Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,306 members, 7,836,331 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

Building Structure Enquiry! - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building Structure Enquiry! (265 Views)

Building Structure Matters! Earthquake Affects Buildings / Bonanza Sale@ojodu Berger Building Structure Has A 4bdrm Duplex And 2 3bdrm 45m / *** Building on an existing structure a storey Of One Bedroom (4 Flats)*** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Building Structure Enquiry! by oluwashola4me(m): 1:26pm On Aug 06, 2018
Hello!
Please, can pillars(columns) be erected on a decking without shootouts from the foundation? - a storey building.

All the iron rod shootouts from the foundation were cut off.
Urgent, please. Thanks!

P. S: There are plans in line for Parapet.

@lalastica
Re: Building Structure Enquiry! by Googleus(m): 1:43pm On Aug 06, 2018
Why not,u might not even add columns( or reduce the nos ) to the top floor if that's the last floor..I mean a building below and just one at the top..

But u need consider the ambient soil nature and properties, the foundation used,the quality of the hollow blocks,the wind and expected Qk + Gk

1 Like

Re: Building Structure Enquiry! by Mgbadike80: 1:47pm On Aug 06, 2018
I believe it's safe but try to limit individual walls from spanning more than 15feet without an adjoining wall to support it, if you can.

1 Like

Re: Building Structure Enquiry! by oluwashola4me(m): 2:09pm On Aug 06, 2018
Googleus:
Why not,u might not even add columns( or reduce the nos ) to the top floor if that's the last floor..I mean a building below and just one at the top..

But u need consider the ambient soil nature and properties, the foundation used,the quality of the hollow blocks,the wind and expected Qk + Gk

Thanks.

The foundation is rock.
Re: Building Structure Enquiry! by oluwashola4me(m): 2:11pm On Aug 06, 2018
Mgbadike80:
I believe it's safe but try to limit individual walls from spanning more than 15feet without an adjoining wall to support it, if you can.

Thanks.

...spanning more than 15feet...width or length wise?
Re: Building Structure Enquiry! by Mgbadike80: 2:48pm On Aug 06, 2018
oluwashola4me:

Thanks.
in any direction.

1 Like

Re: Building Structure Enquiry! by Mgbadike80: 8:42pm On Aug 06, 2018
oluwashola4me:

Thanks.

it would be safe to use aluminium parapet, it's the same in appearance, you can google about it.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Furnished Four Bedroom Terrace Duplex With BQ At Lekki N28m / Distress Sale By Shoprite Off Monastery Road!!! / Block Of 4 Nos Of 3bedroom Flat On A Full Plot Of Land, Interlocking,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.