Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,870 members, 7,810,313 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:46 AM

Maureen Solomon: 'I Quit Acting To Dedicate Time For My Children, Family' - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Maureen Solomon: 'I Quit Acting To Dedicate Time For My Children, Family' (30093 Views)

I Want To Quit Acting - Gideon Okeke Reveals / Daddy Showkey Shows His Wife, Children, Family To Mark Father's Day / Basketmouth: Biography, Age, Net Worth, Wife, Children, Family, And Many More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maureen Solomon: 'I Quit Acting To Dedicate Time For My Children, Family' by Gossipninja: 12:36am On Aug 06, 2018
Nollywood actress Maureen Solomon quit acting after she got married in 2005 to raise a family. In 2011, the actress returned to feature in Uche Elendu movie and co-produce “In Too Deep” with another actor.
Since 2011, the actress has never featured in a movie.

The Entertainer recently visited the Lagos home of the beautiful and brainy actress where she revealed why she left the scene at the peak of her career.

Enjoy the interview below:

It seems marriage has changed you. You look more beautiful, what is the secret?
Thank you dear. First of all, it is God that has made me beautiful. I know and I am sure that it’s Him. Secondly, I don’t go out much. So, it’s peace of mind, nothing much and no secret really.

You’re one of the actresses that people loved to watch in those days. Your fans would like to know why you have been off the screen for so long?

It’s not so much silence because I want it to be so, but the fact that I am focused more on the family front, which I feel is more important. For all these years, I am grateful for the time that I have spent with my family, and continue to spend. I have devoted my time to my children for some time now. So, right now, I am coming back to work. My absence all these years has been because of my family.

There is this rumour that your husband stopped you from acting. Is there any atom of truth in that?

As a matter of fact, I got married in 2005 and I acted till 2011. The last time I did a movie was in 2011 and my husband never stopped me. So, I wonder why he would stop me in the middle of the way. My husband actually encourages my work, even in my going back now by the grace of God. It is still him that is pushing me and he will always spur me to do greater things, not just the normal thing we know of. So, he never stopped me, I stopped myself because I needed to dedicate more time to my children. My last house girl left as at the time I decided to stay home and I decided not to get another one. I practically had to become the house girl.

Gist From Zenithnaija.com

More below:

https://zenithnaija.com/maureen-solomon-i-quit-acting-to-dedicate-time-for-my-children-my-husband-didnt-stop-me/

9 Likes

Re: Maureen Solomon: 'I Quit Acting To Dedicate Time For My Children, Family' by Betakeshi: 12:47am On Aug 06, 2018
undecided

1 Like

Re: Maureen Solomon: 'I Quit Acting To Dedicate Time For My Children, Family' by pautex: 11:01am On Aug 06, 2018
Train up a child in the way he or she should go, and when he is old will not depart from it says the lord. You did the right thing Madam.

39 Likes

Re: Maureen Solomon: 'I Quit Acting To Dedicate Time For My Children, Family' by Jethrolite(m): 11:01am On Aug 06, 2018
Pretty daughter.

7 Likes

Re: Maureen Solomon: 'I Quit Acting To Dedicate Time For My Children, Family' by buygala(m): 11:01am On Aug 06, 2018
Abi you quit acting because acting quit you grin

You didn't realize the importance of you family when you went back to acting in 2011 after getting married in 2005undecided

Just be honest and tell us how acting roles never really came your way all these years.....

Then we will know how to join hands and put your comatose career in prayers sad

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maureen Solomon: 'I Quit Acting To Dedicate Time For My Children, Family' by divinehand2003(m): 11:02am On Aug 06, 2018
GOod decision

3 Likes

Re: Maureen Solomon: 'I Quit Acting To Dedicate Time For My Children, Family' by pweshdodo(m): 11:03am On Aug 06, 2018
I can remember that movie
'Honeymoon'

1 Like

Re: Maureen Solomon: 'I Quit Acting To Dedicate Time For My Children, Family' by savageee(f): 11:06am On Aug 06, 2018
A wise woman builds her home, u did well ma

16 Likes

Re: Maureen Solomon: 'I Quit Acting To Dedicate Time For My Children, Family' by YOUNGELDER1(m): 11:08am On Aug 06, 2018
Re: Maureen Solomon: 'I Quit Acting To Dedicate Time For My Children, Family' by dPriv: 11:10am On Aug 06, 2018
I remember this face.

for US used iPhone6 64gb.
ilorin

Check signature.
Re: Maureen Solomon: 'I Quit Acting To Dedicate Time For My Children, Family' by valdes00(m): 11:11am On Aug 06, 2018
she left for a good reason... At least she is better than those liars who said producers couldn't afford them anymore....

4 Likes

Re: Maureen Solomon: 'I Quit Acting To Dedicate Time For My Children, Family' by intricate(m): 11:13am On Aug 06, 2018
Who cares why all these ones quit acting. this one no be news na
Re: Maureen Solomon: 'I Quit Acting To Dedicate Time For My Children, Family' by omamush(f): 11:23am On Aug 06, 2018
this lady can act husband snatcher that year, and always trying to hide her broken tooth when she speaks.. she made a good decision by leaving jare..

6 Likes

Re: Maureen Solomon: 'I Quit Acting To Dedicate Time For My Children, Family' by AmiableG: 11:27am On Aug 06, 2018
I like her, she is not fake.
Your family should be your first priority.
U did well girl!!

16 Likes

Re: Maureen Solomon: 'I Quit Acting To Dedicate Time For My Children, Family' by Houseofglam7(f): 11:29am On Aug 06, 2018
kiss
Re: Maureen Solomon: 'I Quit Acting To Dedicate Time For My Children, Family' by FitandMuscular: 11:36am On Aug 06, 2018
undecided
Re: Maureen Solomon: 'I Quit Acting To Dedicate Time For My Children, Family' by iluvdonjazzy: 11:50am On Aug 06, 2018
that's lovely, that's great, Maureen my crush those days, mheen I love this girl like mad those days, Maumau I really do miss you.

4 Likes

Re: Maureen Solomon: 'I Quit Acting To Dedicate Time For My Children, Family' by creepsyme(f): 11:50am On Aug 06, 2018
omamush:
this lady can act husband snatcher that year, and always trying to hide her broken tooth when she speaks.. she made a good decision by leaving jare..
Lols... she really had a funny way of hiding her broken tooth.

4 Likes

Re: Maureen Solomon: 'I Quit Acting To Dedicate Time For My Children, Family' by Artzdanielsz(m): 11:59am On Aug 06, 2018
buygala:
Abi you quit acting because acting quit you grin

You didn't realize the importance of you family when you went back to acting in 2011 after getting married in 2005undecided

Just be honest and tell us how acting roles never really came your way all these years.....

Then we will know how to join hands and put your comatose career in prayers sad
how did you passed your school exam if you can't comprehend.

5 Likes

Re: Maureen Solomon: 'I Quit Acting To Dedicate Time For My Children, Family' by Artzdanielsz(m): 12:01pm On Aug 06, 2018
valdes00:
she left for a good reason... At least she is better than those liars who said producers couldn't afford them anymore....
like who �
Re: Maureen Solomon: 'I Quit Acting To Dedicate Time For My Children, Family' by Tobyarab(m): 12:14pm On Aug 06, 2018
She had a beautiful figure

2 Likes

Re: Maureen Solomon: 'I Quit Acting To Dedicate Time For My Children, Family' by buygala(m): 12:18pm On Aug 06, 2018
Artzdanielsz:

It's 'Pass' not 'passed smiley

Professor Tissuehead

2 Likes

Re: Maureen Solomon: 'I Quit Acting To Dedicate Time For My Children, Family' by Naturalobserver(m): 12:31pm On Aug 06, 2018
Artzdanielsz:
how
Re: Maureen Solomon: 'I Quit Acting To Dedicate Time For My Children, Family' by izombie(m): 12:35pm On Aug 06, 2018
Just tell us your husband stopped you from acting. I don't know what is wrong with nigerian men. You will go and marry an actress and then tell her to stop acting. Why marry her if you knew you were going to stop her from doing what she loves? Thats why alot of these marriages fail. How long do you think she'll be ok with not doing what she loves?
I remember i was in one audition with this maureen solomon and mama g in enugu before they became popular and this maureen was telling me how she loves acting. You could see her passion for acting. Who says you can't concentrate on both your family and career at the same time?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Adekunle Gold At Lala Akindoju And Chef Frezg Wedding / Portable Bows To KWAM1 As The Fuji Legend Advises Him. / Pregnant Mary Remmy Njoku Shares Vacation Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.