Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,856 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

How Is My Idea Safe With Anyone Opening A Website For Me - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Is My Idea Safe With Anyone Opening A Website For Me (538 Views)

Is My Files And Database Safe With Hosting Company? / Opening A Fully Verified Paypal Account And Withdrawing To Nigerian Bank / Can Anyone Help In Opening A Clickbank Account? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Is My Idea Safe With Anyone Opening A Website For Me by ezana1(m): 9:24pm On Aug 06, 2018
Hello house, I have these excellent idea, tested and trusted that it can't fail but prone to theft by a greedy/selfish website designer. Yes its needs a good website to commence

I want to know the procedures while having an agreement with a web designer and how safe can your idea be with them(against idea theft)

The whole process will be majorly control online by him(web designer)

So I have plans meeting a web designer around my vicinity, please how do I go about it to keep my idea safe with him

1 Like

Re: How Is My Idea Safe With Anyone Opening A Website For Me by Julius2214(m): 9:36pm On Aug 06, 2018
As a web designer, you honestly have nothing to worry about, I'm not saying this because I'm a web designer. It is what everybody will tell you... We are too busy to capitalize on, take advantage or "steal" all ideas that comes our way. As a web designer, I don't think you can suggest an idea that hasn't crossed our mind or we had even work on, I might even go crazy if I begin to thing of them.

So my friend, you have nothing to fear. Get a good web designer and start your project.

I wish you good luck

If you still have doubts, you can make agreements and put it on paper and/or even involving a lawyer
Re: How Is My Idea Safe With Anyone Opening A Website For Me by yomalex(m): 10:07pm On Aug 06, 2018
ezana1:
Hello house, I have these excellent idea, tested and trusted that it can't fail but prone to theft by a greedy/selfish website designer. Yes its needs a good website to commence

I want to know the procedures while having an agreement with a web designer and how safe can your idea be with them(against idea theft)

So I have plans meeting a web designer around my vicinity, please how do I go about it to keep my idea safe with him
Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA). signed same with a client 3 years ago funny thing is the idea is now everywhere but nobody has done it the same way.
Re: How Is My Idea Safe With Anyone Opening A Website For Me by Eze2000(m): 10:25pm On Aug 06, 2018
yomalex:
Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA). signed same with a client 3 years ago funny thing is the idea is now everywhere but nobody has done it the same way.

How much do you charge for building a WP blog? I'm a stuggling author just beginning to find my feet so please watch that price before you scare me away.

I've been looking at hosting opinions already... Bluehost, gator, iPage. I think iPage suits me for now.

Thing is, i want to move from blogger to Wordpress. Need a good but afordable template and some fantastic coding skill that can give me a landing page to capture emails, superb share buttons for every platform, and the lockign of some areas of the site. Same thing Nl did here. All the other section are free to copy and past but the Literature section is locked! I write stories on my blog like i used to do here but they copy it!

What say you?
Re: How Is My Idea Safe With Anyone Opening A Website For Me by ezana1(m): 10:35pm On Aug 06, 2018
yomalex:

Does this need a lawyer, or me, him and witnesses?
Re: How Is My Idea Safe With Anyone Opening A Website For Me by yomalex(m): 11:09pm On Aug 06, 2018
Eze2000:

How much do you charge for building a WP blog? I'm a stuggling author just beginning to find my feet so please watch that price before you scare me away.

I've been looking at hosting opinions already... Bluehost, gator, iPage. I think iPage suits me for now.

Thing is, i want to move from blogger to Wordpress. Need a good but afordable template and some fantastic coding skill that can give me a landing page to capture emails, superb share buttons for every platform, and the lockign of some areas of the site. Same thing Nl did here. All the other section are free to copy and past but the Literature section is locked! I write stories on my blog like i used to do here but they copy it!

What say you?
let's chat
Re: How Is My Idea Safe With Anyone Opening A Website For Me by yomalex(m): 11:12pm On Aug 06, 2018
ezana1:

Does this need a lawyer, or me, him and witnesses?
if you don't have a standby lawyer I believe a signed agreement between both parties will suffice
Re: How Is My Idea Safe With Anyone Opening A Website For Me by ezana1(m): 6:12am On Aug 07, 2018
yomalex:
if you don't have a standby lawyer I believe a signed agreement between both parties will suffice

Ok
Re: How Is My Idea Safe With Anyone Opening A Website For Me by webincomeplus(m): 6:44am On Aug 07, 2018
ezana1:

The part of your post that caught my attention is the "tested and trusted that it can't fail" part. Who tested and trusted the idea? How was it tested?

You see, I don't know what your idea is, but overconfidence alone can kill any idea. Even ideas that are more brilliant than yours have failed due to poor implementation and other factors.

I'm not trying to discourage you, but your enthusiasm should be in moderation, so you'd be able to move on easily if your idea fails. And always remember that the market reality is different from whatever you've conceived in your head or put on paper.

So, follow your dreams, and don't be paranoid about it. Even if your web designer doesn't replicate the idea, you'll later launch the idea and it will still become public knowledge anyway. By that time, it's never too late for a smart copycat to outshine you. Competition is something to be prepared for, not to be feared or avoided.

Best of luck!

2 Likes

Re: How Is My Idea Safe With Anyone Opening A Website For Me by ezana1(m): 7:35am On Aug 07, 2018
webincomeplus:

The part of your post that caught my attention is the "tested and trusted that it can't fail" part. Who tested and trusted the idea? How was it tested?

You see, I don't know what your idea is, but overconfidence alone can kill any idea. Even ideas that are more brilliant than yours have failed due to poor implementation and other factors.

I'm not trying to discourage you, but your enthusiasm should be in moderation, so you'd be able to move on easily if your idea fails. And always remember that the market reality is different from whatever you've conceived in your head or put on paper.

So, follow your dreams, and don't be paranoid about it. Even if your web designer doesn't replicate the idea, you'll later launch the idea and it will still become public knowledge anyway. By that time, it's never too late for a smart copycat to outshine you. Competition is something to be prepared for, not to be feared or avoided.

Best of luck!

Thanks for comment, nevertheless am not afraid of competition afterwards but fear of theft before its launched. I can guess you're a web designer, can u guess how much a good website, that contains constant updating of downlinks referrals can cost?
Dunno how it works but someone told me a developer will always be working at the site background
Re: How Is My Idea Safe With Anyone Opening A Website For Me by webincomeplus(m): 7:38am On Aug 07, 2018
ezana1:

Thanks for comment, nevertheless am not afraid of competition afterwards but fear of theft before its launched. I can guess you're a web designer, can u guess how much a good website, that contains constant updating of downlinks referrals can cost?
Dunno how it works but someone told me a developer will always be working at the site background
Oh well, I'm not a web designer, so I have no idea of the costs.

Just a tip here: If you want to hire a designer/developer, choose one who is highly experienced and has many clients. Don't go for low-quality stugglers all because they charge ridiculously low prices. Aside that you'll get quality output from a seasoned pro with a long list of clients, such a person won't steal your idea either because they are too busy or because they already have a name to protect.
Re: How Is My Idea Safe With Anyone Opening A Website For Me by ezana1(m): 7:43am On Aug 07, 2018
webincomeplus:

Oh well, I'm not a web designer, so I have no idea of the costs.

Just a tip here: If you want to hire a designer/developer, choose one who is highly experienced and has many clients. Don't go for low-quality stugglers all because they charge ridiculously low prices. Aside that you'll get quality output from a seasoned pro with a long list of clients, such a person won't steal your idea either because they are too busy or because they already have a name to protect.

True talk bro, now this is where money talks cos those guys charge way too high
Re: How Is My Idea Safe With Anyone Opening A Website For Me by webincomeplus(m): 8:37am On Aug 07, 2018
ezana1:

True talk bro, now this is where money talks cos those guys charge way too high
You get what you pay for. If you pay for top quality, you get it, and you have no headaches going forward.

I've seen people who were offered bad services by an amateur developer (whose price was cheap) and had to hire another developer to get the work up to par. Of course, the other developer also charged for a new project. In the end, he spent more in total than he would have spent to hire a top-grade developer in the first place.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Us Verified Paypal Account For Sale (full Access) / Why You Need To Hire Me As Your Blog Admin, Online Editor & Article Writer! / Does Anyone Know How To Use Cspro Software?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.