Let's Talk Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please, Advice Needed On How To Re Enter The Software Development Industry. by Mgbadike80: 12:16am On Aug 06, 2018
please, I was formerly a hobbyist Java programmer with some completed pet projects which includes a Jamb examination simulator, a who wants to be a millionaire like game and a four function calculator (the calculator was in Java mobile edition and was successfully deployed and tested on a Nokia 2700 classic).However, while away on national service, my home was broken into and my laptop stolen. thereafter, I lost complete interest in software development for the past seven years. however, I'm currently a bit free for the long vacation and would like to receive suggestions on how best reenter the field especially in this age of web technologies. any advice would be appreciated.
Re: Please, Advice Needed On How To Re Enter The Software Development Industry. by bot101(m): 8:46am On Aug 06, 2018
Since you already have some knowledge of Java, I suggest you go learn Spring framework, HTML, CSS, JavaScript (very important) after which you should learn bootstrap and a front-end framework (Angular, React or Vue). That way, you'll not only bring yourself up to date with latest web development technologies, but also diversify your skills (You'll be able to develop web applications and desktop applications), as well as be an in-demand developer.

1 Like

Re: Please, Advice Needed On How To Re Enter The Software Development Industry. by Mgbadike80: 9:36am On Aug 06, 2018
bot101:
Sunce you already have aome knowledge of Java, I suggest you go learn Spring framework, HTML, CSS, JavaScript (very important) after which you should learn bootstrap and a frontend framework (Angular, React or Vue). That way, you'll not only bring yourself up to date with latest web development technologies, but also diversify your skills (You'll be able to develop web applications and desktop applications), as well as be an in-demand developer.
thanks a million. Gurus in the house, please, chip in your contributions on this.

(1) (Reply)

Anyone With Ccna Material? / Last Day!!! Get Your .COM Domain At N2,116/1st Yr / Remote Developer Here..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.