Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

How To Talk To Anybody With Confidence - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How To Talk To Anybody With Confidence (430 Views)

Confidence Imuo: Surviving Car Accident That Somersaulted 5 Times Is A Miracle / Never Reveal These 6 Secrets About Your Personal Life To Anybody / How To Speak With Confidence & Master Public Speaking In Few Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Talk To Anybody With Confidence by Easzy96(m): 6:07pm On Aug 07, 2018
Some people are just shy and lack confidence when they want to communicate with another person, either a superior or an opposite sex or a total stranger. Some people for most of there life, they have being incredibly shy and introverted and had minimal self-confidence. With fewer friends than normal. They are not necessarily losers, they are not just confident about themselves.
Well, I might not be able to touch the whole area of the concept of communication skills but I will give you some basic steps to take to over come this problem, but you can still email me for personal training for free Easigrafiti@gmail.com. Without further delay… let start

Tip *1.  Overcoming Shyness
One of the best ways to overcome shyness is to make it a habit of speaking to everyone. You can start by making little pep talk with strangers. Like… “uhm…. Sorry to both you, please what says the time”. Little by little you grow confident.  Note: Don’t limit yourself to talking to people you already know.

Tip *2. Talk More
The basics of successful conversation is basically the more you talk the better you get at it.

Tip *3. Avoid Lying
Not everybody can be an expert liar, so be honest to yourself and share how you feel. The first time I had to make a speech for my company 5 years ago. I was very anxious and scared. Even though I was a motor_mouth. I told my best friend about my situation and he introduce me to book. How to talk to anybody, anytime, anywhere by larry king. I read the book overnight and one of the principle in that book was that. “be honest”…. When I delivered my speech, the first thing I did was to admit to my audience that I was scared as sh*t… and they all laughed went easy on me and everything went well that day.

Tip *4. Avoid Yes and No Question
Be Open Ended. Closed questions take the flow out of conversations.  You can ask about the same subject with more substantive terms. People will answer them in full sentences. This will generate lengthier answers. And you will enjoy your conversation.

Tip *5. Body Language.
Body language is the most effective way to communicate as a primitive being. It like the second language you speak. When it comes natural, it works great. When you fake it, it feels unnatural and contrived.

Tip *6. Make Eye Contact
This is like the scariest thing I can ask an introvert to do.. Well, if you really want to improve. It is a must to make eye contact.

Maintain good eye contact. At beginning and end. But also throughout listening and talking. It is essential to a successful conversation.

Here are some little tips you can keep in mind to be a good conversationalist:

Looking at things from a different angle
Have broadened horizon (Be Knowledgeable)
Enthusiasm
Don’t just talk about yourself.
Be curious, Ask questions
Show Empathy
Have a sense of humor
Do things your own way
And finally know when to shut up, to avoid awkward moments.

CC; lalasticlala
CC; Mynd44

Source:https://9jalife.com.ng/talk-anybody-confidence/

(1) (Reply)

Going Back To School? Babcock, Bowen, Covenant, Adeleke & Others / Leah On The Offbeat Book Free Download Epub | Best Books 2018 / Top 25 Richest And Poorest Countries Of Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.